One angry gator. - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: One angry gator.

Member #
    Liked
    6826 times
    Maybe he like your after shave or something. I am surprised that the gator is still alive.

Member #
    Liked
    2049 times
    If I show THAT post to Mrs. Flash, she'll never go south of Richmond, ever again! Hmmmm.....??
    You must be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be.
    ....................Kurt Vonnegut, in "Mother Night"

All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. . . . . . . . . . . . .. — Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune

Member #
    Liked
    97 times
    Choot em Choot em
    Jake3501 and Ickthus like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    32083 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishinkeylargo View Post
    Florida issues a certain number of tags per year by region. If I remember correctly the do a lottery style drawing. Unused tags get entered into a second drawing. Basically they want X number of gators removed from each area and that is how they accomplish it. Of course it has been a while since I had an interest in this and it could be different now.
    Well, I've lived in gator country in Texas most of my life and have never been interested in gator "hunting". So, I know nothing of the laws that govern such. I've been told if you own land on a creek or bayou, you can get permits and hunt the entire bayou. That's what my hunting buddy told me. No bayous around here, it's all high ground which is a good thing when something like hurricane Harvey hits and dumps 30 inches on you in less that 2 days. I sat on the back porch and shot water moccasins with a 10/22. Great sport!

I didn't make a habit of teal hunting in the Guadalupe Delta. It's too warm and all the gators haven't holed up for the winter. That place is FULL of gators. You can shine your light out over buffalo lake and see lots of eyes staring at you. You can tell the big ones by the space between their eyes. The lake is shallow and you can wade across it...at your own risk. I'm surprised over the last 3 decades since Parks and Wildlife and ducks unlimited developed the place that no one has tangled with one. I peppered one once with number 4 steel. He was intent upon eating one of my decoys. . Several dogs have become gator food. I will NOT take Molly the Wonder Dog out there even though she loves hunting the place. I used to take her after the regular season started and the gators were in hibernation or whatever they do. I will NOT feed MY dog to the gators! I bought a canoe from Bass Pro to get across that lake and used it before I got sick and couldn't hunt anymore.
    Last edited by NativeTexan; 02-18-2020 at 09:08 AM.
    txgocart111g2 likes this.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    30077 times
    Florida panhandle Gators are only aggressive with democrats and their media cohorts...

Attached Images Attached Images  
    NULLI SECUNDUS

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    21267 times
    Much safer here, no gators ( no fish either)

Name:  No Fishing.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  59.3 KB
    kschilk and Stroker like this.
    "Guns are a lot like parachutes ~ If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

The problems we face today are there because the people
    who work for a living are out numbered by the people that vote for a living

"No man who refuses to bear arms can give sound reason why he should be allowed to live in a free country" Teddy Roosevelt

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    22291 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickthus View Post
    Open carry is legal in Florida while huntinng, fishing or camping. I carry my .40 S&W Glock when fishing just for such occasions.
    Any of you gentlemen have a S&W Glock??
    Got two. A G22 and a G23. Got 357 conversion barrels for each and keep the G23 converted for frequent EDC.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

The Declaration of Independence states that the sole purpose of government is to secure the inalienable rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. And, if it fails, the people are justified in getting rid of government, not the rights. - Judge Jeanine Pirro

The first lesson in economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson in politics is to forget the first lesson in economics. - Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    1328 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonaredeye View Post
    Got two. A G22 and a G23. Got 357 conversion barrels for each and keep the G23 converted for frequent EDC.
    I picked up a NIB S&W .40VE at a gun show for $275 with a $50 mail in rebate years ago. I got it to use while kayak fishing. If it got lost or damaged it won't hurt my feelings or wallet. Glock sued S&W over design and won an out of court settlement. Like $$5 a unit sold. Its said to shoot underwater. I got it for gators like this guy. I'll stand my ground or GPS location.
    daytonaredeye likes this.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    22291 times
    If memory serves, the Sdve is the first version they put on the market to compete with GLOCK. And, yep, they pretty much copied the GLOCK design and ended up having to pay royalties. Sad as they had had the M&P line on the market for years (as revolvers) and their M&P auto line is one of the best selling models on the market.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

The Declaration of Independence states that the sole purpose of government is to secure the inalienable rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. And, if it fails, the people are justified in getting rid of government, not the rights. - Judge Jeanine Pirro

The first lesson in economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson in politics is to forget the first lesson in economics. - Thomas Sowell

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    47125 times
    Talked to someone from fish and wildlife last night, they wanted to know exactly where I saw the gator and said next time I should report an incident like that to them immediately. Basically said the gator was most likely fed by people multiple times and now associates people with food and its aggressive behavior makes it dangerous. He was going to go out there today and see if it is still around.
    bigC likes this.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sponsored Links