Do you like Windows 10
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Do you like Windows 10

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Do you like Windows 10

Answer me please,do you like Windows 10?For me,it is bad.
    As Windows upgrade i failed,Windows update that i even failed.

Member #
    Liked
    168 times
    Depends on how you look at it.

For a person just starting with no knowledge of how the previous versions worked I would say Win10 is fine (your don't know any better). But having used Win95 along with Office95 I would say 95 was a snap compared to Win10. It's like learning a new version of the English language...WHY!?!?!?

Member #
    Liked
    1117 times
    Well, I got my start with computers in 1972 working with IBM mainframes in college. Those were the days when "computer" meant a series of devices that needed about 1,000 SF of space and had to be maintained in temperature and humidity controlled devices. I was learning to program in BASIC, FORTRAN and PL/1. All the algorithms were written, then transferred to 80 column punch cards and read into the system with card readers. The hardware was massive and slow by today's standards.

In the 1980's something magical happened. Apple, Microsoft, Texas Instruments and Commodore burst onto the scene. Individuals now had access to hardware and software in their homes. I played around with all of them including the systems that used Microsoft DOS and CP/M. Bill Gates was providing operating system software, then called MS DOS used in the IBM desktops.

I remember with the GUI systems emerged. I had to stop issuing direct commands and start using a mouse to move a pointer around and click on pictures. How stupid and childish was that? [I thought to myself].

So to answer the question for the OP I would say this "I love Windows 10". I have embraced computer technology, both hardware and software advancement for more than 40 years. None of it has been perfect. All of it has had flaws and irritating aspects. There is no part of this journey I would go back to and I can't wait to see the next level. I am almost 69 years old and still adapting to technology.

On a more somber note, I am a bit worried about the advancements in AI [artificial intelligence] and the prospect of biological implants.
    jwc007 and Boheeber like this.
    John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.
    [The Shootist-1976]

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    5132 times
    I just bought a new computer that has windows 10. I dearly loved my windows 7 pro and would have stuck with it if would stay supported. So far after 4 days, i am still lost. A friend told me its all in there but they did there best to hide what you need...... I may update this after a bit more time......so far i am unimpressed.
    pegasus likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1117 times
    You can install "classic shell" and that will simulate W7 look and feel.
    Warbird and pegasus like this.
    John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.
    [The Shootist-1976]

Member #
    Liked
    16460 times
    Classic Shell is excellent. I've used it since it first appeared. However, the developer stopped supporting it a couple of years ago. It was taken over by Github and renamed Open Shell. Find it here. Make Win10 look like Windows 7.
    We do not stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.- George Bernard Shaw

Member #
    Liked
    2565 times
    I hate windows 10.
    The last version that I used- and got along with was 7. Now 8 was a nightmare. But-way back in 2008 on advice from an old computer guy- I tried Ubuntu 8.04 (Linux)....it was so easy to install and use that I never looked back to windows. I am using Ubuntu Mate 18.04 now. The ONLY computer issue I have ever had (in 11 years now) was trying to decide if I like Ubuntu or Linux Mint the best. I can do anything on my Linux computers that others can do on their windows machines...... except run "windows specific" software. But thats okay- I don't need anything that windows has. I have everything I need or want in Linux,,,, AND its free,,,,,and trouble free.
    Sorry for the run on.....but my point is- No, I do not like windows. I have to fool with 10 on occasion- my wife uses it at work and she has it on her home laptop. When she has an issue I have to try and figure it out- and I do not know enough about it.
    777Driver likes this.
    a.k.a. Higgy Baby

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    31714 times
    NO!!!!!! It SUX! But, I'm stuck with it since my XP machine currently has a problem.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    603 times
    Yeah. I'm happy with it. It takes a little while to learn your way around a different OS. Give it some time. You'll be fine.

IMO it really is the "best Windows ever."
    jwc007 likes this.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    22079 times
    It certainly can be a pain, but as I've gotten more familiar with it, I do like it. I did love Windows 7 and still do, but I've largely moved on from it.
    Some of my favorite Video sites will no longer work with Windows 7.

Of the Linux Distro's I had good service from Fedora, Linux Mint, and PC Linux. Were I to go back to Linux, I would probably run Linux Mint.
    One of my HP Laptops cannot be converted to Windows 10, and might get Linux Mint.
    "Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links