Have you ever considered vehicle regression? - Page 3
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree309Likes

Thread: Have you ever considered vehicle regression?

Member #
    Liked
    9386 times
    I would love to have an old Chevy step side with 3 on the tree.

Dad had one when I was a kid.

Member #
    Liked
    7612 times
    Quote Originally Posted by airwrench View Post
    I would love to have an old Chevy step side with 3 on the tree.

Dad had one when I was a kid.
    My dad had a red 1976 with the inline 6. He traded it in on the new one in 1983, which is the one I drive now.
    airwrench, RonPT24/7 and jonrjen like this.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

"I think our governments will remain virtuous for many centuries; as long as
    they are chiefly agricultural; and this will be as long as there shall be vacant
    lands in any part of America. When they get piled upon one another in large
    cities, as in Europe, they will become corrupt as in Europe."
    Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, December 20, 1787

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3062 times
    I drive a 25+ year old Suburban and a 25+ year old Lexus. I'm not interested in a car payment. I'd love to have a brand new Yukon XL...as long as someone else paid for it.
    Rossi, RonPT24/7 and jonrjen like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    7139 times
    Quote Originally Posted by brojohn View Post
    I don't remember seeing a 2 dr wagon? Was thinking 53/54?.....I was close.
    When in high school I had a 56 chevy 2 dr- it was a fine car. $200! But of course back then that was a lot of moolah- especially for a kid in school. I was working as a bag boy at Piggley Wiggley. My dad signed my note at the bank and my payments were $22 per mo.

How many remember pulling up to a gas station and getting a $1 worth of gas?
    My car is a '54 Ford Ranch Wagon. That was the first year of Ford's overhead valve (as opposed to flathead) V-8 engine, and that's what my car is equipped with, as well as a 3 speed manual and overdrive.

Some two door wagons in the 1950's were designed to be sporty, but mine was designed to be kind of a tradesmen's working vehicle, much like the Yeoman that Chevy offered in 1958. Of course, Chevy offered the famous Nomad (which was available the same year as your 2 door) and Pontiac had the really cool Safari. In the tri-five years, both of those were designed to be sporty 2 door wagons, but as desirable as they are now, they didn't sell very well back then, so the the Nomad and Safari eventually became more pedestrian 4 door wagons (still very cool though.) Even with lackluster sales for GM, Ford had to get on the sporty bandwagon (pardon the pun . ) In '56 they offered the sporty Parklane wagon, and in '57 the Del Rio...with the same dismal sales results as GM.
    jonrjen likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    34475 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Czechbikr View Post
    Does it help if one is left handed?
    Sure, as long as you and the vehicle are both facing south.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    20001 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kschilk View Post
    . . . BTW...a positive ground system is no more complicated than a negative ground system......you just have to work on it from the other side of the vehicle.
    Does it help if one is left handed?
    Quote Originally Posted by kschilk View Post
    Sure, as long as you and the vehicle are both facing south.
    Unless the wind is blowing from the north. If it is, you gotta be sure 'n shift your weight onto your right leg. Otherwise you're good to stand however you want to.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    20001 times
    The topic is pezakly why I bought a 23 year-old Chevy 350 cu. in. half-ton last year. (Well, that, and the fact that it only had 82k miles on it.) It's got some electronics installed, but it's still simple enough I can mix or replace most anything.

Except that durned fuel pump - by '97, they'd stuck it inside the fuel tank. I hope it lasts a looong time more.

Member #
    Liked
    8233 times
    I always enjoyed working on my own cars until the early 70s - unleaded gas, emission controls and fuel injection changed that. Then came the rubber band timing belts and computer controls, and presto - the shade tree mechanic went the way of the doe-doe bird. Excessive electronics, which are designed for failure, just added to the misery. Not much left to work on but lawn mowers.
    RonPT24/7, jonrjen and jwc007 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    10829 times
    Quote Originally Posted by brojohn View Post
    How many remember pulling up to a gas station and getting a $1 worth of gas?
    Me! (My hand is raised...). My first "full time" summer job was as grease monkey / pump jockey at what was the most elite, (read- expensive), station in town. Gas was a whopping .299 for regular which amounted to 3.2 gallons for a dollar. 85% of my sales were rung as that. (Summer 1962 for reference)
    jonrjen, TrucksNCoffee and jwc007 like this.
    "The large print giveth, the small print taketh away..." Tom Waits
    "If the Dawn Patrol's gotta tell you twice they're gonna do it with a shotgun..." Steely Dan
    "Actually that is a pistol in my pocket..... But I am glad to see you." coopercdrkey
    Nemo me impune lacessit ​ No one provokes me with impunity
    Florida Concealed Carry Permit

Member #
    Liked
    319 times
    I've always had a yen for an early 60's Ford Falcon with six banger and three on the tree.
    I drove a Ford Falcon in the early seventies. It was an automatic, no A/C, green vinyl seats and an AM radio!

When you opened the hood there was plenty of extra room and you could identify all six parts. Ah the good old days.
    Czechbikr, jonrjen and jwc007 like this.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links