Allied Interstate , anyone getting robo calls from them ??
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Allied Interstate , anyone getting robo calls from them ??

Member #
    Liked
    7726 times

Allied Interstate , anyone getting robo calls from them ??

After research i and over 20 calls i find out this is one of the biggest collection companies in the USA if I’m correct . Anyway i had got about a dozen or more calls from them according to my caller ID on my home phone . Finally i answered and some AH on the other end ask for the lady of the house . I asked who they were talking about and they said the wife of the house . Well i refused snd said whatever you have to say to her you tell me what you want ! I got pissed and said NO and they still refused to tell me who they wanted and why . All they would say is it was a personal matter . No a few day before they called and wife did answer and she said they were ugly to her and if she didn’t pay they would have a warrant and have her arrested ! So when i talked to a man that called I wasn’t very nice and he finally said well i see we’re not getting anywhere with this so he hung up . He had an accent like some India or Pakistani person . They’ve continued to call and i continued to block their # but they must have bunches of different #s cause everytime i block a different # is used . Anyway tonight I’m going to get my wife to sign up at Credit Karma and we check her credit and see if anything is going on but personally i know she doesn’t owe anyone anything . I check my every week and it’s good .

so now my rants over i just want to know if anyone here has got calls from Allied Interstate also and did you get them stopped and how ??
    RonLPT24/7

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RonPT24/7 View Post
    After research i and over 20 calls i find out this is one of the biggest collection companies in the USA if I’m correct . Anyway i had got about a dozen or more calls from them according to my caller ID on my home phone . Finally i answered and some AH on the other end ask for the lady of the house . I asked who they were talking about and they said the wife of the house . Well i refused snd said whatever you have to say to her you tell me what you want ! I got pissed and said NO and they still refused to tell me who they wanted and why . All they would say is it was a personal matter . No a few day before they called and wife did answer and she said they were ugly to her and if she didn’t pay they would have a warrant and have her arrested ! So when i talked to a man that called I wasn’t very nice and he finally said well i see we’re not getting anywhere with this so he hung up . He had an accent like some India or Pakistani person . They’ve continued to call and i continued to block their # but they must have bunches of different #s cause everytime i block a different # is used . Anyway tonight I’m going to get my wife to sign up at Credit Karma and we check her credit and see if anything is going on but personally i know she doesn’t owe anyone anything . I check my every week and it’s good .

so now my rants over i just want to know if anyone here has got calls from Allied Interstate also and did you get them stopped and how ??
    The person doing this is “spoofing” the caller id and phone number — blocking that number is a waste of time. We get the same kind of thing from some hvac air duct cleaning service. It goes on forever. I hope they finally get caught and fined.

Bob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    RonPT24/7 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    7726 times
    When i looked them up there were links claiming they sued them and you can get 1k per call but if i need to I’ll call my real lawyer !
    RonLPT24/7

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3647 times
    Those types of threats are likely illegal.

Unless you're familiar with Kredit Karma, I would first look at getting my free online credit report or maybe see if one of your existing credit cards gives you access to credit reports. I would be hesitant to give my Social Security number, birth date, etc., to some "random" web site that claims to be a credit site (such as Kredit Karma).

By federal law, you are entitled to one free credit report per year, from each of the credit reporting agencies. I get a different one every four months, just to check to see if anything is out of wack. For more information, check the federal government agencies FTC and CFPB. There should be information on both/either of those that indicates your rights to credit reports and the "safe" way to access them.
    RonPT24/7 and Desperado like this.

Member #
    Liked
    7726 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaBravoKS View Post
    Those types of threats are likely illegal.

Unless you're familiar with Kredit Karma, I would first look at getting my free online credit report or maybe see if one of your existing credit cards gives you access to credit reports. I would be hesitant to give my Social Security number, birth date, etc., to some "random" web site that claims to be a credit site (such as Kredit Karma).

By federal law, you are entitled to one free credit report per year, from each of the credit reporting agencies. I get a different one every four months, just to check to see if anything is out of wack. For more information, check the federal government agencies FTC and CFPB. There should be information on both/either of those that indicates your rights to credit reports and the "safe" way to access them.
    I been with Credit Karma myself for about a year and so far everything has been checking out AOK . They show all my credit in the past that are closed and open accounts that are open now and all checks out .
    RonLPT24/7

Member #
    Liked
    421 times
    Could be a case of mistaken identity. I had an incident when we were first married that once I answered the phone they assumed they had found who they were looking for and put my address and phone number on their collection records. In my case I had to hire an attorney to clear my name.

The calls could be a phone phishing scam as previously stated and they might believe your spouse is more likely to give up valuable information like SSN, etc. so they keep asking for her. If you are already checking your credit reports, you could consider freezing your credit with each of the three credit bureaus. It takes some effort but does create a credit firewall for financial protection.

If you have not already, I highly recommend setting up your account with Social Security online (user name and password) to avoid future identity theft.

Hiring an attorney would be a last step or perhaps contacting your states Attorney General (website) for information or guidance about nuisance collection calls.
    RonPT24/7 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    20415 times
    It's a scam. They may be using this Allied name but when they are threatening with arrests it's a scam using scare tactics.

Member #
    Liked
    35658 times
    I get calls like that once in awhile and I just tell them to mail me a statement......to PA State Police, attn Lt. Schilk.......for some reason, that's as far as I ever get before they hang up.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Member #
    Liked
    8295 times
    I get about ten robo calls a day but never answer them. If I don't recognize the number it gets blocked. The robo that baffles me is the one that shows coming from me - I can't block that one. I just hope they all die a slow, painful death.
    RonPT24/7 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    7726 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kschilk View Post
    I get calls like that once in awhile and I just tell them to mail me a statement......to PA State Police, attn Lt. Schilk.......for some reason, that's as far as I ever get before they hang up.

If i ever talk with them again that's what i'll tell them !! LOL !!
    kschilk likes this.
    RonLPT24/7

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links