back to work
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: back to work

Member #
    Liked
    8751 times

back to work

I had a full knee replacement on 15 nov and I am going back to work tomorrow 23 jan the I work sat sun mon and tuesday (back on the rotating shift) it will be interesting to see what the engineers have changed since I have been out. I work on a very high tech Radar syatem were we are both operational and research and development se we get a lot of changes to test out before they are sent to the other 2 radar sites.
    ManxTom, bigC, bobbojama and 7 others like this.
    avatar is VA-34 Blue Blasters squadron insignia one of the many I wore from 1977-1998

Member #
    Isle of Man. Which is GB but NOT UK. Home of the world's biggest motorcycle races
    Liked
    492 times
    Good luck. Not had major surgery like you have, but I was out of action for over a year after being diagnosed with Leukaemia. A total of six months and two days in hospital during which I had four courses of chemo therapy, and something like eight months recovery after I was discharged. Total remission now but there is a little 'thing' called Chemo Fatigue that will be with me for the rest of my life.. it's a total pain in the ass but I try not to let it get in the way of anything I want to do.. Hope your return to work is smooth and event free.
    Last edited by william; 01-23-2020 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Rule # 2 (Please read them)
    rodfair likes this.
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Member #
    Liked
    2300 times
    Have a good blessed day!
    Adam blamed Eve, Eve blamed the snake, The snake didn't have a leg to stand on.

Opportunity may knock ounce, but temptation leans on the doorbell.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46825 times
    Glad you are getting back to work.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Member #
    Liked
    4370 times
    Glad your knee replacement worked out. Be careful and safe!
    May 2020 find you safe, happy and healthy!
    Vote for the preservation of our Constitution!
    Keep
    America Great - TRUMP 2020!!!!

Member #
    Liked
    9500 times
    I am glad to hear that you are doing good enough to go back to work. Hopefully all the changes that they made while you were gone will be good ones !
    "This is not a world in which one can turn the other cheek. Doing so does not avoid violence, but rather encourages it. The bad guys threaten, but they do not seem to want to get hurt. They should be taught that their presumed victim is more dangerous than they are. This is not a matter of weapons, but of will."

- Jeff Cooper, April 2005

Member #
    Liked
    9405 times
    As an aircraft mechanic I think you should use your new knee
    to kick an engineer.

Otherwise glad to hear you are back in service.
    Czechbikr and silverstring like this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3235 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vaskeet View Post
    I had a full knee replacement on 15 nov and I am going back to work tomorrow 23 jan the I work sat sun mon and tuesday (back on the rotating shift) it will be interesting to see what the engineers have changed since I have been out. I work on a very high tech Radar syatem were we are both operational and research and development se we get a lot of changes to test out before they are sent to the other 2 radar sites.
    Wow, hope all goes well. My dad had both knees replaced quite few years ago (15+) and his job kept him on his feet (walking) all day long. He was able to go back without any issues and is still not having any knee problems. Ease in to it and you should be just fine.

We NEED you to get back to work. The elderly guys on here need you (and I) to make their Social Security payments!

Member #
    Liked
    128 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ManxTom View Post
    Good luck. Not had major surgery like you have, but I was out of action for over a year after being diagnosed with Leukaemia. A total of six months and two days in hospital during which I had four courses of chemo therapy, and something like eight months recovery after I was discharged. Total remission now but there is a little 'thing' called Chemo Fatigue that will be with me for the rest of my life.. it's a total pain in the ass but I try not to let it get in the way of anything I want to do.. Hope your return to work is smooth and event free.
    Thankfully you are in remission and hopefully you can build up strength to over come the C Fatigue. Not long ago that terrible disease lead to a painful end. Godspeed.

Member #
    Liked
    128 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vaskeet View Post
    How do you feel with your new hardware? Did it alter your gait? Are you pain free? Have you been active enough to endure the rigors of a work week without getting exhausted?
    I hope all goes well for you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links