knee replacement
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: knee replacement

Member #
    Liked
    8613 times

knee replacement

I had my full knee replacement done friday afternoon I got discharged this afternoon I am sore but mobile with a walker everything looks good for a full recovery
    Last edited by vaskeet; 11-18-2019 at 05:30 PM.
    avatar is VA-34 Blue Blasters squadron insignia one of the many I wore from 1977-1998

Member #
    Liked
    19407 times
    I take it that you meant to post "looks GOOD" not "looks GOO".

Hope all mends well and fast. I'll slip a couple of prayers your direction.

Now don't go changing your spelling or my post won't make any sense.

Member #
    Liked
    8613 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post
    I take it that you meant to post "looks GOOD" not "looks GOO".

Hope all mends well and fast. I'll slip a couple of prayers your direction.

Now don't go changing your spelling or my post won't make any sense.

yes I changed the spelling from GOO to good so it still makes sense lol
    avatar is VA-34 Blue Blasters squadron insignia one of the many I wore from 1977-1998

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    5433 times
    Glad it went well! Hope the recovery is full and quick!!

Member #
    Liked
    4260 times
    Good wishes for a full and speedy recovery!! Follow the Dr. and therapists instructions to the tee. DO NOT push past what they tell you can do. My best friend thought he knew better because he had minimal pain and ended up damaging the bone and required graft surgery to fix. They took one of his ribs to rebuild the bone....
    When people lose their way and begin to vote for their own yokes and chains and suddenly we’re all wearing them, when Government turns tyrannical and the light of liberty is being extinguished.... our 2nd amendment is our ONLY hope.

Member #
    Liked
    19698 times
    Glad the procedure went well. I hope the recovery is swift and complete.

oso
    Member #
    Liked
    1523 times
    Don't let the physical therapist push you to hard, you know how you feel. They have a tendency to push too hard. I am 5 1/2 months post total hip replacement, had the home health care nurse, physical therapist and occupational therapist come to the house twice a week for the first 4 weeks, the physical therapist at times wanted to push too hard to where the pain would actually set me back. Yes you have to move and exercise the new joint just don't over do it. Good luck with your recovery.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    20879 times
    At first I thought this thread was meant for the two word game thread . . .
    DeltaBravoKS likes this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

The Declaration of Independence states that the sole purpose of government is to secure the inalienable rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. And, if it fails, the people are justified in getting rid of government, not the rights. - Judge Jeanine Pirro

The first lesson in economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson in politics is to forget the first lesson in economics. - Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    5405 times
    Good job! I've had both knees done. Make sure you do the rehab and force yourself to do all the exercises! Do you know what knee type/make you got? Mine are Stryker Traithlon full knees. I can now run 47.8mph and have a 17 foot vertical leap!! Although when I jump over a fence its in slow motion.

Hope your recovery & rehab go well.
    TrucksNCoffee likes this.
    Taurus PT111G2 - Ruger LCPII - Charter Undercover .38 Spc - M'berg Mav88 Pistol Grip - M'berg 715T - Charles Daly Superior 12g O/U Trap - Heritage Rough Rider .22LR/WMR - Henry Classic Lever .22LR - Marlin 336W .30-30 Lever - Phoenix HP22LR - NAA .22WMR Mini-Revolver w/ Pocket Clip - GSG 1911-22 - Hi-Point 995TS - H&R Young American .32 Safety Hammer NF (circa 1890)

USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus - CGC Point Evans WPB82376 - MSO LA/LB SaR & Drug Interdiction Response Team

NRA / Tx LTC

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2775 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbojama View Post
    Good wishes for a full and speedy recovery!! Follow the Dr. and therapists instructions to the tee. DO NOT push past what they tell you can do. My best friend thought he knew better because he had minimal pain and ended up damaging the bone and required graft surgery to fix. They took one of his ribs to rebuild the bone....
    Ditto that advice. My dad had both replaced quite a few years ago and was back walking his rounds in no time. Another family friend's mother had one replaced and did not follow the medico's instructions and was miserable for months. I still don't know if she is to where she should be. Of course, these are all anecdotes and your mileage may vary.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links