• 2 Post By Peacemakr40
  • 1 Post By DWARREN123
  • 2 Post By Peacemakr40

Thread: How I feel about "SAFETY FLAWS"

Member #
    Liked
    527 times

How I feel about "SAFETY FLAWS"

I get so tired of reading about Manufacturer Flaws safety issues....

My neighbor has a Pit Bull, I have read how dangerous they are. I ask neighbor to kindly get rid of the dog. Neighbor replies NO!! you can move if my dog is a Threat..
    Well to "PROVE" just how "DANGEROUS" the dog is everyday when I get home I tease his dog and then kick the dog in the head, as he is chained outside.
    3 months later when I arrive home dog is preemptive on the strike damned near removes my leg.....Just so I can look the Neighbor in the eye and say I told you the dog was dangerous!!!

To me in my opinion if you negate a safety or try and find ways there of to negate the safety YOU got YOUR COME UPENDS YOUR FAULT... Now if your gun has no safety and you KNOW IT when you PURCHASE it, some go as far as DEMAND IT and you shoot yourself you my friend are in the same boat YOUR CHOICE YOUR COME UPENDS.

Have a nice day
    Taurus is as any other if I maintain Taurus My Taurus will take care of me

Member #
    Liked
    3264 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    Well to "PROVE" just how "DANGEROUS" the dog is everyday when I get home I tease his dog and then kick the dog in the head, as he is chained outside.
    3 months later when I arrive home dog is preemptive on the strike damned near removes my leg.....Just so I can look the Neighbor in the eye and say I told you the dog was dangerous!!!
    I hope this isn't true. If you get attacked by this dog, you deserve it by your same logic on handguns without safeties.

I also own pistols without conventional safeties. Some are striker, and others have the hammer drop type. More than half of my life (57) I've owned a Glock in one flavor or another. Keep your booger hook off the trigger and there are no problems. At the same time there are people that need a safety, but don't use them and tend to be in the majority.

Maloy

Member #
    Liked
    22638 times
    I tend to agree with your sentiment though I think the word you were looking for was comeuppance. there needs to be accountability of a person for their failures in the event of an issue. Smoking while pumping gas and bursting into flames isn't the fault of the gas, the pump or the station. It lies solely on the shoulders of the crispy critter who decided that the smoke was more important.
    GhostHorse and CaptainMorgan like this.
    PT1911 - 45ACP, Pietta 1873 SAA - 45LC, PT709SS slim, Heritage RR 6.5" 22LR/Mag dual cylinders
    1939 Tula 91/30 Nugget, Evil Copper and Black Rifle, Savage B-Mag in 17WSM
    Mossberg 535 12ga
    GPS Coordinates to lake where they all reside. Always wear your life vests kids. Boating accidents DO happen.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    315 times
    The main safety on all equipment is behind your eyes and between your ears!
    CaptainMorgan likes this.
    Shut up and reload!

Member #
    Liked
    275 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    My neighbor has a Pit Bull, I have read how dangerous they are.
    No argument there. One lunged at me the other day, and my hand was on my gun before the owner ripped back on the leash.

Member #
    Liked
    22638 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    No argument there. One lunged at me the other day, and my hand was on my gun before the owner ripped back on the leash.
    Honestly, it's not the Pit that's dangerous for lunging. Pits have a very strong bite force and a tenacity to not let go. all canines will lunge unless trained not to lunge. Look at the typical K9's. They're either a type of shepherd or a malinois but they are trained to lunge on command. They are not dangerous dogs though. they are trained to follow specific commands and react as part of a team.
    CaptainMorgan and Rotorflyr like this.
    PT1911 - 45ACP, Pietta 1873 SAA - 45LC, PT709SS slim, Heritage RR 6.5" 22LR/Mag dual cylinders
    1939 Tula 91/30 Nugget, Evil Copper and Black Rifle, Savage B-Mag in 17WSM
    Mossberg 535 12ga
    GPS Coordinates to lake where they all reside. Always wear your life vests kids. Boating accidents DO happen.

Sponsored Links