Are you a car guy or a truck guy? - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: Are you a car guy or a truck guy?

Member #
    Liked
    29920 times
    You'll see more pickups in my neck of the woods/beaches, one of which is mine.
    bobbojama and TrucksNCoffee like this.
    NULLI SECUNDUS

Member #
    Liked
    7714 times
    Always been a truck man but like some older cars . But for everyday drive i prefer my pickup .

Member #
    Liked
    19558 times
    I have owned more cars than trucks, but I'm a truck guy at heart. By far the most expensive and largest truck was a Kenworth hauler conversion, my first was a 1951 Ford F100 with a flat head V8. My favorite...well I haven't found it yet. But, I'll keep looking!!
    bobbojama and william like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    31719 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasAviator View Post
    I lean pickup, but I am considering adding a Jeep as well to the mix.
    Needing something to work on?
    kschilk, GhostHorse and chefduane like this.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

ETF
    Member #
    Liked
    2235 times
    Both. I live out in the country and can't get by without a truck. The problem is that I buy one and run it until the wheels fall off. The present one is a 1999 F350 dually with the 7.3 Powerstroke. It only has 80K miles on it so it's not going anywhere soon. My other vehicle is a small SUV crossover. It is much easier to drive and park. I bought it to tow behind the RV. I'll probably keep it forever too.
    NativeTexan and bobbojama like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1185 times
    Although I did own a 78 Toyota truck for a few years, I've always been more of a Van guy.
    The first van I owned was a 68 VW back in high school. Later I bought a 81 Ford Econoline, then an 85 Econoline Clubwagon (Great van).
    When I moved up to the snowy mountains of Utah, I bought a 93 Chevy Astro mini-van. That was a good van! I could take all the back seats out (with some effort), and lay a 4 X 8 foot sheet of plywood flat in the back; and the AWD was fantastic in the snow.
    During all those years my wife drove various cars, usually Toyota's or Subaru's. Her last was a Toyota Rav-4 with a V-6 engine, really fast! That Rav-4 was a great car, but couldn't hold all our stuff when we traveled long distance.
    We don't live in the snow anymore, so two years ago we bought a front wheel drive Chrysler Pacifica mini-van.
    Now I can easily fold both rows of back seats down into the floor and lay a 4 X 8 foot sheet of plywood flat in the back. It seats 7 comfortably (even my 6' 5" son-in-law sits comfortably in the back row). The 2 side doors and the back tailgate open automatically, which my wife insisted on. Comes with a V-6, and it rides like a Cadillac.
    So far I'm likin' this van big time!
    Last edited by 777Driver; 12-10-2019 at 12:12 PM.
    bobbojama likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    8214 times
    All my activities require a truck. The last car I owned was a Pinto in '74, and I don't consider that a car. Also, having ZERO depth perception, the added height of a truck is necessary for my driving needs.
    bobbojama likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    4314 times
    Been a Car Guy with a Truck Habit since I was 14. Bought a '64 Falcon to get around and needed a truck to haul trash and such so I bought a '52 Chevy pickup. I have had a car/SUV and a truck ever since... My current pair are a '04 GTO and '99 F150.. Love them both...
    GhostHorse and TrucksNCoffee like this.
    May 2020 find you safe, happy and healthy!
    Vote for the preservation of our Constitution!

Member #
    Liked
    11527 times
    My first car was a 59 Chrysler Imperial. push button tranny, truly a lazy boy on wheels, but those soft plugs blowing out were a pain. Then moved on to a 65 Galaxy 500 great for trips I was taking at the time. But from then on always had a full size van or Truck. My first truck was a 65 F250 with a granny gear. Wow what a workhorse. But now as I have gotten older, the Tundra's are my choice. Luckily I can afford the Gas, at 17MPG it is not an efficient option. However it has a smooth powerful drive train, fits me perfectly. A truck is a must out here in the country. Wife and I each have the same model, hers is a 2012 - mine is a 2016.
    bobbojama and TrucksNCoffee like this.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

Member #
    Liked
    8024 times
    Pretty much trucks for me anymore, and generally half ton short bed regular cabs. Don't need an extended cab or crew cab.
    But, I'll always have a soft spot for certain classic cars that I think are worth the price.
    NativeTexan and bobbojama like this.
    "Our indulgence wore out with you A LONG time ago".
    - Rep. Jim Jordan to Rep. Adam Schiff about the "Impeachment Inquiry"

As has that of the majority of Americans.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links