Life without pay television... - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Life without pay television...

Member #
    Liked
    196 times
    We're retired and we're keeping our satellite TV. If we ever get short on money we might think about dropping it but in the meantime we're keeping it. There's quite a bit of stuff that we watch on it.

We enjoy the History Channels, The Smithsonian Channel, The Southeastern Conference College Sports Channel, AHC Channel, and ME TV that has a lot of old shows like the Twilight Zone, Perry Mason and Alfred Hitchcock. We also enjoy the ESPN channels for college sports and boxing (no pro football, basketball or baseball). We like all the animal channels too and the weather channels. So for us it's worth the money.

Speaking of antennas on the roof. I can still remember my dad climbing on the roof to adjust the reception and he and my mom hollering back and forth. "Turn it just a little more, no that's to far" Dad would holler out "what did you say" Mom would yell louder turn it a little more to your left". Dad would still be hollering "what did you say". Then they'd decide they need a middle man to translate which would be me standing at the open door hollering up and relaying mom's instructions to dad and then relaying dad's cursing back to mom without the curse words.
    Last edited by Rook49; 01-22-2020 at 10:18 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    3542 times
    Wife dropped DirectTV when she realized she could get the same channels she watched elsewhere. $250/mo back into the budget, and she doesn't miss it.
    WoodyUSSLUCE likes this.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."--Optimus Prime

œολὼν λαβέ (Molon labe), “Come and get them!”

Member #
    Liked
    269 times
    We don’t have television at all, cable or otherwise. Watch movies, tv series on Netflix and Amazon Prime. Hate the fact that by doing so, we are supporting left wing corporations, but for us the only game in town. I wish there was a conservative media company would begin streaming the type of shows we would like to watch.
    Lomax, funflyer and Desperado like this.
    "Some people wonder all their lives, if they have made a difference. Marines don't have that problem".
    Ronald Reagan

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    8976 times
    Never had pay T.V. and use a inside antenna. We do have internet and are just fine with that.

Member #
    Liked
    19914 times
    I cut the cable about 3 years ago. Cancelled Netflix about 1 year ago. If I want to watch something I use a Roku box, otherwise the TV almost never gets used any more.

Member #
    Liked
    165 times
    Turned our cable off 2 years ago and don't miss any of it, especially the $130 a month bill, we have internet and watch roku and prime, and I splurged and added ESPN+ to the roku so I can see some boxing, college sports, soccer and mixed martial arts. I haven't watched a NFL, NBA, baseball or Nascar in years since there has been so much rule changes, cheating, and whining of over paid millionaire's.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    1891 times
    Dumped pay TV in 1995 and never looked back. No idea how much I've saved and still managed to blow on other things.
    Wealth is earned by the penny but squandered by the dollar.

Never criticize a dumb question because you've probably asked your fair share. But more important to remember, it's much easier to correct a dumb question than it is to correct a dumb mistake.

Other people’s opinions are not a substitute for thought.

People won't remember what you say and people won't remember what you do. What people will remember is how you made them feel.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46805 times
    Add me to the list. I cut the cable around March of 2017, figured at some point I would join Sling or something similar. Never did. Don't miss paying for programming at all. I find legal ways to watch the things I want to watch through streaming for free.

I have an antenna that worked great for local channels up until a little over 2 years ago. After Hurricane Irma I lost all my channels except for a few Spanish channels that are broadcast from closer by. I was on the fringe of how far the signals reach, for some reason after he hurricane the signals quit reaching this far.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Member #
    Liked
    18446 times
    We cut the cord 5 years ago. Got a Roku box. I watch mainly youtube and netflix. We also have hulu, amazon and disney. But I pay for youtube so I don't have to watch the commercials.

Obama: AK-47s are for soldiers.
    Arwine: MAK-90s are for civilians.

This world would be a much better place if people would mind their own business.
    -Me

Member #
    Liked
    4361 times
    We finally dumped cable TV in November.. We get about 20 channels over local antenna and radio stations through the TV.. Waste less time watching nothing...
    May 2020 find you safe, happy and healthy!
    Vote for the preservation of our Constitution!
    Keep
    America Great - TRUMP 2020!!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links