Viruses Back in the 70s
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Viruses Back in the 70s

Member #
    Liked
    18501 times

Viruses Back in the 70s

In the continuing war against viruses, Swine, Sars, Bird and now Corona, do you guys remember having to go and line up and get a vaccine? I went to my school and got one of those needle free shoot it through the skin shots. Seems like it was free too. I probably only remember it cause it hurt. LOL

Wonder if they are going to do something like that this time.
    777Driver and texastaurusguy like this.

Obama: AK-47s are for soldiers.
    Arwine: MAK-90s are for civilians.

This world would be a much better place if people would mind their own business.
    -Me

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    34408 times
    Have they developed a vaccine for the Corona virus?
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Member #
    Liked
    380 times
    It was mandatory back then, but only if you expected to attend school. I don't think homeschooling was quite as common or popular then as it is today, and the antivaxxer hadn't been born. I remember being required to bring a signed statement from a doctor saying I had the required vaccines for my age, or they wouldn't let me register. I also remember my mother telling the school she was 28 every year, all the way up till I was in seventh grade.
    I don’t know what my spirit animal would be, but I’m pretty sure it has rabies.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment does not grant the right to bear arms, that right is inherent. The Second Amendment prohibits the government from infringing upon that right.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    380 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokewagon View Post
    There's a shop out of California that claims they have. They said it took them three hours.
    https://www.foxbusiness.com/technolo...accine-3-hours
    Last edited by Pony; 02-26-2020 at 11:25 AM.
    daytonaredeye likes this.
    I don’t know what my spirit animal would be, but I’m pretty sure it has rabies.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment does not grant the right to bear arms, that right is inherent. The Second Amendment prohibits the government from infringing upon that right.

Member #
    Liked
    23053 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokewagon View Post
    They have, but the clinical trials will take months. It won't happen this year is the estimates I've seen.
    taurustoter likes this.
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Seems we hear about new viruses pretty often

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    22232 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Cariwine View Post
    In the continuing war against viruses, Swine, Sars, Bird and now Corona, do you guys remember having to go and line up and get a vaccine? I went to my school and got one of those needle free shoot it through the skin shots. Seems like it was free too. I probably only remember it cause it hurt. LOL

Wonder if they are going to do something like that this time.
    What school grades back then? I started 1st grade in 1965 and yep, we got a compressed air shot or two. Remember getting my smallpox immunization and then had to wear the small plastic protective cups over them. My poliovirus vaccine was dripped onto a sugar cube which I chewed up with great satisfaction to have avoided a needle.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

The Declaration of Independence states that the sole purpose of government is to secure the inalienable rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. And, if it fails, the people are justified in getting rid of government, not the rights. - Judge Jeanine Pirro

The first lesson in economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson in politics is to forget the first lesson in economics. - Thomas Sowell

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    32502 times
    I remember getting shots at school but I also got them at the doctor as well. I distinctly remember having some childhood disease, may have been measles but I can't remember now, they had my mom take me into a different waiting room for contagious kids.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    636 times
    I vaguely remember an air driven vaccine in school, but I cannot recall what it was for. Probably didn't know at the time - I was just a kid, ya know.

I remember getting a polio sugar cube, and a yearly TB test at school, too.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    32502 times
    I also remember those small pox vaccines that left a scar on your back or arm. You can tell somebody is my age or older by seeing that scar on them.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links