Well I didn't want to mow the lawn anyway..!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Well I didn't want to mow the lawn anyway..!!

Member #
    Isle of Man. Which is GB but NOT UK. Home of the world's biggest motorcycle races
    Liked
    1344 times
    Quote Originally Posted by texastaurusguy View Post
    It was 75 here today. Mowed the lawn, I'm not sure how the county could stop you from doing that on your own property. Heck, even though there is a shelter in place order, everybody is still out on the road, going to the grocery store or getting gas or whatever they want, pretty much.
    Oh it's not a case of being stopped from mowing, just that the county run recycling centre has closed, due to the virus. In fact every damn thing is closed now. Everyone had been told to stay inside, only shop when necessary, no more than two in a 'group'.. the police will, if they see someone out and about, stop them and ask why they are out. (that's in England). Here on our Island you can now be detained for failing to self-isolate and, if they so desire, you can be fined up to £10,000 or three months in chokey..!!
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Member #
    Liked
    6966 times
    The grass has not heard we are in a pandemic.

Member #
    Isle of Man. Which is GB but NOT UK. Home of the world's biggest motorcycle races
    Liked
    1344 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chefduane View Post
    Forecast says 87 here in Dallas tomorrow. (That's 30.5C for our resident Manxman). I hope I don't get heatstroke when I mow!

Oooh I do like that 'title'.. Resident Manxman.. superb old boy, superb.
    TrucksNCoffee and chefduane like this.
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1344 times
    Just wondering if they are limiting purchases at Bass Pro and Cabellas?? Do they have special hours for oldies?

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    21438 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ManxTom View Post
    And of course because of all this we Manx have a love of what we call 'Viking Sauce'.. you will know it better as NORSE RADISH..
    That's it!!! You go straight to your room, and don't you come out until supper time!

I am very tempted to call my brother-in-law in Stockholm, and have him put me in contact with a Norse Viking club of some kind . . .
    ManxTom likes this.
    Every man should own a fine firearm, a fine knife and a fine watch.

Member #
    Liked
    1344 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TrucksNCoffee View Post
    That's it!!! You go straight to your room, and don't you come out until supper time!

I am very tempted to call my brother-in-law in Stockholm, and have him put me in contact with a Norse Viking club of some kind . . .
    Yeah.. there's a well known club in Sweden.. I think it's in the Norse West of the country..
    Flash60601 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    36603 times

Norse by Norse Vest
    ManxTom and Flash60601 like this.
    Keeper of The Pledge

GCS d? s+: a+++ C++ UL++++ P+ L++ E W++ N++ o+ K- w
    O M-- V-- PS+++ PE++ Y++ PGP++ t 5++ X- R+ tv+ b++++ DI++++ D+
    G-- e+++ h---- r+++ y+++ PL++++

∀xx ∃xy | xx∇xy > 0

If the Russians hacked Clinton's email then she is guilty of a felony for exposing classified information to a hostile government.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    17778 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chefduane View Post
    I'm mowing the lawn tomorrow. First day it hasn't rained in two weeks. I have a mulching mower that just grinds everything up and deposits it back on the lawn for mulch. A little slow release 15-5-10 fertilizer and some beneficial nematodes and my lawn is lookin' like the 13th green at Augusta!!
    Did mine Tuesday. Trim the hedges, mow and edge. Trim the hedges first because I've got a mulching mower too. No raking required.
    Children, pets, and slaves get taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

When Democracy turns to Tyranny

I still plan to vote.

Member #
    Liked
    6194 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ManxTom View Post
    Just wondering if they are limiting purchases at Bass Pro and Cabellas?? Do they have special hours for oldies?
    Was in Cabela's today and they have decided to lose early (7pm I think) for the next few week. Like other stores they are limiting the amount of people in the store at one time. I had to stand in a que (!) of a few folks (6 feet apart, of course) but the wait was only a few minutes.
    Taurus PT111G2 - Ruger LCPII - Charter U'cover .38 Spc - M'berg Mav88 Pistol - Charles Daly Superior 12g O/U Trap - Rem 870 Exp 12g - Heritage RR .22LR/WMR - Henry Classic Lever .22LR - Marlin 336W .30-30 Lever - Phx HP22LR - NAA .22WMR Mini-Revolver w/ Pocket Clip - GSG 1911-22 - Hi-Point 995TS - H&R Young American .32 Safety Hammer NF (circa 1890)

USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus - CGC Point Evans WPB82376 - MSO LA/LB SaR & Drug Interdiction Response Team

NRA / Tx LTC

Member #
    Liked
    2174 times
    Here in my part of Pure Appalachia, a number of stores, mostly grocery, hardware are holding the "7-9AM for Seniors" hours.
    You must be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be.
    ....................Kurt Vonnegut, in "Mother Night"

All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. . . . . . . . . . . . .. — Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links