What is wrong with the idiots who design cellphones
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: What is wrong with the idiots who design cellphones

Member #
    Liked
    5325 times

What is wrong with the idiots who design cellphones

Yet again while on my flip phone I accidentally hit the button that muted the speaker phone. It only took me a second to realize I couldn't hear my sister anymore.
    It really irritates me that there are buttons on the outside where you hold the thing.
    They could have and should have put the 4 buttons on the inside instead of where you hold the darn things.
    Every cell phone I have ever had is the same way.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1445 times
    Buy a IPhone
    They made us many promises, more than i can remember, but they never kept but one; they promised to take our land, and they took it."
    Red Cloud

Member #
    Liked
    35819 times
    Wait......you actually used a phone to make a phone call?! Novel idea.......not sure that's ever been attempted before, most only use them as a gps to guide them into light poles or off the edge of cliffs.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    5727 times
    The Samsung smartphone I have is annoying because the buttons are right where you grab it and I constantly take screenshots for no reason just holding it.
    They all suck!!

Member #
    Liked
    258 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeper1 View Post
    Yet again while on my flip phone I accidentally hit the button that muted the speaker phone. It only took me a second to realize I couldn't hear my sister anymore.
    It really irritates me that there are buttons on the outside where you hold the thing.
    They could have and should have put the 4 buttons on the inside instead of where you hold the darn things.
    Every cell phone I have ever had is the same way.
    With a smartphone you can mute yourself while having the phone up against your ear. Stupid touchscreens. Then again, if your flip phone had the buttons on the inside, the same might happen.

Darnit! They all have issues

I use speakerphone almost exclusively, I don't like having a phone against my head and like my hands free.

I think the cell-phone designers are computer people, not phone people if you know what I mean. And they made windows, so there's that. Here's what I want, fully automatic secret service model:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by unclenunzie; 06-13-2020 at 07:03 AM.
    jtg452 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    34676 times
    I have an iPhone, but it's provided by my employer. It's very, very useful, but it's Apple. All those folks who say "they're so intuitive, so easy to use" have very different brains from mine. The learning curve was long. I find Android much easier. I wouldn't want to go back to a non-smartphone, you just give up too much great functionality. If I were buying on my own I'd get a Samsung. Their phones seem really nice.
    brojohn, jtg452 and 45 Forever like this.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    342 times

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by dogchild View Post
    Buy a IPhone
    ....and find out how much worse that can be......!!!!
    brojohn, DeltaBravoKS and jtg452 like this.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    35330 times
    I have a couple of buddies that have old fashioned flip phones. They’re happy with them, as they only want to make and receive calls. No texting or anything else.
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    32625 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokewagon View Post
    I have a couple of buddies that have old fashioned flip phones. They’re happy with them, as they only want to make and receive calls. No texting or anything else.
    My wife has played with my android phone, doesn't care for it. She has a flip phone. AND, SHE has a PhD in computer science. She's retired now and doesn't like learning new operating systems and platforms. Can't say that I blame her. She's been into computing since the punch card days.

Now, since I have a hard time remembering ANYthing anymore, I kinda like to be able to google. I think of it as a cyborg extension of my memory. I can google ANYwhere, not just on the laptop. Voice googling is marvelous.
    brojohn likes this.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    35819 times
    This is my idea of the ultimate cellphone...........
    glenwolde and DeltaBravoKS like this.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links