Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: What is wrong with the idiots who design cellphones

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3897 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Cariwine View Post
    They are made for young people. My dad asked me to get him one of those phones with apps. He wanted apps. A couple of months later I gave him an Iphone. "What did you get me this for?" I pay lots of money for him to have apps and he uses exactly none of them. LOL

My mom hates apps too other than directions so she's one up on Pop. She did figure out how to deposit a check with it so make that 2 up on good ol dad.

I wonder what happens to our brains as we get older that makes us resistant to change.
    It's called wisdom. Change for the sake of change is a waste of time and money. Every new marketing whiz knows a better way to rearrange a grocery store. Every new bureaucrat knows a better way to design the form. Every new ergonomic genius in Cupertino knows what you need in a phone.
    muddcatt54 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    195 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaBravoKS View Post
    It's called wisdom. Change for the sake of change is a waste of time and money. Every new marketing whiz knows a better way to rearrange a grocery store. Every new bureaucrat knows a better way to design the form. Every new ergonomic genius in Cupertino knows what you need in a phone.
    Hey change is good, think about the genus of developing an 8 round .357 mag revolver. Also you can use a flip phone to call your LGS to order a couple.
    DeltaBravoKS likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2210 times
    There is absolutely no form of HE** that is worse than my (and maybe YOURS, too) first week with a (so-called) "smart" phone.

I was 2500 miles from home and trying to find my next load-address when my flip-phone decided to set itself afire in my hands. I tossed it out of the truck, because I was more in love with my Freightliner than I was that AT&T gizmotchy. Anyway, it melted int the asphalt, there in front of the cantina in Albuquerque, and I had to find the AT&T store and they conned me into taking a smartphone. Every time I would manage to get it to actually dial the number, and the number would answer with "Push 3 for directions to our loading facility" - the phone would go dark and I was left without a number pad. How COULD I push "3"???

I finally flagged down a Deputy Sheriff or somesuch and he told me exactly where to go. (I didn't realize they had that kind of an attitude toward Yankee truck drivers. ) Anyway, more of the same with that confounded phone, and before I got to Hatch, I was tempted to run over it, but reason prevailed, for it would then not be worth anything for trade-in on another flip-phone.

But ultimately, my son, six years ago got a deal for family phones, and conned Mrs Flash and I into getting HTC smartphones and quit the house phone, thus saving us too a big wad of monthly cash.. My 12-year old grandson gave me an afternoon of coaching, and so I got moderately happy with mine. Mrs. Flash took a longer while to get comfortable with hers. Two years of relative success, and both of them gave up the ghost in the same week. No, they didn't melt into the pavement, but just quietly resigned, and laid down and died. We now have LG8 's. The learning curve is still kinda torturous, but Android is (almost ) Android.

I download books from my local library and read without going downtown for the paper product. News at the touch. "Hey, Google. . . frangipani!" - GPS for not only where the cemetery is, but the exact location of Great Uncle Valentin's headstone. Translations from Ukranian, so I can understand Santiago's wife. Calculator. International Space Station. Movies. Appointment calendar. Camera - wowie! Weather. Email. Gasoline prices. Burger King. Pandora (MUSIC!) better than the first shirt-pocket transistor radio I had in college.

Man, I am a believer!
    TrucksNCoffee likes this.
    You must be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be.
    ....................Kurt Vonnegut, in "Mother Night"

All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. . . . . . . . . . . . .. — Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    32619 times
    I wanna know what's up with the total IDIOTS that designed Windows 10? WHY, oh WHY did they go out of their way to make it counter-intuitive?
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    342 times

Thumbs down

I hate it!
    NativeTexan likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2210 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NativeTexan View Post
    I wanna know what's up with the total IDIOTS that designed Windows 10? WHY, oh WHY did they go out of their way to make it counter-intuitive?
    They've been drinking from the same poisoned well that the marketing geniuses of my (formerly) favorite grocery store guzzle. The store worked, made money, and had a loyal clientelle, kept a good supply of all the necessities of the good life, and was closest to my house. They decided to change their whole aspect, becoming more cosmopolitan, elitist, and trendy. They redecorated with a thermonuclear detonation, and now nothing is intuitive, convenient, or rational. (I guess I just described W-10, too, didn't I?) In addition, they jacked their prices a good ten percent. (Rinse, repeat.)
    WoodyUSSLUCE and NativeTexan like this.
    You must be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be.
    ....................Kurt Vonnegut, in "Mother Night"

All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. . . . . . . . . . . . .. — Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune

Member #
    Liked
    342 times
    Quote Originally Posted by russinator View Post
    I hate it!
    I updated (overnight) to the latest 2004 version and all my emails disappeared. I hate it! .....and rolled back to the 1903 version....email is ok again...

Member #
    Liked
    1350 times
    Update your phone,I haven't seen a flip phone in years.
    dogchild likes this.

I am a Democrat that love my guns

A individual can't be a Army
    A individual can't be a Navy.
    A individual can't be a Air Force
    A individual can't be a Coast Guard
    A individual can be a MARINE! Semper Fi.

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    32619 times
    When I first got my "smart" phone, I spent the first day trying to figure out how to answer a call or hang up. I hope when I have to buy another, not much would have changed.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    36662 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NativeTexan View Post
    I like it.
    Keeper of The Pledge

GCS d? s+: a+++ C++ UL++++ P+ L++ E W++ N++ o+ K- w
    O M-- V-- PS+++ PE++ Y++ PGP++ t 5++ X- R+ tv+ b++++ DI++++ D+
    G-- e+++ h---- r+++ y+++ PL++++

∀xx ∃xy | xx∇xy > 0

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links