Really, is this common?! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Really, is this common?!

Member #
    Liked
    35144 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TrucksNCoffee View Post
    Yeah, I can understand what you're saying. I also know that there is no other country in this world I'd want to be in, when I need medical care of any kind.
    It's like anything else anymore. Once they get your SSN, you're gonna' get hacked.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

Member #
    Liked
    2780 times
    I have dealt with CVS for the past 4 years. This is very common at the CVS that I use. They prefer filling a 90 day supply and it makes the insurance company's happy also( less paper work for all). CVS is also offering free shipping. They auto refill and will call the Dr. if a prescription is out of refills. I find it very handy.
    bubblehead, kschilk and Rotorflyr like this.
    Hang together or Hang seperately

Member #
    Liked
    456 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberdog1 View Post
    I have dealt with CVS for the past 4 years. This is very common at the CVS that I use. They prefer filling a 90 day supply and it makes the insurance company's happy also( less paper work for all). CVS is also offering free shipping. They auto refill and will call the Dr. if a prescription is out of refills. I find it very handy.
    Same here. the thing I cant stand is if you agree to rapid refill. for a 30 day supply they can fill it after 21 days, then start calling and texting like crazy to "remind you" after several months your have a surplus, plus they have gotten more money sooner... ie every 21 days instead of 30.
    Some times that not a bad thing. I tell them I fell like they are harassing me.
    Aberdog1 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    35144 times
    I can see the convenience end of it, when refills are authorized from the get-go but usually a no-refill note is on there for a reason. Just seemed odd that a third party could get involved with your doctor like that. It's akin to someone bringin' their car to me for an oil change, then havin' the parts store call up and order extra work on the owner's behalf just to sell more parts.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

Member #
    Liked
    2041 times
    Likewise, my local CVS. There is a convenience factor to this for me, as I take a number of different meds. The pharmacy here is staffed by people who recognize me and will go out of their way to make sure I have the meds I need, when I need them. I am now down to two dermatological prescriptions, "as needed", and they text me (around eighty days from last filling) to see if I need refill. If my scrip is about to expire, they will call the Doc to get another If I request them to. Saves me waiting on the call-center hold music for half a day.

I view it as customer consideration and convenience. Yeah, it keeps my business in their store - nothing nefarious about that. They thrash it out with the insurance co and I pay my (small) copay and go my merry way, contented. Now there are some meds that Blue Shield can get me cheaper through their Pharmacy Benefits Mgr (Express Scripts, in St. Louis) on a 90-day refill, so I use them, too. THEY can be a REAL PAIN in the hindquarters to deal with sometimes, which makes my experience at CVS all the sweeter.
    Aberdog1 and kschilk like this.
    You must be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be.
    ....................Kurt Vonnegut, in "Mother Night"

All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. . . . . . . . . . . . .. — Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    22242 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurus1965 View Post
    Pharmacy's taking advantage of the current situation?

BINGO! Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

Prn meds are just that P-R-N which translates to "as needed. And prn meds aren't typically refilled on a monthly basis - many have no refills because if the condition fails to respond to the Med or returns then you need to be re-evaluated.

And, dayum, smokewagon . . .You wife got a prescription for "pain" . . .

The other, oft-forgotten partner in the pharmaceutical business is the health insurance provider. A bunch of them buy commonly used medications by the tens of thousands and warehouse them. They may push 90 day supplies of meds b/c sending the patient a 90 day supply is cheaper than the overhead costs of refilling the Med numerous times.
    kschilk likes this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

The Declaration of Independence states that the sole purpose of government is to secure the inalienable rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. And, if it fails, the people are justified in getting rid of government, not the rights. - Judge Jeanine Pirro

The first lesson in economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson in politics is to forget the first lesson in economics. - Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    OMG! better to get lost
    kschilk likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2419 times
    Where does the paranoia come from? Every pharmacy I know does this, and has for years. Often you get a price break on the drug this way, too. I'm on 90 day fill for all my maintenance meds. Nice to know, in an emergency, that I have a 3 month supply.
    kschilk likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    5658 times
    My pharmacy has been doing this for years.

If I log into my pharmacy website it shows me a list of scripts I've had filled. If I have
    no refills on something I take regularly there is a box to check for them to contact my
    doctor if I need a refill. Saves me the time of contacting them.

Last year I had a root canal. Dentist gave me a round of antibiotics and some pain meds.
    Got a call from the pharmacy about wanting refills. Just told them no. Doc would not
    have refilled them anyway but it would be the pharmacy's time wasted, not mine.

All the Best,
    D. White
    kschilk likes this.
    __________________________________________________ __________
    The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual
    rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand

Member #
    Liked
    6816 times
    I use Costco and they are usually pretty good, only problem is waiting in line to get into the store.
    kschilk likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links