Well I didn't want to mow the lawn anyway..!! - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Well I didn't want to mow the lawn anyway..!!

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    32407 times
    I mowed the front yard today. I'll get the back tomorrow. I've been messing with the tractor. Took the box blade off after dragging the road with it. I drag the half mile down to the intersection of another road. There's a guy around the corner there with a maintainer. I ain't draggin' the whole 2 miles with a box blade, especially since there's a guy with a maintainer to take care of the other mile and a half. That mile and a half is still good, though, but starting to get a might rough in spots.

So, yesterday I put the finishing mower on the tractor and today I cut the front. I finally figured out how to take the bucket off the front the easy way. I just took off the bucket and left the lift mechanism, but now I've got the whole shebang off and it was EASY, just had to google the procedure. It's even got its own little built in stand that folds out to hold the thing. Good thing, must weigh 300 lbs, but you use the hydraulics to get it on the stand. The only thing that is a real pain is putting the mower deck on. I think with a few times I can get it down, though. The big problem is the weight of the drive shaft. But, there are techniques to everything on that rig. But, the way that front loader comes off and installs is just slick as snot!

I wanna get some dirt to build up my 100 yard range backstop. I was thinkin' about plowing up some dirt and scooping it up with the front loader, but I think I'll just have 14 yards delivered.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    32407 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ManxTom View Post
    Oh it's not a case of being stopped from mowing, just that the county run recycling centre has closed, due to the virus. In fact every damn thing is closed now. Everyone had been told to stay inside, only shop when necessary, no more than two in a 'group'.. the police will, if they see someone out and about, stop them and ask why they are out. (that's in England). Here on our Island you can now be detained for failing to self-isolate and, if they so desire, you can be fined up to £10,000 or three months in chokey..!!

Man, thank God for patriots like George Washington. Boy, talk about a need for revolution.....
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Isle of Man. Which is GB but NOT UK. Home of the world's biggest motorcycle races
    Liked
    1325 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NativeTexan View Post
    Man, thank God for patriots like George Washington. Boy, talk about a need for revolution.....

Actually it isn't as bad as it sounds. On an Island as small as ours (only about 250 sq miles) with a population of around 82K, of which the greater number are retired and there is a high proportion of school age kids, it makes sense to isolate and what some may feel are drastic measures are needed to 'police' the shallow end of the gene pool..

Well, no complaints from me.... yet.. LOL
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    32407 times
    I don't mind isolating. I did it voluntarily when I bought this place. We are quite isolated. But, I won't stand for totalitarian governments, part of the reason I moved out here. Now, I knew when I moved my days of running a small engine shop were over, but heck, they're all shut down, now.
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    5276 times
    lawn mowing.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    NativeTexan and ManxTom like this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links