Are you a car guy or a truck guy? - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: Are you a car guy or a truck guy?

Member #
    Liked
    9413 times
    Currently both.

2018 Silverado LTZ Z71.
    Since I commute 80 miles round trip to the big airport I also
    have a 2006 Accord. It is the latest in a long line of Accords
    I have owned over a 32 year career at the airline. I never buy
    one until it is several years old and at least a 100k on the odometer.

I put a 200K plus on them and get another. Great cars.
    Czechbikr and pegasus like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1219 times
    king of the suburbs
    Quote Originally Posted by NativeTexan View Post
    Maybe if it had a lot more ground clearance.
    Speed doesn't kill you. It's the sudden stop. That's what gets you.

Member #
    Liked
    3716 times
    I like to drive my truck more than my little car (except having to park it in small areas.). Being retired and on a fixed income, I can't afford to drive the truck for just casual purposes. The car gets 32-40 mpg and the truck 13-18 mpg. I only drive the truck to haul/pull stuff, or if the snow is thick on the driveway/roads, as it was a couple of days ago. The last level 3 snow emergency we had here last year it would've been impossible to drive thru the road drifts without a high ground clearance 4WD vehicle of some kind. Even the AWD cars couldn't have handled it, due to lower ground clearance.

I like vans also but most of them suffer the same issue as trucks, lower MPG.
    airwrench likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    118 times
    Well, I'm compelled to post to this thread. At 60 years old, my first car at 18 was a 1969 Chevelle SS396 4 speed car. that was in 1978. I purchased it for $1400 with a blown 12 bolt rear. Trucks? Chevy K10s, Ford F250HD, and several Toyota 4x4s, The Toyota's being by far the most durable and reliable.

For the last few years, Acuras', one NSX and several RSXs, which I still drive.

But, one day I would like to find a early 70s station wagon in decent shape. Station wagons were cool then, they're even cooler now. :>) Put a 4x8 sheet of plywood in the back, and close the gate. Gotta' love it.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Five rounds = 1 Hole

Member #
    Liked
    5203 times
    Apparently I am a truck person since I haven't owned or driven a car since the 80s.

Even more importantly I just spent $550 today for an oil change and a new turn signal switch on my 97 F250 supercab diesel 4x4 longbed PU.
    That ought to be proof enough.

Member #
    Liked
    974 times
    In 48 yrs of vehicle ownership I've never owned a truck (even though I worked as a kid at a GMC dealership and drove a pea truck at harvest season)

cars... Lots of 'em, some vans- fullsize and mini, a few big and small SUVs and two class c RV motorhomes

no covertibles, no pick-em-up trucks, no jeeps, no motorcycles

had a fire-engine red 1981 Transam firebird with T-tops... Wish I still had it

it looked about like this (this pic taken from random interweb site)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by IowaShooter; 01-09-2020 at 10:32 PM.
    USAF 1976-79
    Deplorable 2016-Present

Member #
    Liked
    560 times
    Definitely a car guy. Currently working on restoring the 124 Spider to this:

Name:  Fiat 124 Spyder Abarth 2.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  212.6 KB
    Last edited by RogueTS1; 01-10-2020 at 09:34 AM.
    Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    118 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueTS1 View Post
    Definitely a car guy. Currently working on restoring the 124 Spider to this:

Name:  Fiat 124 Spyder Abarth 2.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  212.6 KB

COOL SPIDER! During my teen years when everyone was driving muscle cars, we had this one guy (name was Rick Mezzonate), who always drove Fiats and Alfas.
    I remember his 1974 Spider being so cool. Orange w/Black Drop-top, Gorgeous lines, Beautiful interior with real wood dash panel, 5 speed, and the car was really quick. I think it was an 1800 maybe? But, really light and handled very well.

Everything we were driving was American, overweight and overpowered with terrible brakes an steering... But, no replacement for displacement. :>)
    RogueTS1 likes this.
    Five rounds = 1 Hole

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    31878 times
    A bil had a fiat, lived in OKC. Went to visit one year and we went out in his Spider. It had snowed 6 inches. We slid off the road into a big snow drift. We got out and lifted the front and swung it out onto the road, then the rear. Drove on. I think we could have loaded that thing in the bed of my Silverado.
    RogueTS1 likes this.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    560 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatViews View Post
    COOL SPIDER! During my teen years when everyone was driving muscle cars, we had this one guy (name was Rick Mezzonate), who always drove Fiats and Alfas.
    I remember his 1974 Spider being so cool. Orange w/Black Drop-top, Gorgeous lines, Beautiful interior with real wood dash panel, 5 speed, and the car was really quick. I think it was an 1800 maybe? But, really light and handled very well.

Everything we were driving was American, overweight and overpowered with terrible brakes an steering... But, no replacement for displacement. :>)
    Thank you. Very light car with decent power and good torque. 2 liter motor with great gearing and excellent brakes, especially for the day, (4 wheel discs) makes it a great tarmac rally car.

Above is pretty accurate but I plan on using different colour scheme. Black hood, boot, roof, fender flares and rockers; solar yellow body (everything else.)
    Last edited by RogueTS1; 01-10-2020 at 01:14 PM.
    Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Sponsored Links