Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: More Burglaries

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    27632 times

More Burglaries

I don't know if it's just my area or a country wide thing, but there have been a lot of reported burglaries in my area lately. Break ins, distraction thefts and even some cases of men shoving their way in and overpowering the homeowner. Most of these occur during the day. My four legged German Shepherd alarm helps and I always answer the door with a gun, but it's still troublesome for the times when I'm not home. I have even found myself locking the door when I'm out on my property working, knowing I can't see or hear if someone came to the house. I never had to do that before and don't like that I have to do it now.
    NRA-Patriot Endowment Life Member-Benefactor Level
    GOA-Life Member
    SAF-Member
    Deplorable-Life Member
    DADDD Member-Dads Against Daughters Dating Democrats

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't." -- Ben Franklin

“Better to fight for something than live for nothing."-- George S. Patton

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” — George Orwell

Member #
    Liked
    2267 times
    i heard on the Okc news that the police are finding calculators on burglars.
    Since enacting the $1000.00 felony limit, they seem to be adding up their ill gotten gain's.
    BigBlue likes this.
    Adam blamed Eve, Eve blamed the snake, The snake didn't have a leg to stand on.

Opportunity may knock ounce, but temptation leans on the doorbell.

Member #
    Liked
    19558 times
    In the country farmers and ranchers during periods of large problems with coyote attacking their stock, they would make sure to always have a firearm at arms length. Then if they happened to see a coyote they were ready to point, aim and shoot. Now while it would suffice to leave the carcass of the dead animal laying in the field or pasture, may farmers/ranchers chose to take a different approach of carcass disposal.

They will take the carcass of the dead villain (coyote) and hang it from a fence line as on display to others to see....including other coyote.

I guess thinking back at this practice it is not much different back in the days of the old west where the undertaker would often prop up the body of the deceased bad guy for public display before burial of the body.

I am in no way saying to, pointing to, or suggesting that someone should dispatch a bad guy actor and display the bodily remains. I was only telling a story of what many ranchers practiced in the south with coyote.
    BigBlue, darbo, Divebum and 4 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2332 times
    Don't open the door unless you know who is there. Use phones, a peephole, a camera, whatever it takes. Mostly it's strangers that push in.
    BigBlue likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    34424 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post
    In the country farmers and ranchers during periods of large problems with coyote attacking their stock, they would make sure to always have a firearm at arms length. Then if they happened to see a coyote they were ready to point, aim and shoot. Now while it would suffice to leave the carcass of the dead animal laying in the field or pasture, may farmers/ranchers chose to take a different approach of carcass disposal.

They will take the carcass of the dead villain (coyote) and hang it from a fence line as on display to others to see....including other coyote.

I guess thinking back at this practice it is not much different back in the days of the old west where the undertaker would often prop up the body of the deceased bad guy for public display before burial of the body.

I am in no way saying to, pointing to, or suggesting that someone should dispatch a bad guy actor and display the bodily remains. I was only telling a story of what many ranchers practiced in the south with coyote.
    ...seemed to work for Vlad the impaler.
    slong115, william, darbo and 3 others like this.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    21080 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue View Post
    I don't know if it's just my area or a country wide thing, but there have been a lot of reported burglaries in my area lately. Break ins, distraction thefts and even some cases of men shoving their way in and overpowering the homeowner. Most of these occur during the day. My four legged German Shepherd alarm helps and I always answer the door with a gun, but it's still troublesome for the times when I'm not home. I have even found myself locking the door when I'm out on my property working, knowing I can't see or hear if someone came to the house. I never had to do that before and don't like that I have to do it now.

We have had nearly the same problems here. I cannot even leave lawn or garden tools outside overnight or they are stolen and those thieves even stole over a cord of firewood while we were gone.
    BigBlue likes this.
    "Guns are a lot like parachutes ~ If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

The problems we face today are there because the people
    who work for a living are out numbered by the people that vote for a living

"No man who refuses to bear arms can give sound reason why he should be allowed to live in a free country" Teddy Roosevelt

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Member #
    Liked
    6674 times
    A sign of the left's influence on society. anyway that is my opinion.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    27632 times
    The fact that they would have the audacity to break in or push in while someone is home is more alarming to me than just breaking in while no one is home. That tells me they are prepared to take what you own by use of force. Personally I hope I am home if someone should try it. I'm more worried about the few times when my wife is alone. If you steal from me maybe the cops will get you, if you hurt my wife or even my dog you better hope the police get you before I do.
    NRA-Patriot Endowment Life Member-Benefactor Level
    GOA-Life Member
    SAF-Member
    Deplorable-Life Member
    DADDD Member-Dads Against Daughters Dating Democrats

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't." -- Ben Franklin

“Better to fight for something than live for nothing."-- George S. Patton

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” — George Orwell

Member #
    Liked
    376 times
    Burglaries and theft's always (seem to) go up around the start of the holiday season, so it's not really a surprise (imho)
    BigBlue likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    7801 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue View Post
    I grew up in a house that was immediately behind a redneck beer joint that was notorious for being a rough place. I answer the door with something in hand as a matter of habit. Especially after dark. If I recognize who is there, it gets put away. If I don't, then it stays in hand but out of sight until the situation clarifies.

In Daddy's defense, when we bought the house, it was a Mom and Pop meat and 3 restaurant ran by an elderly couple we went to church with and they sold it a few years later.

trying to force your way into my house past me isn't what I'd consider a healthy life choice.
    BigBlue likes this.
    Student of the ancient Chinese art of Bang Pow.

Gun Shui adviser

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant" (1933)

Make 2020 the year of MABA- Make Alex Bartend Again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links