Life without pay television...
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Life without pay television...

Member #
    Liked
    220 times

Life without pay television...

...is so much better. Who else has dumped pay TV?

It's going on one year since we cut the cable and not once have either my wife or I regretted it. Never really thought about the savings until my wife mentioned it yesterday. Over $1700 and we never watched it that much anyway, what a waste of money. I installed an antenna ($25) on the house about the same time and am amazed at the number of channels that come in and some of the great old programs that are on. Tonight we were watching the Ed Sullivan Show from 1969 and the Jackson 5. Hard to believe such a talented Michael Jackson got so screwed up and died so young. Tomorrow night's show has on the Animals. Can't wait to watch the episodes with the Beatles, Elvis, the Doors and the Stones. Life back then was so simple and such a great time to be alive.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Member #
    Liked
    8144 times
    Dumped cable TV years ago, now only have internet and phone through the cable company. Just could not see paying for channels I did not watch (CNN, ESPN, PMSNBC, others), however, I did appreciate the clear signal on many channels. Eventually, I found my TV watching going down to just a few channels, and those came through clear on an antenna. Saved quite a bit by dropping cable TV.
    funflyer, RonPT24/7 and kozmo2k4 like this.
    "Our indulgence wore out with you A LONG time ago".
    - Rep. Jim Jordan to Rep. Adam Schiff about the "Impeachment Inquiry"

As has that of the majority of Americans.

Member #
    Liked
    9417 times
    Into my third year without cable - antenna only. Do have Prime & NetFlix. Enjoying the money saved and pissing off on other wasteful things. Also dropped Vonage VoIP today and changed to magicJack GO VoIP for about 10x cheaper than Vonage.
    funflyer likes this.
    (1) PT709 SS; (1) PT709FS; PT740 SS; PT140B Mil G2 Rec'd. 2/16/16; PT140 SS G2 Rec'd 9/14/16; PT111 SS Mil Pro Repaired Rec'd. 9/9/16
    PT24/7 PRO DS SS 9mm; PT24/7 Blk. CA .40S&W; PT24/7 PRO LS DS SS .40S&W; Remington R51 G2 9MM
    PT92B-AF; PT92-AFS Tu-Tone; PT99B-AF; PT99-AFS; (2) PT100AFS; TRACKER M992B - 6.5" ;.M992SS - 4" .22LR/.22Mag; M17SS - 6.5" .17HMR
    S&W SD9VE SS; Sigma SW9VE SS; SD40VE SS; Sigma SW40VE SS; M&P40C Blk. SS; (1)TISAS Zigana Sport Two-Tone and (1) all Black; Texas CHL

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1027 times
    Don't have cable T.V., i I can find anything I want to watch online or through free channels over the air/internet.
    I don't miss out on anything.
    funflyer likes this.
    To the gun grabbers:
    What kind of malicious intent do You have towards Me that makes You fear the fact that I may have a firearm.

Member #
    Liked
    1929 times
    we cut the cabl two and a half years ag ad haven't looked back.

The breathess interrution every five minutes from ne of the talking heads with "BREAKING NEWS" that we have heqrd regurgitated in endless variety and endlessly for the past day-and-a-half just got to us.

The decision was easy.
    funflyer likes this.
    You must be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be.
    ....................Kurt Vonnegut, in "Mother Night"

All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. . . . . . . . . . . . .. — Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune

Member #
    Liked
    2613 times
    I cut the cable last month. Still have the net.
    Most all I ever watch is through a streamer anyway....neither cable nor satellite are worth the money.
    funflyer likes this.
    a.k.a. Higgy Baby

Member #
    Liked
    625 times
    We cut the cord a couple of months ago. The money saved has been going into home upgrades not seen on HGTV. Pretty worthwhile if you ask me.
    funflyer and brojohn like this.

Member #
    Liked
    5202 times
    I dropped Cable TV about 3 years ago.
    It priced itself out of my price range.
    It was costing me $100 month for 90 minutes of TV a week.
    Now just watch reruns on ROKU. It comes through on my internet free.
    I don't get the pay channels now or before when I had cable tv.
    funflyer likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    9500 times
    I dropped satellite TV a couple of years ago and don't miss it a bit ! It was way overpriced !
    funflyer likes this.
    "This is not a world in which one can turn the other cheek. Doing so does not avoid violence, but rather encourages it. The bad guys threaten, but they do not seem to want to get hurt. They should be taught that their presumed victim is more dangerous than they are. This is not a matter of weapons, but of will."

- Jeff Cooper, April 2005

Member #
    Liked
    220 times
    It's sad that satellite companies won't give you a better deal on their service to keep you as a customer, but as soon as you drop them they call and send better offers continuously.
    WoodyUSSLUCE and Desperado like this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links