Really, is this common?!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Really, is this common?!

Member #
    Liked
    35810 times

Really, is this common?!

I've been out of the medical thing for a long time, haven't even had a prescription filled for about 12 years or so. Less than a week ago and because of this coronavirus thing, the dermatologist I was supposed to see last Friday called and cancelled my appointment. My wife took the call as I was at work. They did give me a prescription for an ointment and she had them phone it in to CVS, which she uses though I prefer Rite Aid. I picked it up Tuesday evening. Today, we got a robocall from CVS asking me to call in for a refill, which I thought was odd as it clearly stated "no refills". I phoned them to see what this was all about and was told that they were offering me a 90-day supply, which again was odd as it's not necessarily for daily use, purely an "as needed" medicine. When I told them it said "no refills" on the label, I was told that they would contact my doctor and request the refill for me. Naturally, I replied that I was perfectly capable of doing such things on my own behalf and their involvement wasn't necessary or requested. Is this a common thing now and really......is it even legal?
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    8511 times
    Yes, Yes,and YES things are so screwed up. You'll probably get 4 refills at two different drug stores. Only sick people are getting seen here in TN they have canceled every appointment we have scheduled . And called in our scripts to the local stores and 90 day mail in. Good luck!!!!
    DeltaBravoKS and kschilk like this.
    When I moved to the south I just didn't bring my things . By the grace of GOD he brought my soul!!"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

PT 1911,pt 24/7 45 C DS, M-85

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    35315 times
    May be common. My wife had a prescription for pain a few weeks ago, which she decided not to take. No refills on it either. She’s gotten a couple of calls from CVS asking if she would like it refilled, and they offer to call her Dr. for her.
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    21704 times
    Yes. In the past, my CVS pharmacy has contacted my doctor and arranged for me to receive 90 day supplies of meds, instead of just 30 days at a time. It may also be that they are concerned that if your doctor renews your prescription, they may not be able to fill it in the future if it comes from China. My experience is that CVS usually knows what it is doing.
    kschilk and WoodyUSSLUCE like this.
    Every man should own a fine firearm, a fine knife and a fine watch.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1819 times
    Pharmacy's taking advantage of the current situation?
    kschilk and daytonaredeye like this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3886 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kschilk View Post
    I've been out of the medical thing for a long time, haven't even had a prescription filled for about 12 years or so. Less than a week ago and because of this coronavirus thing, the dermatologist I was supposed to see last Friday called and cancelled my appointment. My wife took the call as I was at work. They did give me a prescription for an ointment and she had them phone it in to CVS, which she uses though I prefer Rite Aid. I picked it up Tuesday evening. Today, we got a robocall from CVS asking me to call in for a refill, which I thought was odd as it clearly stated "no refills". I phoned them to see what this was all about and was told that they were offering me a 90-day supply, which again was odd as it's not necessarily for daily use, purely an "as needed" medicine. When I told them it said "no refills" on the label, I was told that they would contact my doctor and request the refill for me. Naturally, I replied that I was perfectly capable of doing such things on my own behalf and their involvement wasn't necessary or requested. Is this a common thing now and really......is it even legal?
    CVS needs to sell drugs to stay in business. If a little telemarketing can further that objective, they're gonna do it.
    kschilk likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    6937 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurus1965 View Post
    Pharmacy's taking advantage of the current situation?

Yup, I'm sure you are right. It is a conspiracy!

Don
    kschilk likes this.
    I see gun control as waiting in an ambulance at the bottom of a cliff when we should be building a fence at the top!

Member #
    Liked
    20541 times
    I use the pharmacy at my local Publix. I think it's great for some ongoing meds that I can get a 90 day fill. The only marketing they do is to remind me, by text, that it's time to refill, would I like to do so.

I do know in Fl. the gov recently relaxed the rules on prescriptions so people can get refills sooner. They do the same thing with impending hurricanes.

Member #
    Liked
    35810 times
    Man......goin' to the doctor nowadays is like havin' the mob put a contract out on ya'.
    darbo likes this.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    21704 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kschilk View Post
    Man......goin' to the doctor nowadays is like havin' the mob put a contract out on ya'.
    Yeah, I can understand what you're saying. I also know that there is no other country in this world I'd want to be in, when I need medical care of any kind.
    kschilk and william like this.
    Every man should own a fine firearm, a fine knife and a fine watch.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links