Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Anyone have a "Soda Stream"?

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    31751 times

Anyone have a "Soda Stream"?

Wife says she wants a fizzy water machine, claims fizzy water quenches her thirst best. So, I just ordered one from Soda Stream for Christmas. Anyone have one? If so, how do you like it?
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    31751 times
    In case you're wondering......

https://sodastream.com/
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    I have been drinking the stuff since I was a child, way before these sodastream things came to be. Still do. A very common drink in NYC, many of the small restaurants of my childhood gave it free just like water.

I have a couple units (don't ask lol). The sodastreams take a proprietary co2 cylinder that you take back when empty and get a discount on the new one. The unit works ok but the silicone gasket that seals the bottles can get loose, just need to watch for that.

The main things I learned is fill the bottle(s) with fresh plain water and refrigerate it cold before charging it. Works best that way. Oh, and if you decide to use flavorings like the cola syrups and whatnot, do it AFTER you have carbonated the water, not before. Still if you are curious, you can try doing it before, but you'll only do that once

Oh yes, I forgot to say that I agree 100%, the stuff does the best job on thirst, but for some they need to get used to it. The young kids around by me in east Texas said it tastes like battery acid . I think they are spoiled - in my day we had to get up to change the channel on the TV...
    Last edited by unclenunzie; 11-21-2019 at 04:40 PM. Reason: on-topic info

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    22919 times
    I think someone designed a way to make pop more expensive while making you do the work to produce it.
    I love capitalism.
    Remember:
    Life is short.
    Make sure you spend as much time as possible
    on the internet arguing with strangers about politics.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    31751 times
    Quote Originally Posted by unclenunzie View Post
    I have been drinking the stuff since I was a child, way before these sodastream things came to be. Still do. A very common drink in NYC, many of the small restaurants of my childhood gave it free just like water.

I have a couple units (don't ask lol). The sodastreams take a proprietary co2 cylinder that you take back when empty and get a discount on the new one. The unit works ok but the silicone gasket that seals the bottles can get loose, just need to watch for that.

The main things I learned is fill the bottle(s) with fresh plain water and refrigerate it cold before charging it. Works best that way. Oh, and if you decide to use flavorings like the cola syrups and whatnot, do it AFTER you have carbonated the water, not before. Still if you are curious, you can try doing it before, but you'll only do that once

Oh yes, I forgot to say that I agree 100%, the stuff does the best job on thirst, but for some they need to get used to it. The young kids around by me in east Texas said it tastes like battery acid . I think they are spoiled - in my day we had to get up to change the channel on the TV...
    Great comments, THANKS!
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    1147 times
    Quote Originally Posted by unclenunzie View Post

"Brixing" AKA Post mix. Setting post mix at the right ratio

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    31751 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacher39 View Post
    I think someone designed a way to make pop more expensive while making you do the work to produce it.
    I love capitalism.
    She buys those cans of sparkling water at the store. I can't stand the stuff, but she says the lack of lingering taste on the tounge helps her. She has dry mouth. Me, mine stays pretty wet. But, I thought I might get some cola syrup. After all, it's 20 miles to the store. It could actually SAVE me money over driving that gas guzzling Ford to get soda. I'll order the stuff online and get it delivered to my door. The UPS and Fed Ex guys actually KNOW where my door is.
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    34456 times
    I have one shortly after I chug a Coke......I love the stuff but it goes right through me. I miss Fizzies, the cola wasn't that great but I liked the root beer.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

Member #
    Liked
    22240 times
    Had one when I was a teen and they were ok. At the time, I could get the name branded syrups from working in restaurants. You would probably be better served buying a used soda machine from a restaurant and buying the CO2 tanks. With the amount of carbonated beverages folks drink over here, I could retire just on the savings. Now if I could find barley pop concentrate... hmmm
    PT1911 - 45ACP, Pietta 1873 SAA - 45LC, PT709SS slim, Heritage RR 6.5" 22LR/Mag dual cylinders
    1939 Tula 91/30 Nugget, Evil Copper and Black Rifle, Savage B-Mag in 17WSM
    Mossberg 535 12ga
    GPS Coordinates to lake where they all reside. Always wear your life vests kids. Boating accidents DO happen.

Member #
    Liked
    4097 times
    I pretty much drink four things. Water, coffee, beer and bourbon. Not necessarily in that order ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links