Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: One angry gator.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    47550 times

One angry gator.

Today I was out fishing in a canal that runs through part of the Everglades. Fished there hundreds of times and in similar places like this. Seeing gators is a normal occurrence. They leave me alone and I leave them alone.

I moved down a little from where I was fishing and a gator across the canal slides in the water and heads right toward me. Gets to my side of the canal climbs out, starts hissing and heads right toward me. Never seen one do this and the only time I ever saw one hiss was during nesting season. Pretty sure it is not nesting season right now.

This gator followed me for almost a mile as I made my way back to the car, pretty sure it wanted to eat me. I crossed a lock to get to the other side where my car was figured the gator would be done. Get to my car and put my stuff away and look over at the water and here comes my angry gator swimming toward me under the bridge.

I'll add a photo I took of him shortly.
    bubblehead, kschilk, bigC and 5 others like this.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Member #
    Liked
    1303 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishinkeylargo View Post
    Today I was out fishing in a canal that runs through part of the Everglades. Fished there hundreds of times and in similar places like this. Seeing gators is a normal occurrence. They leave me alone and I leave them alone.

I moved down a little from where I was fishing and a gator across the canal slides in the water and heads right toward me. Gets to my side of the canal climbs out, starts hissing and heads right toward me. Never seen one do this and the only time I ever saw one hiss was during nesting season. Pretty sure it is not nesting season right now.

This gator followed me for almost a mile as I made my way back to the car, pretty sure it wanted to eat me. I crossed a lock to get to the other side where my car was figured the gator would be done. Get to my car and put my stuff away and look over at the water and here comes my angry gator swimming toward me under the bridge.

I'll add a photo I took of him shortly.
    Yikes... Sounds like a sci-fi movie plot

Member #
    Liked
    6208 times
    Wally Gator. He's the meanest alligator in the swamp.
    darbo and gbusmech like this.
    Taurus PT111G2 - Ruger LCPII - Charter U'cover .38 Spc - M'berg Mav88 Pistol - Charles Daly Superior 12g O/U Trap - Rem 870 Exp 12g - Heritage RR .22LR/WMR - Henry Classic Lever .22LR - Marlin 336W .30-30 Lever - Phx HP22LR - NAA .22WMR Mini-Revolver w/ Pocket Clip - GSG 1911-22 - Hi-Point 995TS - H&R Young American .32 Safety Hammer NF (circa 1890)

USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus - CGC Point Evans WPB82376 - MSO LA/LB SaR & Drug Interdiction Response Team

NRA / Tx LTC

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    35683 times
    Stuff like this reminds me why I quit fishin'.
    jtg452 and whichfinger like this.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Member #
    Liked
    3041 times
    That was a guard gator. You got too close to someone's secret fishin spot. The guard gator is sorta like the trunk monkey, but for fishin holes! LoL

*For those not familiar with the trunk monkey*

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bamabowtie; 02-16-2020 at 07:54 PM.
    CJS3, Ickthus and PreacherRodgers like this.
    This is the land of opportunity not entitlement

Member #
    Liked
    23231 times
    Lake Placid...Southern edition...
    bigC, Texheim, jtg452 and 1 others like this.
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

Member #
    Liked
    1325 times
    I'd have me some gator shoes made after that chase....lol

I am a Democrat that love my guns

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    47550 times
    I was fully prepared to fill his head with 23 rounds of .45acp 230 gr jacketed hollow points
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Member #
    Liked
    5052 times
    Wonder if there's a nest though it is early. That's the only time I've ever seen that kind of behavior.

Member #
    Liked
    23231 times
    Too close! Too close!
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links