Allied Interstate , anyone getting robo calls from them ?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Allied Interstate , anyone getting robo calls from them ??

Member #
    Liked
    25867 times
    My phone anti-spam program blocks any calls that aren't in my contact list.
    That list includes friends, doctors, business we deal with etc.
    Why would I want to get a call from someone I don't know when it is so easily avoided?
    RonPT24/7 and kschilk like this.
    There are only two options as I see it.
    Either I'm right, or there is a sinister
    conspiracy to conceal the fact that I'm right.

Member #
    Liked
    7728 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacher39 View Post
    Why would I want to get a call from someone I don't know when it is so easily avoided?
    what phone is it , a landline or cell phone ? If it’s a landline what kind do you have ?
    kschilk likes this.
    RonLPT24/7

Member #
    Liked
    36397 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacher39 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RonPT24/7 View Post
    what phone is it , a landline or cell phone ? If it’s a landline what kind do you have ?
    ...prob'ly two soup cans an' a string.
    RonPT24/7 and whichfinger like this.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2442 times
    download a freee app called HIYA . It will show who and where the call is originating from, although "spoofing" does get past them. I onily answer callers from my personal "contacts" list, people or businesses that I know ad do business with. If they are your contacts list, it will show name and number.

And it's free.
    You must be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be.
    ....................Kurt Vonnegut, in "Mother Night"

All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. . . . . . . . . . . . .. — Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune

Member #
    Liked
    1134 times
    I don't hang up. If I answer the call, I follow the robot instructions until I get a real human, and then set the phone down and let them talk to air. I like to waste their time as much as they waste ours. ..... Hopefully it also records as a forwarded lead that they failed on.
    Tracker627 and bigC like this.
    I can legally defend myself against bad guys, but there is no legal defense against bad guys with badges.
    I do not kill animals, nor do I pay other people to kill them for me.

Member #
    Liked
    574 times
    Why do you even engage with these people?
    Call your State AG and file a complaint.
    I wont pick up a call that isn't I'D on my phone and I know who it is.
    If oit's that important they can leave a message and I'll call back.

AFS
    There is something charming about the sound of bullets-----George Washington

Member #
    Liked
    25867 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RonPT24/7 View Post
    We used to have a land line because like everyone else we thought we couldn't exist without it.
    We thought we needed it for doctor calls and emergencies etc.
    We were wrong.
    When we did have a landline we used Nomorobo which is a very good spam blocker.
    There are about a half a dozen other land line spam blockers out there that work well for land lines.
    There also several makes of 'little boxes' that you connect to your land line phone that will serve as
    a blocker. Some of them work quite well. Amazon has a few available.

One of the biggest tips they give to help stop robocalls on your land line is:

• Never ever interact with a robocall.
    • Don’t press a button, wait for an agent, or even speak.
    • Anything you do that shows your number is real and active will just make you an even bigger
    • target for promotions, real or fake, in the future. Seriously, just hang up! (Or better yet, don’t answer at all.)

Some people like playing games with spammers. You're just encouraging them because now they know someone lives there.

For our cell phone we use "Should I Answer". We have an Android based phone.
    However there are literally dozens of spam blockers available for both iPhones and Android.
    It is the best spam blocker I have found. It is programmable with settings you can use to set it up almost any way you want.
    Ours is set up to block any call from someone who is not in our contacts list.
    So everyone we want or need to talk to is in our contacts list. That includes our doctors, three hospital lines, a few business'
    and of course friends and relatives.
    No one else can get through. And I mean no one. Have never had a spam call with this program. And it's free.

Should I answer works so well we dumped our land line.
    Don't miss it, have never needed it again.

So for us spam blockers have worked for both our land line and cell phones.
    We just chose to dump the land line after we found out it was no longer necessary
    and saved some money in the process.
    There are only two options as I see it.
    Either I'm right, or there is a sinister
    conspiracy to conceal the fact that I'm right.

Member #
    Liked
    543 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash60601 View Post
    download a freee app called HIYA . It will show who and where the call is originating from, although "spoofing" does get past them. I onily answer callers from my personal "contacts" list, people or businesses that I know ad do business with. If they are your contacts list, it will show name and number.

And it's free.
    I am going to check out the HIYA app. A friend recommended Truecaller for eye-phone which for me is only effective one out of ten times.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    18398 times
    I don't know who I get robo calls from, because I hang up before They go into their pitch.

I keep a land line specifically for the dreaded robo calls. Whenever a site asks for a phone line, we give them the land line. Whenever we order something, takeout or whatever, we use the landline. Yeah my message machine attached to it records a ton of silence, but my cell phone doesn't get that many spam calls, and if it's important they always leave a message.
    Last edited by CJS3; 12-06-2019 at 04:57 PM.
    Children, pets, and slaves get taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

When Democracy turns to Tyranny

I still plan to vote.

Member #
    Liked
    35252 times
    We've been getting a ton of survey calls. Never should have answered the first survey.

And Credit Karma is a very, very useful web site IMHO.
    RonPT24/7 likes this.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links