Taurus Armed Board - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree141Likes

Thread: Taurus Armed Board

Member #
    Liked
    8850 times
    Taurus was available to a family man on a budget who had to protect the family and myself. It seems that two drug dealers moved into our apartment complex and knew I was friends with the sheriff deputy across the street.

I bought a Taurus 66 and 65 the same day. Both revolvers, back in the middle 1980s were available when other brands of firearms prices were sky high. I could buy two Tauri for the price of one high end revolver or pistol.

The two dealers wound up in prison pronto as the small time dealer turned on the big time dealer who had a an extremely violent past. Big timer tried to get into our domicile by posing as a school teacher with a petition. What he did not know was that the Taurus 66 was behind my back and he was never let in. I let my buddy, the deputy know about things pronto. Said ruffian was carted off, his house raided, and many dozens of pot plants later with some cocaine thrown in he had he was off to prison for a long time.

Since the Tauri worked well I have stayed with the brand.

As for what brought me here there is this.
    To QUOTE FLYER:
    Flyer [OP]
    TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
    Member # 2
    Join Date Jan 2007
    Location East TX
    Posts 6,541
    Liked 102 times

Taurus Armed.net site History

Several of the members here will remember the old site, TaurusForums.com. It was slow, a bad layout and severaly outdated software. We all used that because it was all that was available. There was not much traffic at all, maybe 5-10 posts a day, mostly because it was unsupported and not very user friendly. It seemed to be somewhat abbandoned as well. There was one moderator who was active, and he only had access to a couple of boards. I don't think he's around here anymore though.

A lack of moderation became known to a host of spammers. Qwiks Draw began to attempt to contact someone in charge. He found out from the sister site RugerForums.com that the previous admin had stiffed a lot of users out of an ammo deal and had since left the site. The contact at RugerForums informed Qwiks that they had plans of upgrading and the current owners of TaurusForums.com were tired of paying the bills on the site without any return and they were getting ready to shut the site down. A week or so rolled on and I decided to bring up a new forum. I had talked to several people that had large forums. The end result was what we have now.

After a weeks worth of research and preperation, this site launched on Jan 9, 2007. The previous owners were willing to sell the database from the old site at a 'very reasonable price', which would include years worth of posts and threads and all the pre-existing users. There was not a single forum software package that would support an upgrade from the version they were using. I never attempted to contact them on a price knowing that all that old data would have been useless. It took a solid 2 days worth of work and an unhappy wife to get the forum setup, looking presentable and running smoothly. Ever since, it's been a work in progress, constantly adding features (many unseen), tweeking, fine tuning, and maintaining the site.

When the site started off, there was an un-advertised option to make a donation. A handful of people did and a HUGE thanks goes to them, they know who they are. Other than that, there have been no other financial contributions to the site up until a couple of weeks ago when NiteSiters decided to sponsor the site. As the only sponsor currently, they are the ones to thank and they are the ones to help support the site as far as the money side goes.

Contrary to what some people think and what some have said, Taurus has no interest in the site. They have no say in what goes on here. As far as I know they haven't even formally recognized the site as being supportive of Taurus. I'm sure knowingly or unknowingly, they have an interest in the site as it's a direct venue dedicated to their products, but their interest in the site stops there. Being the sole owner of the site, I do take it personally when someone makes accusations of the site being run by Taurus, simply because of the time and resources I have tied up in the site.

Ever since the site has opened up, we've always prided ourselves in being the 'friendlier' of the gun forums, but at the same time tactfully not taking to much non-sense. We don't have many rules here, but one we do follow is no chronic bashing, of any brand. That's why the Complaints section was orignally designed. There was an influx of negativity and constaint complaining of such and such, so instead of deleting the posts and upsetting a lot of folks, we moved everything in there to keep the spirit of the forum up and uncluttered from the mostly non-sense from the chronic complaints. That's not to say that complaints aren't welcome here. We are all about trying to help someone fix a problem with thier gun if they are willing to try the suggestions. Otherwise, it's deemed a chronic complaint and dealt with accordingly.

In closing, we will continue to dedicate the site to Taurus guns and owners and hope to remain the friendly forum. Who really wants to be active on a forum that's run by a bunch of power hungry mods and an abusive admin?

