Not the end of the world, but it may be time to stock up
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Not the end of the world, but it may be time to stock up

Member #
    Liked
    19572 times

Not the end of the world, but it may be time to stock up

Was reading some of the latest market news when I came across a world shaking "Doom and Gloom" article. It appears that due to the early had cold weather that has been sweeping parts of our nation, we may soon be facing a French Fry shortage.

It's true!!!

Stock up NOW!! Fill those freezers to the brim, and pack'em tight. If your not a lover of French Fries but somewhat individual who believes in making a few dollars from those who failed to be prepared, stock up and go into the Black Market of French Fry dealing.

Just think of how much money you could make by being the only local source of French Fries come Super Bowl time. After all French Fries covered in chili, cheese, onions, and peppers is only a bowl of chili with out the French Fries.
    darbo, silverstring and 777Driver like this.

Member #
    Liked
    7814 times
    The Super Bowl was played last weekend.

LSU stomped UGA 37-10.
    Student of the ancient Chinese art of Bang Pow.

Gun Shui adviser

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant" (1933)

Make 2020 the year of MABA- Make Alex Bartend Again.

Member #
    Liked
    4097 times
    No - no say it ain't so! Somehow I can't picture a world without McDonalds fries.
    jonrjen likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    36139 times
    I think JRJ is just fearmongering. My guess is that he is heavily invested in french fry futures (say that real fast 5 times) and is trying to drive the price up.

Ignore him and eat fried rice.
    Keeper of The Pledge

GCS d? s+: a+++ C++ UL++++ P+ L++ E W++ N++ o+ K- w
    O M-- V-- PS+++ PE++ Y++ PGP++ t 5++ X- R+ tv+ b++++ DI++++ D+
    G-- e+++ h---- r+++ y+++ PL++++

∀xx ∃xy | xx∇xy > 0

If the Russians hacked Clinton's email then she is guilty of a felony for exposing classified information to a hostile government.

Member #
    Liked
    977 times
    The left will try to ban french fries.
    jtg452 and jonrjen like this.
    To the gun grabbers:
    What kind of malicious intent do You have towards Me that makes You fear the fact that I may have a firearm.

Member #
    Liked
    1148 times
    It's all good. A new company is stepping up to take care of the shortage. They said we will never have a shortages of any food.
    Soylent Corporation
    You will be green with envy at our products.

Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    There are alot of potatoes frozen in the ground in North Dakota, both seed and spuds for fries. This wet fall caused alot of issues now and for next spring, crop may not get in, if it does it will be late.
    Aberdog1 and jonrjen like this.

Member #
    Liked
    5609 times
    Its not French fries, its potatoes. Extended cold temperatures and Hurricane Dorian really impacted potato crops this year. So we'll be looking at no mashed 'taters, no chips, no Shepherd's Pie, not to mention roasted new potatoes, scalloped potatoes, potato galettes, tots, twice bakes, hash browns, gratins, latkes, potato pancakes, croquettes, hasselbacks, 'tater salad, vichyssoise, potato gnocchi, and of course, no baked potatoes. Its having a ripple effect throughout the culinary industry. Its indeterminate whether the shortage will be registered within the spud gun industry.
    Last edited by chefduane; 12-09-2019 at 06:50 PM.
    kschilk, jonrjen and GhostHorse like this.
    Taurus PT111G2 - Ruger LCPII - Charter Undercover .38 Spc - M'berg Mav88 Pistol Grip - M'berg 715T - Charles Daly Superior 12g O/U Trap - Heritage Rough Rider .22LR/WMR - Henry Classic Lever .22LR - Marlin 336W .30-30 Lever - Phoenix HP22LR - NAA .22WMR Mini-Revolver w/ Pocket Clip - GSG 1911-22 - Hi-Point 995TS - H&R Young American .32 Safety Hammer NF (circa 1890)

USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus - CGC Point Evans WPB82376 - MSO LA/LB SaR & Drug Interdiction Response Team

NRA / Tx LTC

Member #
    Liked
    2899 times
    When I opened this thread, I thought I read French Flies. Never mind.
    Last edited by kruizer; 12-10-2019 at 06:23 PM.
    I am the nicest guy on earth, Just ask me.
    Sand Lake 2014, 2015
    Wisconsin 2014, 2015, 2017
    Rapid City 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
    Non Illigitimus Carborundum

Member #
    Liked
    34469 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chefduane View Post
    Its not French fries, its potatoes. Extended cold temperatures and Hurricane Dorian really impacted potato crops this year. So we'll be looking at no mashed 'taters, no chips, no Shepherd's Pie, not to mention roasted new potatoes, scalloped potatoes, potato galettes, tots, twice bakes, hash browns, gratins, latkes, potato pancakes, croquettes, hasselbacks, 'tater salad, vichyssoise, potato gnocchi, and of course, no baked potatoes. Its having a ripple effect throughout the culinary industry. Its indeterminate whether the shortage will be registered within the spud gun industry.
    Whew......good thing I like home fries......still plenty of homes left.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links