Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Do you like Windows 10

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    21086 times
    Not even a little bit....
    "Guns are a lot like parachutes ~ If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

The problems we face today are there because the people
    who work for a living are out numbered by the people that vote for a living

"No man who refuses to bear arms can give sound reason why he should be allowed to live in a free country" Teddy Roosevelt

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Member #
    Liked
    334 times
    Is it just me? Does no one else find it odd that this person joined a gun forum in the middle of the night with a presumably female name and their first post, in poor English, was about problems installing and updating Windows 10?

I'm surprised by the number of sincere responses. Maybe it's a legitimate question, but I doubt it.

Edited: Now I see there are responses from OP. Maybe I shouldn't have been so skeptical.
    Last edited by 68Firebird; 12-10-2019 at 08:32 PM.
    Taurus M65
    S&W 642
    FNH FNX-9
    Kahr CM9
    Canik/TriStar S120
    Browning Buck Mark Plus
    Savage/Stevens M58 20ga.
    Remington Speedmaster .22

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubar View Post
    Depends on how you look at it.

For a person just starting with no knowledge of how the previous versions worked I would say Win10 is fine (your don't know any better).
    That is what my friend told me,maybe i don't know much about Windows 10.This is a common for someone now to Windows 10,even someone with a few years of experience with Windows 10 may experience problems with upgrades or failed updates (My friend told me).I need to adjust my attitude.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2583 times
    You are not alone...many folks do not like windows 10.
    pegasus likes this.
    a.k.a. Higgy Baby

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mawguy View Post
    So to answer the question for the OP I would say this "I love Windows 10". I have embraced computer technology, both hardware and software advancement for more than 40 years. None of it has been perfect. All of it has had flaws and irritating aspects. There is no part of this journey I would go back to and I can't wait to see the next level. I am almost 69 years old and still adapting to technology.

On a more somber note, I am a bit worried about the advancements in AI [artificial intelligence] and the prospect of biological implants.
    You are amazing,you are one younger than my grandfather,but my grandfather knew nothing about it.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by trooperc7 View Post
    I just bought a new computer that has windows 10. I dearly loved my windows 7 pro and would have stuck with it if would stay supported. So far after 4 days, i am still lost. A friend told me its all in there but they did there best to hide what you need...... I may update this after a bit more time......so far i am unimpressed.
    Windows 7 won't be supported by Microsoft 2020

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by brojohn View Post
    I hate windows 10.
    The last version that I used- and got along with was 7. Now 8 was a nightmare. But-way back in 2008 on advice from an old computer guy- I tried Ubuntu 8.04 (Linux)....it was so easy to install and use that I never looked back to windows. I am using Ubuntu Mate 18.04 now. The ONLY computer issue I have ever had (in 11 years now) was trying to decide if I like Ubuntu or Linux Mint the best. I can do anything on my Linux computers that others can do on their windows machines...... except run "windows specific" software. But thats okay- I don't need anything that windows has. I have everything I need or want in Linux,,,, AND its free,,,,,and trouble free.
    Sorry for the run on.....but my point is- No, I do not like windows. I have to fool with 10 on occasion- my wife uses it at work and she has it on her home laptop. When she has an issue I have to try and figure it out- and I do not know enough about it.
    Sometimes,Windows 10 does make people angry,but i am sure other OS do,too.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jwc007 View Post
    It certainly can be a pain, but as I've gotten more familiar with it, I do like it. I did love Windows 7 and still do, but I've largely moved on from it.
    Some of my favorite Video sites will no longer work with Windows 7.
    Windows 7 won't be supported by Microsoft 2020.

Member #
    Liked
    334 times
    Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your time here and find the answers you need.
    Taurus M65
    S&W 642
    FNH FNX-9
    Kahr CM9
    Canik/TriStar S120
    Browning Buck Mark Plus
    Savage/Stevens M58 20ga.
    Remington Speedmaster .22

Member #
    Liked
    32727 times
    I have one at work now, and one at home.

It does nothing better than the previous versions at all. Nothing.

I've made more help desk calls in the last three months than the twenty years put together. That is not an exaggeration; that is literal fact.

I loathe Windows 10. It was intended for the convenience of Microsoft, Adobe, etc., and to heck with us customers.
    gbusmech and pegasus like this.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links