I would like to thank everyone for contributing to the site and participating in way that everyone has. It's grown much quicker than any of us (the staff) ever thought it would and really is something that we are all proud of. A couple of the moderators here have been here since the site opened and came from the old site. Only a couple of them joined the site being a moderator, a few original members of the old site became moderators a little later. END OF QUOTE.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3050 times
    Wow, QD, thanks for that history lesson, and thanks to you and the other first-timers for getting it up and keeping it going for the rest of us come-alongs.

Oh, yeah, I think aliens brought me here. Either that or it was a question about a PT738 or PT138Pro. I needed some advice and I found it here, and I stayed.
    Last edited by DeltaBravoKS; 12-02-2019 at 08:59 PM.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    31962 times
    I came here looking for a Taurus forum. I had been looking for one for at least 5 years before TA.net popped up on my radar in early 2008. Unbeknownst to me, there had been a BBS TA site that turned into TA.net. I had just bought a brand spankin' new 24/7 Pro 45acp and I was having magazine issues. Seems like a long time ago now.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33795 times
    I think a good number of us found this site looking for information on a Taurus firearm we owned. I did also, in mid 2007. My concern was just normal wear on a PT145, which by the way is still going strong. How it’s grown since then. From something around 850 members to over 54,000 today.
    It’s the membership that makes this site what it is today.
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Member #
    Liked
    29927 times
    I'd bought a couple of Taurus revolvers and semiautos and was looking for similar sensible adults to discuss them.

"AND", I'd grown tired of the brand snobbery and childish tantrums exhibited by so called adults on other gun forums.

I still belong to several of them, but spend more time here than all the others put together.

Our generation inherently has thicker skin and a better sense of humor along with that super power "COMMON SENSE".
    NULLI SECUNDUS

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    7552 times
    Came here in 2012 after going through some guns and not liking them, then bought a Model 66 and have been hooked
    on the underdog ever since! When a idea popped in my head for an event in South Dakota, Taurus stepped up big time
    with Mark Kresser and Robert Crezense, still talk with Robert often, still loving Taurus................
    There are "four boxes" that can be employed to resist the downfall of America, the ballot box, the soap box, the jury box and, lastly, the ammo box.

Member #
    Liked
    1823 times
    I came here in 2010, looking for information. I found that, quickly, easily, and generously given.

In finding that information, I found PEOPLE - generus, knowledgable, interested and interesting people, most of whom I'd welcome as a next-door-neighbor. Well, maybe one or two just a little further down the block, only due to the quality of their poetry, but still within hollerin' distance.

I have long appreciated the companies who armed the southern hemisphere, and have had a few of their guns in earlier days. I still wish I had never traded off theat DGFM-FMAP 1911-A1, It was a polish and blueing beyond exprctation and it shot so well. I had Rossi and Taurus revolvers when Interarms in Alexandria, VA was importing them and found them to be fully as servicable and accurate as my hi-dollar USA guns. My son still has my last Model 85's.

Years ago, I took in trade a stainless Model 66, 357 Magnum that was an exercise in patience and I remembr well the encouragement I received from the members here while I passed through the ordeal with Customer Service. The gun ultimately became as endeared to me as the members of and thee entity of this forum.
    Czechbikr and GhostHorse like this.
    You must be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be.
    ....................Kurt Vonnegut, in "Mother Night"

All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. . . . . . . . . . . . .. — Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3104 times
    I'd joined March of 2010. I'd owned Taurus before that. In the late 80's I had a PT92 and had sold it thinking it and a Beretta I had were not working with cast bullets very well, and later learned all the hard cast I had was butter soft. My second Taurus was in '93 and it was a .45 Colt Raging Bull. It had better accuracy than the .45 Colt Anaconda I had at the time. I still have the RB, and later picked up a 6.5" 627 and 9mm OSS before joining here.

A little over 3-1/2 months later I was laid up from a motorcycle accident where a Ranger pickup went left of center and hit me head on. This place was one of the few social contacts I had outside the nursing home I spent months in.

Maloy

Member #
    Liked
    8232 times
    Been here since Nov 2007, and somehow still here. Over the years, I've earned a few infractions (never expire-held in reserve) and even been sent to the cell block once. Even still, it's a good forum with great members - very knowledgeable folks. If you need information, this is the place to go. Not many other forums can beat it..
    Qwiks draw likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    6679 times
    I joined in Sept. of 2007, Have stayed because it's a friendly place to talk about guns. It also does not matter what brand as long as it shoots.
    Qwiks draw likes this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links