Anti-Virus - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Anti-Virus

Member #
    Liked
    1819 times
    One of my friends who has built quite an IT business for himself reporrted back after attending a big meeting in Philly, said he asked a guy who actually works for Norton what they use in-house, and he replied, "AVG!"

I use AVG free version, and have no prob, with either my laptops or my wife's laptop or desktop unit (which is still on Windows 7).
    You must be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be.
    ....................Kurt Vonnegut, in "Mother Night"

All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. . . . . . . . . . . . .. — Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune

Member #
    Liked
    393 times
    Haven't seen anyone mention Avast. I have been using their free version for several years with excellent results - no viruses.
    I also use the free versions of Ghostery and AdGuard AdBlocker to keep the adware at bay.
    Steve G.

U.S. Air Force Veteran
    Henry Golden Boy (.22lr)
    Taurus Spectrum
    Taurus PT-111 Millennium G2
    CZ P-07 (.40 S&W)
    Smith & Wesson 4006 TSW
    Rock Island Armory 1911A1 10mm

Member #
    Liked
    7714 times
    Ive used most of what has been mentioned . I had Kaspersky until i found out it was Russian owned and the government was using it and found out it had leaks that Russian government could get your personal info so got rid of it . Right now i used Total AV . On my second year . So far it’s been very good pretty much in competition with others . The only reason tho i use a paid version is because i do pay bills and order things online and i just don’t feel safe using free versions . Now if i had a computer strictly for web searches only and games then I’d never use a pd version cause as mentioned Windows Defender and Essentials are adequate.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links