Tesla pickup truck..... - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Tesla pickup truck.....

Member #
    Liked
    6437 times
    You know, the best part about progress is watching those who swear it's never gonna happen choke on their words when it does.

Don
    JimmyA likes this.
    I see gun control as waiting in an ambulance at the bottom of a cliff when we should be building a fence at the top!

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    31798 times
    Liberal "progress" isn't for me. I'm no progressive. All's I'm sayin' is give me the choice. The left wants to outlaw gasoline. Hell, they'd probably outlaw electricity if they could.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    23012 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHorse View Post
    The last time I bought a truck or SUV, 0-60 was NOT on the criteria list.

My Expedition can do over 500 miles on a tank. Between 550 and 600. Which is almost twice what the best Tesla truck - which won't be manufactured for almost two more years - will do. And after a 5 minute gas stop, I can go another 500-600 miles. Let's see an electric vehicle do that. And it will go just as far* in (runs outside to check the current temperature) 8 degrees F as it will at 98 degrees F.

Yes, it's coming. You can't stop progress unless you feed enough people a silly lie and convince them worse is actually better. Thanks, manbearpig.

* Yes, I know there are some differences in fuel efficiency due to temperature, but nothing compared to what electric vehicles suffer at low temperatures.

My wife loves her Expedition. She went out one day and brought it home.
    That thing is a beast. It's big and roomy and one of the most
    comfortable and quiet vehicles I've ridden in.
    Yesterday she filled it up.
    The readout on the dash read: Mileage to empty------17,000
    Gets 23 mpg on the highway which I think is pretty good.

Occasionally we do have to pick a Prius out of it's grille.
    Last edited by Rickenbacher39; 11-28-2019 at 09:30 AM.
    NativeTexan and Flash60601 like this.
    Remember:
    Life is short.
    Make sure you spend as much time as possible
    on the internet arguing with strangers about politics.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    32796 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BangBang View Post
    You know, the best part about progress is watching those who swear it's never gonna happen choke on their words when it does.

Don
    All in good fun; I'm giving facts here. If any of them are wrong, I encourage you to point out what of the facts I've provided are incorrect.

In the meantime, I'm going to take my flying car over to a cold fusion reactor to take a tour and choke on some words.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacher39 View Post
    My wife loves her Expedition. She went out one day and brought it home.
    That thing is a beast. It's big and roomy and one of the most
    comfortable and quiet vehicles I've ridden in.
    Yesterday she filled it up.
    The readout on the dash read: Mileage to empty------17,000
    Gets 23 mpg on the highway which I think is pretty good.

Occasionally we do have to pick a Prius out of it's grille.
    We woke up to snow on Tuesday, and had to break trail for mile or two before we got to a plowed (dirt) road. Handled it like a champ. Not even a flicker from the traction control. Ours is the first vehicle I've ever had with cooled seats. I. Love. Cooled. Seats. I have to repeat that; I love cooled seats! And ours is an XL, so we can put some stuff and our five big dogs in it and no one feels cramped at all.

We don't break 20 mpg though! We have the V8; you must have the turbo six? Guess you like it?
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    34498 times
    Electric vehicles aren't the first revisit to failed technology and they won't be the last. For electrics, just like wind and solar, this is what......like the third, fourth, maybe the ninety-seventh time it's been tried? It's always a huge fail, always will be. Unfortunately, there's more money in failing at green energy pursuits than there could ever be in succeeding. The gov't grant grab bag is bottomless for scammers like musk, it's an industrial form of welfare.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

Member #
    Liked
    4097 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHorse View Post
    The last time I bought a truck or SUV, 0-60 was NOT on the criteria list.

My Expedition can do over 500 miles on a tank. Between 550 and 600. Which is almost twice what the best Tesla truck - which won't be manufactured for almost two more years - will do. And after a 5 minute gas stop, I can go another 500-600 miles. Let's see an electric vehicle do that. And it will go just as far* in (runs outside to check the current temperature) 8 degrees F as it will at 98 degrees F.

Yes, it's coming. You can't stop progress unless you feed enough people a silly lie and convince them worse is actually better. Thanks, manbearpig.

* Yes, I know there are some differences in fuel efficiency due to temperature, but nothing compared to what electric vehicles suffer at low temperatures.

Of course 0-60 is not important when there's work to be done. But torque, towing capacity etc. will improve. Fact is -- whether we like it or not -- people are wanting to move away from internal combustion engines. Do electric cars mean no more fossil fuel? They absolutely do not - but Joe Sixpack feels like that's the case.

But let me say that there are a lot of electrics running the roads around these parts. They are popular and it doesn't get cold here. Where I work, there are four (and will be more) parking slots for recharging. That's pretty generous of the property manager -- charge 'er up on his dime!
    BangBang likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    4921 times
    I think the astetics of the Telser Truck will be a hit amoung the millennials who want to be space cowboys. There will be an optional light saber rack for the rear window.
    kschilk likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    34498 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruntson View Post
    I think the astetics of the Telser Truck will be a hit amoung the millennials who want to be space cowboys. There will be an optional light saber rack for the rear window.
    ...plus hot cocoa cup holders and a jump seat for the Teddy bear.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    31798 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kschilk View Post
    Electric vehicles aren't the first revisit to failed technology and they won't be the last. For electrics, just like wind and solar, this is what......like the third, fourth, maybe the ninety-seventh time it's been tried? It's always a huge fail, always will be. Unfortunately, there's more money in failing at green energy pursuits than there could ever be in succeeding. The gov't grant grab bag is bottomless for scammers like musk, it's an industrial form of welfare.
    Maybe it's time for the reintroduction of the steam powered car? Just think of it, go out back and trim a few limbs for fuel, totally 0 carbon footprint with wood power, and the only place you'll run out of fuel on a trip is out in the desert, so Ghosthorse might not like the idea.
    kschilk and GhostHorse like this.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    34498 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NativeTexan View Post
    Maybe it's time for the reintroduction of the steam powered car? Just think of it, go out back and trim a few limbs for fuel, totally 0 carbon footprint with wood power, and the only place you'll run out of fuel on a trip is out in the desert, so Ghosthorse might not like the idea.
    Steam works, no doubt about it. I'd bet that if there truly are advanced alien life forms traveling to Earth from distant galaxies, they're doin' it by steam.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Sponsored Links