$371
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: $371

Member #
    Liked
    1729 times

$371

Thats what the 24-7 emergency veterinary gets for a snake bit on a holiday weekend. I got up at 6:30am and let the new five month old puppy out to do her business while I started breakfast. I let her back in after just a few minutes.
    I Cooked 3 yard eggs over easy and two pieces of toast. She gets an egg on top of Her puppy chow a little at a time and half a piece of toast. But she has to be good eat her food and not beg or bark. While dropping a little egg in her bowl I see the right side of her upper lip popped out the size of the eggs I just cooked. I knew something pop her. As soon as we had finished I walked the yard, Nothing. By 7:30 it was a no brainer. The corner of her eye was swelling. I have seen dogs snake bit before. My vet is open every 1th and 3rd Saturday. No call in's and referred to the 24-7 emergency Vet. The other vet in town is open at 8am on Saturdays. Cool, I'll be there when they open. I get there and sign on the door reads "closed for the holidays. be back Tuesday. In case of emergency go to24-7 vet.
    By this time both sides of her mouth look like you hit her with a baseball bat.
    Its 45 minute drive to the 24-7 vet, i made it in 30. I called ahead and they were ready for her.
    blood work showed snake venom but all other test looked good. so after three hours of drugs and watching her we
    got to go home with meds. She is doing good.

Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Poor thing. Glad she doing well

Member #
    Liked
    7993 times
    Glad to hear your pup's okay.

$375 was cheap vet bill for a snakebit dog, especially at a 24/7 vet clinic. Around here, you'd pay the emergency vet more than that just for the antivenin.

I'd always heard, 'Take the snake with you.' 'The vet will want to see the snake.'

Nope. When my dog was bit, I had that cottonmouth in the back seat in a plastic coffee can with the lid duct-taped on, but no one wanted to take a look.
    dennisturner likes this.
    Most stereotypes come from how you treated the last person who didn't know you.

"The greater part of mankind . . . walk blindfolded in this glorious theater." John Calvin

We will continue to make our republic the inspiration, the glory, and the envy of the rest of the world. As long as we are confident in our values, loyal to our citizens, and faithful to our God, there is no limit to what we can achieve. ​President Donald J. Trump, Feb 29, 2020.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1210 times
    I can't go to the emergency room for $371, I would call that a bargain for one of My four legged friends.
    To the gun grabbers:
    What kind of malicious intent do You have towards Me that makes You fear the fact that I may have a firearm.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    45290 times
    It would have been twice that around here and that's for the initial visit. Then they would have wanted to keep her overnight for observation which would have added another 200-300 to the bill. Glad she's OK and I hope she learned her lesson.
    “Historically, freedom is a rare and fragile thing . . . Freedom has cost the blood of millions in obscure places and in historic sites ranging from Gettysburg to the Gulag Archipelago . . .That something that cost so much in human lives should be surrendered piecemeal in exchange for visions and rhetoric seems grotesque. Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their ‘betters’.” Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    23313 times
    Yeah, my first reaction was "you got off cheap". It's been a few years but the last pet emergency at the big city 24/7 pet ER was more than twice that. They basically charge the same as humand ER's.
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

Member #
    Liked
    1729 times
    Her test showed no organ damage and was stable after Benadryl and roids so no antivenom . She just got her morning meds. Just a little swelling on the right lip. While she tested positive for venom, They don't want to use the antivenom unless needed.
    I was sucking wind thinking what that antivenom was going to run me.
    Oh yea
    , and I turned the chickens out and worked the yard looking for the snake. The chickens leave no bug unturned and find anything. They let out a cry for snake. I have one little Lady that will open a can on a garter snake.
    Last edited by Ickthus; 05-24-2020 at 06:47 AM.
    TrucksNCoffee and GhostHorse like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1868 times
    I read the first sentence and thought this was going to be a joke. Had to take the snake to the vet because it bit you.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    The budget should be balanced, the treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest we become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. - Cicero 55 B.C.

Member #
    Liked
    1729 times
    And she is a large breed American bulldog. Just over five months old and 41 pounds. She is a big girl. That helped more than anything.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Ickthus; 05-24-2020 at 06:56 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    25911 times
    Glad your dog is going to recover!

Did it bite her on the hip? If so, she may not have even saw it before it got her.

MOLON LABE
    "Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace." ~James Madison

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links