Who Ya Got? The Tigers ..or the Tigers? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Who Ya Got? The Tigers ..or the Tigers?

Member #
    Liked
    8816 times
    Clemson as long as they can keep it close in the 1st half I think they will wear LSU starters down in the last half Clemson rotates players more than most teams
    avatar is VA-34 Blue Blasters squadron insignia one of the many I wore from 1977-1998

Member #
    Liked
    36662 times
    Detroit Tigers, yay!
    Keeper of The Pledge

GCS d? s+: a+++ C++ UL++++ P+ L++ E W++ N++ o+ K- w
    O M-- V-- PS+++ PE++ Y++ PGP++ t 5++ X- R+ tv+ b++++ DI++++ D+
    G-- e+++ h---- r+++ y+++ PL++++

∀xx ∃xy | xx∇xy > 0

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    23405 times
    LSU bay-bee! SEC all the way. I picked LSU before the game started but also picked under on the over/under of 66. They're at 67 now and will likely climb higher. LSU was just a 7 point favorite but currently 42-25. I really thought it would be defensive battle both ways. But, Burrow is being Burrow. Also, Clemson is taking it on the chin after losing their defensive leader for targeting.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

"To own firearms is to affirm that freedom is not a gift from government...As the Founding Fathers knew well, a government that does not trust its honest, law-abiding, taxpaying citizens with the means of self-defense is not itself worthy of trust."

The possession of arms by the people is the ultimate warrant that government governs only with the consent of the governed.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    6289 times
    LSU. SEC. Thus endeth the lesson.
    jtg452 likes this.
    There is no greater protection against evil on the rampage than a loaded weapon in the hands of a free man.

Member #
    Liked
    8816 times
    congrats LSU but I am predicting that Clemson will be back next year!!!!!!!!
    Czechbikr likes this.
    avatar is VA-34 Blue Blasters squadron insignia one of the many I wore from 1977-1998

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    45508 times
    I couldn't make it through the longest game I've seen in my life. The targeting call was weak IMO, with the helmet making a glancing blow which to me signals a lack of intent to injure. It is foot ball, right? The the point that I quit was the completed pass by Clemson which would have brought them to with seven IIRC. LSU initiated contact grabbing the jersey and the receiver fought back, making the catch. It may have been a different outcome without those two key officiating items...call and non-call.
    “Historically, freedom is a rare and fragile thing . . . Freedom has cost the blood of millions in obscure places and in historic sites ranging from Gettysburg to the Gulag Archipelago . . .That something that cost so much in human lives should be surrendered piecemeal in exchange for visions and rhetoric seems grotesque. Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their ‘betters’.” Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    8403 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Czechbikr View Post
    I couldn't make it through the longest game I've seen in my life. The targeting call was weak IMO, with the helmet making a glancing blow which to me signals a lack of intent to injure. It is foot ball, right? The the point that I quit was the completed pass by Clemson which would have brought them to with seven IIRC. LSU initiated contact grabbing the jersey and the receiver fought back, making the catch. It may have been a different outcome without those two key officiating items...call and non-call.
    The targeting call was legit. You can't spear and never have been allowed to- so don't lead with the crown of the helmet. He did and got to take a shower early because of it. There's playing hard and then there's trying to hurt folks. He was riding that thin line between the two for the whole 2nd half.

The refs were letting the DB's and wideouts hand fight and push off too much for the whole game. I noticed it and formed that opinion on the opening drives of both teams. It was just a matter of time before something happened well up the field that resulted in changing a key play.
    chefduane likes this.
    Student of the ancient Chinese art of Bang Pow.

Gun Shui adviser

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant" (1933)

Make 2020 the year of MABA- Make Alex Bartend Again.

Member #
    Liked
    6289 times
    Targeting/Spearing is exactly what it was. Leading and hitting with the crown of the helmet. Doesn't have to be to the head. Totally legit call IMHO. Some calls could have gone either way but it all evens out in the end. That's why they play the game.
    There is no greater protection against evil on the rampage than a loaded weapon in the hands of a free man.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    23405 times
    Agree with the targeting foul. Clemson's MLB (can't recall name now) was spearing all night. He is the one who tore Burreaux's rib cartilage loose from his ribs with the backfield hit as Joe unleashed the TD pass just before half ended. Hard hitting has always been part of football but never got called. The targeting foul/DQ has been one of the most significant rules changes of the past decade and has been good for football. Not convinced? Think Jack "the assassin" Tatum's hit on Daryl Stingley which left Stingley "Quaded out". I was at the UGA vs Auburn game the night UGA wide receiver Reggie Brown went up for a pass over the middle and Auburn's safety hit him helmet to helmet and Brown lay lifeless on the ground for ~ 5 minutes. Everyone in the stadium and watching from home thought he was dead. It wasn't a penalty back then but has been one of the better additions to the game. And who can forget the dreaded '70s era Steelers' MLB Jack Lambert? Spearing was his specialty and his personal goal was to take his targets out of the game. Tackling the QB by "going low" is one of the more ridiculous foul changes - back in my football influenced days about the best way to tackle was to wrap up your opponent around the legs. Overall, I think football - at both the collegiate and NFL level - still calls too many fouls and needs to be more tolerant of incidental contact. Especially since replay, while good for the game overall, adds a lot of dead air time to games. But, then again, an uncalled defensive PI can change the outcome of a game.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

"To own firearms is to affirm that freedom is not a gift from government...As the Founding Fathers knew well, a government that does not trust its honest, law-abiding, taxpaying citizens with the means of self-defense is not itself worthy of trust."

The possession of arms by the people is the ultimate warrant that government governs only with the consent of the governed.

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    32626 times
    Sports? Big time yawn. I couldn't care less.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links