Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: I'm a genius I tell ya...

Member #
    Liked
    19845 times

I'm a genius I tell ya...

haha

I did manage to kick 1 rock out of the bag today!

Right now I'm running Mozilla Firefox through Linux Mint! Of course the first thing I had to do was come to TA.net and get it bookmarked. What is a good email program to run with Linux? Outlook, not actually part of Win10, but I do the rental thing on Office/Outlook and Outlook is lame. And there is some open office suite too? Any info you want to share will be appreciated.

Member #
    Liked
    4815 times
    darbo likes this.
    Whatever adjective or verb comes to mind, I am...NotSo.

One of my goals in life is to shoot more people on purpose than I do by accident. So far, so good.

Member #
    Liked
    22779 times
    Do they still have Thunderbird? it's kind of the cousin to Firefox. Might look at Libre Office too..
    darbo likes this.
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1829 times
    Quote Originally Posted by glenwolde View Post
    Do they still have Thunderbird? it's kind of the cousin to Firefox. Might look at Libre Office too..
    I use Thunderbird, a Mozilla freebie. I am quite satisfied with it and manage multiple email addresses handily. It consumes less screen real estate for pointless promotions all without ads.

I use LibreOffice (free, open-source, and extremely stable and reliable) for word processor, spreadsheets, etc., and it works just about like any Microsoft offering, and most of the commands are similar, if not exactly the same. (e.g. "Control P" = print) "Open Office" is just about the same - I have used both but prefer LibreOffice - I work a good bit with spreadsheets from one place to another and it is easy fr me to use.
    darbo likes this.
    You must be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be.
    ....................Kurt Vonnegut, in "Mother Night"

All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. . . . . . . . . . . . .. — Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune

Member #
    Liked
    19845 times
    I imagine I'm doing something wrong so hopefully someone can explain it to me. Mint is working fine. What I downloaded actually comes with Libre Office and T-bird so I'm good there. The problem I seem to have is changes are not being saved. For instance I put my email acct. into T-bird and everything was fine. But then I shut down the computer and removed the usb drive. Then the next time I started Mint the changes were not there. Plus book marked items were not saved either.

Is this download I have just for kind of trying things out and doesn't save things? I have not tried any Libre Office documents but I'm guessing they won't be saved either. I have a feeling something of a more permanent installation is needed? I'm not sure I'm ready for that!

Member #
    Liked
    22779 times
    Quote Originally Posted by darbo View Post
    I imagine I'm doing something wrong so hopefully someone can explain it to me. Mint is working fine. What I downloaded actually comes with Libre Office and T-bird so I'm good there. The problem I seem to have is changes are not being saved. For instance I put my email acct. into T-bird and everything was fine. But then I shut down the computer and removed the usb drive. Then the next time I started Mint the changes were not there. Plus book marked items were not saved either.

Is this download I have just for kind of trying things out and doesn't save things? I have not tried any Libre Office documents but I'm guessing they won't be saved either. I have a feeling something of a more permanent installation is needed? I'm not sure I'm ready for that!
    You're running from a Live USB drive I assume? There's an option to save data to the USB drive or not. I only remember the option from the install. Not sure you can add it after-the-fact. I thing it's worded something like "save data to token ring"....

Some people who shall remain nameless are paranoid....they can't track you if no data is saved to your live USB. Live USB's are handy...I use one in hotels to bypass whatever is on the hotel computer.
    darbo likes this.
    Definition of clip

2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

Member #
    Liked
    22779 times
    Upon some research google Linux Mint Persistent Install
    darbo likes this.
    Definition of clip

Member #
    Liked
    7726 times
    I use Mozilla Thunderbird and have for years . It connects to my ISP email service which is horrible , but it just downloads any emails i have . The new version is tricky though and you need to make sure it’s configured to not auto delete emails when you close Thunderbird .
    darbo likes this.
    RonLPT24/7

Member #
    Liked
    2147 times
    Thunderbird is the best for Linux.
    Libre Office works better for me than Open Office. I don't have the entire suite installed, I just installed the components I use. Saves disk space and you can go back and add on more whenever you need them. For a browser with decent privacy, read up on the Brave browser, you may or may not like it, but it works.
    darbo likes this.
    "The more corrupt politicians are, the more afraid of armed citizens they become."

Member #
    Liked
    32742 times
    I've been using Open Office since I got a Windows 10 laptop. It's pretty good, especially given the cost!
    NotSo and darbo like this.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links