Question about Google Chrome
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Question about Google Chrome

Member #
    Liked
    20426 times

Question about Google Chrome

I'll be doing a virtual appt. with a Dr. tomorrow. The instructions say if I'm using a computer, instead of phone, that I must have Chrome installed on the computer. I hate Google. Yes I use some of their stuff. I guess I hate Apple more! Anyway, if I download/install Chrome on my laptop how well can it be uninstalled after I'm done? Or as I'm guessing Google manages to leave a lot of garbage on my computer. Did I mention I really dislike Google!

Oh and this virtual appt? What a load of nonsense! So do I put the computer microphone up to my chest and the Dr. puts the stethoscope up to his computer speaker?! And I have to pay my co-pay for this! Yea I get we are all trying to avoid COVID.

I know wah, wah, wah!

Member #
    Liked
    2845 times
    You should be able to delete it easier than install it- which should be easy.

The wife had to put chrome on hers a couple days ago in order to get into her office (job) mail. She was running windows 10.

Just type google chrome in your search bar- hit enter. You will see a download icon- select that and it will download.
    Once finished, it will give the option to open, run, save- select run. And it will start up.

I would wait til you know for sure yo don't need it again before you delete it.
    It should be easy to delete- but I do not use windows, so I am not sure about how to do that.
    darbo and Divebum like this.
    a.k.a. Higgy Baby

Member #
    Liked
    35672 times
    I have Windows 7 but have to use chrome for most stuff online. You can download it and if you don't set it as your primary browser, it doesn't really get in the way, just use it as needed. To uninstall, you can do that with the add/remove programs in your control panel. I hope your experience with the doc is better than mine has been......I'd keep chrome and uninstall the doctor.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    21429 times
    Maybe you've already done this, but something I would try is to ask Google something along the lines of, "Can I use Acme Doctor Appointment [or whatever the app's name is] on Firefox" (or Edge, or whatever your preferred browser might be). You'll find that this question has probably been asked and answered by people who know what they're talking about (along with the usual trolls who don't know nuthin).

Just a thought, after two cups of coffee and a short stack this morning.
    darbo likes this.
    Every man should own a fine firearm, a fine knife and a fine watch.

Member #
    Liked
    4455 times
    I believe you can download and install it on a thumb drive.
    darbo likes this.
    May 2020 find you safe, happy and healthy!
    Vote for the preservation of our Constitution!
    Keep
    America Great - TRUMP 2020!!!!

Member #
    Liked
    2809 times
    Same as what Kschilk said. I have the same setup.
    darbo likes this.
    Hang together or Hang seperately

Member #
    Liked
    20426 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kschilk View Post
    I have Windows 7 but have to use chrome for most stuff online. You can download it and if you don't set it as your primary browser, it doesn't really get in the way, just use it as needed. To uninstall, you can do that with the add/remove programs in your control panel. I hope your experience with the doc is better than mine has been......I'd keep chrome and uninstall the doctor.
    I can get it downloaded no problem. I was just more curious about it leaving junk behind on my computer after deleting it.

You are right about this Dr. Nice man but I think he has run his course with me. I'll get back to my GP of 35 years and talk a new strategy with him.
    kschilk likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    20426 times
    Thank you everyone for your replies.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33089 times
    I use Chrome because it's faster. Not a little, but much faster than my other browsers. I think all browsers are going to report back to whoever made it, I've not ever heard that Chrome is any better or worse than the others.
    darbo and BigBlue like this.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    1726 times
    I use my browsers and many other programs as "Portable Apps". This is a special installer that installs the programs in such a way to minimize its grasp into your computer, as they are designed to be run off a portable drive (such as a USB drive).

Google Chrome Portable:
    https://portableapps.com/apps/intern...hrome_portable

Disclaimer: As with any program, install at your own risk and I take no responsibility for what you do.
    darbo likes this.
    PT140 | TCP738 | PT809 | M405 | PT840 | PT609 | PT845 | M65 | PT1911 |
    PT24/7 Pro C DS .45 | PT24/7 Pro OSS DS .40 | PT24/7 Pro DS .40 | PT24/7 Pro C DS .40
    Sand Lake 2015 | 2016 | 2017 [pending]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links