Two interesting 1962 Rifleman episodes that are possibly relevent to todays issues
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By pegasus
  • 1 Post By Newt

Thread: Two interesting 1962 Rifleman episodes that are possibly relevent to todays issues

Member #
    Liked
    3771 times

Two interesting 1962 Rifleman episodes that are possibly relevent to todays issues

Recently I saw two old B&W TV episodes of The rifleman with Chuck Conners from 1962 where the theme of the shows might seem relevent even today. One of them dealt with children handling his fathers gun despite Lucas telling him he couldn't handle it without permission and another child is unintentionally killed. The boy became hoblophobic, blaming the gun for the death when in fact it was his carelessness that caused the death, not the gun.

The other episode is about gun control. A temporary deputy is in charge while the Sheriff is out of town and he decides on his own to enforce a no guns in town policy. He had an idea that the availability of guns was the cause of gun crime and if he controlled the guns there would be no gun crime. The problem was the only people who obeyed the law and turned in the guns were not the criminals. When a criminal gang found out the town was gun free, they considered it easy pickings and were thankful the deputy made their job easier. Even though they are fictional shows, there's a lot of truth in their basic premise, even today.

If someone has never seen the episodes and is looking for something to watch anyway, they are available for free online.

The riflemen episode Gun shy

the rifleman The anvil Chorus
    Desperado and rodfair like this.

Member #
    Liked
    144 times
    I mostly watch older shows on TV because the new shows are not relevant to real life. In some of the promo clips of the Rifleman, they reverse the clip showing the rifle with a gate on the left side of the rifle.
    rodfair likes this.
    2nd Amendment Patriot.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links