Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Space Station.........

Member #
    Liked
    3028 times

Space Station.........

Anyone see it fly over?

We get the alert from news site and ran out to see it- it was fast.
    a.k.a. Higgy Baby

Member #
    Liked
    36407 times
    Quote Originally Posted by brojohn View Post
    Anyone see it fly over?

We get the alert from news site and ran out to see it- it was fast.
    Solid clouds here, no point in even lookin' up. I've seen it before...:unusre:...or maybe that was MIR but yeah, everything up there seems to really haul butt. Isn't an average low orbit speed something like 17,000 mph?
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Lifetime member of FOOTSS (Fraternal Order Of The Sore Shoulder).

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    22297 times
    I used to have an app on my smartphone that would tell me when it was going to be visible, and from which direction it would approach and which way it would depart. I used to run out and wave at them now'n then, until I used my binoculars one time and saw one of the astronauts holding a sign in a window that read, "Send pizza." I felt so bad for them, I removed the app and haven't looked for 'em since.
    Every man should own a fine firearm, a fine knife and a fine watch.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46702 times
    Considering that it's 15 degrees out, I'll wait a few months...I would love to track it however. Thanks for the link.
    brojohn likes this.
    “Historically, freedom is a rare and fragile thing . . . Freedom has cost the blood of millions in obscure places and in historic sites ranging from Gettysburg to the Gulag Archipelago . . .That something that cost so much in human lives should be surrendered piecemeal in exchange for visions and rhetoric seems grotesque. Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their ‘betters’.” Thomas Sowell

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    47745 times
    I get email alerts the day before every flyover for my area. we have gone out multiple times to watch it. Best view was 6 minutes when it was being followed by ship the send up to refuel it. The refuel ship was very faint and hard to see but you could see it. Helps that we are in a very low light pollution area.
    Jake3501 likes this.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Member #
    Liked
    1315 times
    Back when I was a scout leader we would see it zoom by (we picked many remote spots to camp with as little light pollution as possible) Couple other dads that always went along were engineers for Collins and knew where and when to look
    BigBlue likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    435 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TrucksNCoffee View Post
    I used to have an app on my smartphone that would tell me when it was going to be visible, and from which direction it would approach and which way it would depart. I used to run out and wave at them now'n then, until I used my binoculars one time and saw one of the astronauts holding a sign in a window that read, "Send pizza." I felt so bad for them, I removed the app and haven't looked for 'em since.
    The astronauts sign said send beer when I saw him
    Czechbikr likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    36407 times
    ...it might be easier to see if it had one of those long ATV flags on the back.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46702 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Phreddie30.06 View Post
    The astronauts sign said send beer when I saw him
    I'll bet DoorDash gets a premium for delivery there.
    TrucksNCoffee likes this.
    “Historically, freedom is a rare and fragile thing . . . Freedom has cost the blood of millions in obscure places and in historic sites ranging from Gettysburg to the Gulag Archipelago . . .That something that cost so much in human lives should be surrendered piecemeal in exchange for visions and rhetoric seems grotesque. Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their ‘betters’.” Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    36407 times
    Beer in space......that'd change things a bit. With the weightlessness, you couldn't get fall-down-drunk......best you could shoot for is float-around-drunk.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links