Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Fiat Chrysler will move Ram production to Michigan from Mexico

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    45507 times

Fiat Chrysler will move Ram production to Michigan from Mexico

“Historically, freedom is a rare and fragile thing . . . Freedom has cost the blood of millions in obscure places and in historic sites ranging from Gettysburg to the Gulag Archipelago . . .That something that cost so much in human lives should be surrendered piecemeal in exchange for visions and rhetoric seems grotesque. Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their ‘betters’.” Thomas Sowell

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3927 times
    I wonder what this will do for quality as well. I had a friend that was involved in the supply chain for Beechcraft. Quite a few years ago they sent some parts manufacturing to Mexico. Everything that came back had to be reworked. You can write all the specifications and manuals that you want, but you can't "teach" work ethic.
    daytonaredeye likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    884 times
    Muy bueno!
    Czechbikr likes this.
    The Christian Faith: We are not called to solve the Mystery, but to enter into it. Ephesians 3

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    8389 times
    I think this has more to do with "quality control" than anything else.

Have a friend that worked for years as a heavy duty truck mechanic. He was telling me about how International big rig quality went to heck when they started building vehicles in Mexico. He mentioned their main problem being electrical wiring problems and electronic control problems with the HVAC system that were expensive to repair. Probably the reason Fiatsler is moving assembly back to the USA.
    shaner likes this.
    Electing Joe Biden as President will be similar to going bear hunting at night with just a pair of chop sticks and a lit candle. You know it is a bad idea from the outset, you can not defend yourself, you are ill prepared for what can and maybe will happen, and you question why you even thought it would be a good idea in the first place.

Member #
    Liked
    8402 times
    During the 90s, Lockheed Martin moved all their electrical wiring harness production from a state of the art electrical manufacturing area to a new wiring harness factory, that Lockheed built, in Mexico. They laid off or transferred the experienced employees and turned their manufacturing area into office space for the UAE representatives. Immediately, we started receiving harnesses that were so screwed up they had to be scrapped. This continued for several weeks until Lockheed opened a new Wiring Harness Repair department. Millions was lost because of this "cost reduction" decision. Mexican labor is great for farming and digging ditches, but otherwise they suck.

Member #
    Liked
    229 times
    Maybe now I can buy that new truck
    777Driver likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    7985 times
    If you gave me a new Dodge truck I would sell it.

Gonna take a long road to turn it around.Friend has a newer Dodge Ram 2500 and is on recall number 16 I believe.
    Vengeance is mine sayeth the .45

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3927 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cassrh View Post
    During the 90s, Lockheed Martin moved all their electrical wiring harness production from a state of the art electrical manufacturing area to a new wiring harness factory, that Lockheed built, in Mexico. They laid off or transferred the experienced employees and turned their manufacturing area into office space for the UAE representatives. Immediately, we started receiving harnesses that were so screwed up they had to be scrapped. This continued for several weeks until Lockheed opened a new Wiring Harness Repair department. Millions was lost because of this "cost reduction" decision. Mexican labor is great for farming and digging ditches, but otherwise they suck.
    I was with a fortune 500 company that outsourced me an all the IT work to another fortune 500 company with a large development staff in India. They replaced 6 Americans (the youngest with 24 years of experience) with 15 Indians. None of the Indians ever produced a thing. They were clueless and didn't really care. The company lost millions before I left and, presumably, still haven't saved a dime and they've lost all their experienced software developers. Idiocy, but hey, it's their money!

Oh yeah, my wife's 2014 Jeep has been recalled about a dozen times. It runs okay, but it's still basically an old Dodge.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    45507 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroker View Post
    If you gave me a new Dodge truck I would sell it.

Gonna take a long road to turn it around.Friend has a newer Dodge Ram 2500 and is on recall number 16 I believe.
    2015 Durango...60,000 trouble free miles.
    “Historically, freedom is a rare and fragile thing . . . Freedom has cost the blood of millions in obscure places and in historic sites ranging from Gettysburg to the Gulag Archipelago . . .That something that cost so much in human lives should be surrendered piecemeal in exchange for visions and rhetoric seems grotesque. Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their ‘betters’.” Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    146 times
    This was a CNN article? Something is missing or I missed something.
    2nd Amendment Patriot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links