So, let's say the gooberment gives you $1000 every couple of weeks and says....
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: So, let's say the gooberment gives you $1000 every couple of weeks and says....

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    32598 times

So, let's say the gooberment gives you $1000 every couple of weeks and says....

....spend it or lose it. I heard that's what the dems want to do....stupid, but what will you do with yours? I ain't letting 'em take it back. Not sure how it's going to work, exactly, but I see new firearms in my future. What are you gonna do with yours?

Okay, I'm hoping we don't get this money that grew on trees, but I won't give it back. Seems only proper it should support the second amendment. Maybe I'll get me a .458 SOCOM. That'd be even better, get AR stuff with it.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    45265 times
    Pretty sure that this is a Mark Cuban idea that he's been touting as he works to position himself as a dark horse candidate. There are some good points about it, but like all calls for more deficit spending I feel like we need to wait until we see the results of the prior deficit spending. Maybe...just maybe 50-60% of those dollars are out in circulation at this point.
    357Funtime likes this.
    “Historically, freedom is a rare and fragile thing . . . Freedom has cost the blood of millions in obscure places and in historic sites ranging from Gettysburg to the Gulag Archipelago . . .That something that cost so much in human lives should be surrendered piecemeal in exchange for visions and rhetoric seems grotesque. Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their ‘betters’.” Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    12330 times
    I will patriotically spend it on guns and gun related stuff, as I did my first stimulus check. However Ginger insists on putting her portion in savings, dang seditious wifey..
    brojohn, CaptainMorgan and jwc007 like this.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    35304 times
    Guns and ammo, as far as it would go, then home improvements, then if I ran out of things, I’d find a way to give some away and a way to stuff some in the bank.
    I’m sure something like this would come with some goonerment trickery of some sort.
    jwc007 likes this.
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Member #
    Liked
    1927 times
    Please explain to me, exactly how does the Gooberment track where or how I spent the money if in fact I did spend it.
    daytonaredeye likes this.
    Wealth is earned by the penny but squandered by the dollar.

Never criticize a dumb question because you've probably asked your fair share. But more important to remember, it's much easier to correct a dumb question than it is to correct a dumb mistake.

Other people’s opinions are not a substitute for thought.

People won't remember what you say and people won't remember what you do. What people will remember is how you made them feel.

Member #
    Liked
    35462 times
    If it was spend it or lose it, I'd invest it.
    daytonaredeye likes this.
    "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem" (I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery) Thomas Jefferson in a letter to James Madison

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

"If everyone is thinking alike then someone isn't thinking!" General Patton

"If we waited for Washington to tell us when to plant, we should soon want bread." Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    5153 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NativeTexan View Post
    ....spend it or lose it. I heard that's what the dems want to do....stupid, but what will you do with yours? I ain't letting 'em take it back. Not sure how it's going to work, exactly, but I see new firearms in my future. What are you gonna do with yours?

Okay, I'm hoping we don't get this money that grew on trees, but I won't give it back. Seems only proper it should support the second amendment. Maybe I'll get me a .458 SOCOM. That'd be even better, get AR stuff with it.
    Or maybe one of these:

Whatever adjective or verb comes to mind, I am...NotSo.

One of my goals in life is to shoot more people on purpose than I do by accident. So far, so good.

Member #
    Liked
    30192 times
    Carrying "Gov-mint" cash while out fishing wasn't a good idea...

Attached Images Attached Images  
    jwc007 and coopercdrkey like this.
    NULLI SECUNDUS

Member #
    Liked
    252 times
    Quote Originally Posted by magpasbi View Post
    Please explain to me, exactly how does the Gooberment track where or how I spent the money if in fact I did spend it.
    Being a hypothetical example, perhaps by magic. But if it were a serious proposal, I suppose a federal gift card or similar might be the ticket. But since cash is fungible, they can't really track whether you've stopped paying/buying something else and only using the card to show you spent it.

But that's not the point of this thread, I think.
    357Funtime likes this.

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    32598 times
    Quote Originally Posted by silverstring View Post
    I will patriotically spend it on guns and gun related stuff, as I did my first stimulus check. However Ginger insists on putting her portion in savings, dang seditious wifey..
    Yeah, I think it was Mark Cuban that was touting it. It won't happen, just an exercise in speculation. But, what if it did happen? The premise Cuban came up with was that it'd have to be spent. If you saved it, it'd be canceled somehow. Not sure the mechanism on THAT one. The whole premise is to stimulate by purchasing stuff. I don't think he thought about people buying firearms with it. He's pretty anti-gun, I think.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links