Space Station......... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Space Station.........

Member #
    Liked
    6723 times
    They say that it make a complete orbit every 90 minutes. That has to be really moving. Went to the Houston facility day after Christmas and I do believe they said that the Space Station was traveling about 1700 miles an hour.

Member #
    Liked
    264 times
    I have been watching it for a couple years. Seen it go over many times. I used to keep one computer monitor up with live streaming
    images from the space station. That site has not worked well for a while now.

Member #
    Liked
    2204 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kschilk View Post
    Beer in space......that'd change things a bit. With the weightlessness, you couldn't get fall-down-drunk......best you could shoot for is float-around-drunk.
    And now I have a new life's goal...
    kschilk and Phreddie30.06 like this.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid."

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    5681 times
    Inspired by this thread, my wife and I watched it as it crossed over Texas this evening. It was visible from 7:09p until about 7:15p traveling from WNW to N. Still an amazing site. And, as they add more and more modules to it, it becomes more visible and brighter.

"To Infinity and Beyond!!" - Buzz Lightyear
    Fishinkeylargo likes this.
    Taurus PT111G2 - Ruger LCPII - Charter U'cover .38 Spc - M'berg Mav88 Pistol - M'berg 715T - Charles Daly Superior 12g O/U Trap - Rem 870 Exp 12g - Heritage RR .22LR/WMR - Henry Classic Lever .22LR - Marlin 336W .30-30 Lever - Phx HP22LR - NAA .22WMR Mini-Revolver w/ Pocket Clip - GSG 1911-22 - Hi-Point 995TS - H&R Young American .32 Safety Hammer NF (circa 1890)

USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus - CGC Point Evans WPB82376 - MSO LA/LB SaR & Drug Interdiction Response Team

NRA / Tx LTC

Member #
    Liked
    7726 times
    I use to keep up with it all the time and i have imaged it many times . There’s a website www.heavens-above.com that i always used to track it . If you know the night sky and can follow star maps you can easily see where it comes from and see it until it goes back into earths shadow and disappears . Really good info sight .
    RonLPT24/7

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    17318 times
    I go out and watch whenever the skies are clear. I have the Sky View app on my phone, and was using it last night when the station passed over the Houston area. I was looking at Mercury, Saturn and Jupiter, when the Hubble Telescope passed over just above the horizon. I didn't know that the app would also show satellites like the Hubble, only the ISS.
    Children, pets, and slaves get taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

When Democracy turns to Tyranny

I still plan to vote.

Member #
    Liked
    5681 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CJS3 View Post
    I go out and watch whenever the skies are clear. I have the Sky View app on my phone, and was using it last night when the station passed over the Houston area. I was looking at Mercury, Saturn and Jupiter, when the Hubble Telescope passed over just above the horizon. I didn't know that the app would also show satellites like the Hubble, only the ISS.
    Sometimes if you look closely you can even see the rings around Uranus.

(Sorry, had to do it. Probably a thread closer.)
    Taurus PT111G2 - Ruger LCPII - Charter U'cover .38 Spc - M'berg Mav88 Pistol - M'berg 715T - Charles Daly Superior 12g O/U Trap - Rem 870 Exp 12g - Heritage RR .22LR/WMR - Henry Classic Lever .22LR - Marlin 336W .30-30 Lever - Phx HP22LR - NAA .22WMR Mini-Revolver w/ Pocket Clip - GSG 1911-22 - Hi-Point 995TS - H&R Young American .32 Safety Hammer NF (circa 1890)

USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus - CGC Point Evans WPB82376 - MSO LA/LB SaR & Drug Interdiction Response Team

NRA / Tx LTC

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    17318 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chefduane View Post
    Sometimes if you look closely you can even see the rings around Uranus.

(Sorry, had to do it. Probably a thread closer.)
    From Redd Fox;

"My wife is always asking for something. One time she asked, "Fox when am I going to get a ring". I said "as soon as I get outta this tub."
    chefduane likes this.
    Children, pets, and slaves get taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

When Democracy turns to Tyranny

I still plan to vote.

Member #
    Liked
    7726 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CJS3 View Post

What app was you using ? Just curious cause from where i live the only planet visible is Venus which is high and very bright in the west going down after dark . Everything else has gone down below the horizon after dark .
    RonLPT24/7

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links