• 1 Post By justlexi93
  • 1 Post By Flash60601
  • 2 Post By kschilk

Thread: River Monsters

Member #
    Liked
    263 times

River Monsters

I just love watching this show. I get to listening to this Jeremy Wade guy and I get mesmerized by his talking. He does such extreme research on the fish hes hunting. Then he pulls in a monster now and then.
    Anyone else like him?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    4883 times
    Fun to watch. Some of those fish are beast. They're as deadly as a big game hunt.
    shaner likes this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7797 times
    He has the most relaxing voice. I enjoy watching the show but if it comes on late at night and the wife lets me watch it...I just may fall unconscious...
    shaner likes this.
    "To anger Conservatives, lie to them. To anger liberal, tell them the truth."
    -Fine! I said it! You happy, Troll!
    ...Snopes provides no evidence to the contrary

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    34710 times
    I've watched a few episodes here and there, it can be interesting but there were a few that came out a lot like Giraldo's Al Capone's Vault thing. Still, the water is mysterious and I'm always intrigued by the unknown. I've lived most of my life practically right on the banks of the Allegheny River so I've done a good bit of worm drowning in it. I've heard stories from others over the years and even I, have had my line snapped or had to cut it more times than I could count and mind you, we're talkin' no less than 40# test line. I know there are things in that river that are far bigger than anything that's supposed to be in that river. I've had ahold of things that I never found out what they were but definitely knew what they weren't, which means it was nothing common to this river...supposedly.

According to the Cornplanter tribe that inhabited this area before the oil boom, the river used to be full of sturgeon but the experts claim that they had become extinct over the years. To my knowledge, none have been caught locally in my lifetime but I have a suspicion some of the "one that got away" fish stories attributed to enormous carp, were likely sturgeon. It'd be cool if that guy'd come here and see if there truly are some left. I'm bettin' they're still in there.
    Yissnakk and shaner like this.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46825 times
    I like the show, however I gave up watching TV for the most part many years ago. Don't get to see the show often anymore. Kind of surprised it is still on, seems like it has been on a long time now.
    shaner likes this.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    17361 times
    He had a couple of seasons, then was off the air for a while. When the series came back on, it was a "best of". I watched a few episodes, but lost interest. It's nice to know he's back.
    shaner likes this.
    Children, pets, and slaves get taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

When Democracy turns to Tyranny

I still plan to vote.

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Jeremy Wade is such a great host, I have watched these series two years ago and I must say that it is a good documentary.
    shaner likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1927 times
    TV? T V ??? The first time fishig in Texas, this Yankee lad reeled in an ALLIGATOR GAR, havig no ideaa what this thig was. I was every bit of three feet long from snout to tail, and I dragged it onto the bank and had a hissy-fit, all of my own. Right there!

Then, I got dow to Chattahoochee, FL and watched a felllow drag out a six-foot cafish frm below the Jim Woodruff Dam, and he said "That's kinda small. I've got some a foot or more loger ad forty pouds heavier from here." OKeh!
    kschilk likes this.
    You must be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be.
    ....................Kurt Vonnegut, in "Mother Night"

All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. . . . . . . . . . . . .. — Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune

Member #
    Liked
    34710 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash60601 View Post
    TV? T V ??? The first time fishig in Texas, this Yankee lad reeled in an ALLIGATOR GAR, havig no ideaa what this thig was. I was every bit of three feet long from snout to tail, and I dragged it onto the bank and had a hissy-fit, all of my own. Right there!

Then, I got dow to Chattahoochee, FL and watched a felllow drag out a six-foot cafish frm below the Jim Woodruff Dam, and he said "That's kinda small. I've got some a foot or more loger ad forty pouds heavier from here." OKeh!
    The monsters come out at night......you fish for bait in the daytime.
    shaner and Flash60601 like this.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

Sponsored Links