C'mon, man....... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: C'mon, man.......

Member #
    Liked
    3434 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kschilk View Post
    ......y'all need to keep me informed. I got a li'l surprise today, though I can't say I was really surprised but still......it was kind of a surprise. ...how long has it been easier to buy a Barrett, than a bic frickin' lighter?! I don't use 'em a lot but still enough and in enough places, that I keep a few on hand. I normally pick up a 6-pack at Rite Aid, which is the best deal and enough to cover my uses for several months. I was going to stop there today to replenish but they insist on that damned discount card thing and I wasn't in the mood for the hassle so I hit CVS. I wandering the store for several minutes, seeing nothing but those long fireplace/candle lighters so with no employees in sight to ask, I assumed they didn't carry them and headed over to Rite Aid. There were none in the usual location but as I searched the store, a cashier came to me and asked if she could help me find something. When I told her "bic lighters", she informed me that they were now kept behind the counter. I asked for my usual 6-pack but found that now, they only sell them singly or in a 2-pack. I begrudgingly selected a 2-pack and even more begrudgingly......showed the now required photo ID. Since they produce fire and are hand-held, are lighters now considered a firearm?! I haven't bought them for months so this is all new to me, I never heard anything about it. Anyone know what it's all about?
    Lol. Try to buy some rubber cement sometime...surprised they don't make you fill out a background check for it. Stupid...it's all about control.
    kschilk likes this.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    22538 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickthus View Post
    I can't buy sudifed. For one thing its not sold in the state anymore. Here's the unbelievable thing that gets to me. You have to show an I.D. to buy it in other states. If i go to Mobile AL were its legal to buy and i show my MS I.D. i have committed a felony and they will call the police on me like i had pulled a gun.
    All my years working underwater sudifed cleared my head and sinus so i could go deep. Stopped post nasal drip and keeps me from getting sick. I'm now a drug making felon unless i move 30 miles? Nothing makes me a felon other than where i get my mail.
    It's a pirates life for me. A true American. The Crown and royal gov. can pound sand. It's like no alcohol in parks and some beaches here, nobody says as word unless you're drunk and disorderly.
    You should be able to get it in MS with a doctor prescription.
    kschilk likes this.
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

Member #
    Liked
    34089 times
    Quote Originally Posted by taurustoter View Post
    Lol. Try to buy some rubber cement sometime...surprised they don't make you fill out a background check for it. Stupid...it's all about control.
    Heck of it is, I buy all kinds of chemicals, paints, acids, practically any compressed gasses you can imagine by just a phone call or punching it up on the computer. No questions, no ID and they'll even deliver it. ...I'll have to see if they carry bics.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    4741 times
    Has to do with smoking. Anything associated with smoking is now restricted access. Lighters, lighter fluid, whatever.
    kschilk likes this.
    Whatever adjective or verb comes to mind, I am...NotSo.

One of my goals in life is to shoot more people on purpose than I do by accident. So far, so good.

Member #
    Liked
    19412 times
    If you think it is bad for you, try to take the view of the retailer who now has to store more and more "restricted" items behind the counter.

For some reason the first thing that crossed my mind was of an over paid corporate big shot standing in his office dressed as the captain of the boat in the movie "JAWS", but changing the words to "We're going to need a bigger counter".
    kschilk likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    19707 times
    I had to produce ID to buy a couple cans of spray paint the other day. I have to say the self etching primer gray looks good around my nose and mouth!

I'm going to jail aren't I!?
    kschilk likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    32176 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NotSo View Post
    Has to do with smoking. Anything associated with smoking is now restricted access. Lighters, lighter fluid, whatever.
    ....unless it's wacky weed.

There are way too many people running around professing themselves wise, but are unbelievable fools. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go give some birdseed to my great Dane, who now self identifies as a parakeet.
    kschilk likes this.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    9313 times
    Just another example of reduction of liberty.

Also the fact we have so many people who never had leather applied
    to their backside during puberty.

That nagging personal responsibility thing that nobody wants.

ETF
    Member #
    Liked
    2226 times
    I haven't bought one for a long time because I have a stack of them around the house, all shapes and sizes, Bic, refillables, cans of fuel, Zippos with fuel, etc., etc. Am I a prepper? No, not really. I just hate hunting through every drawer in the house to find one when I need it.

There are all kinds of stupid rules and regulations being thought up by people with nothing else to do in order to protect society from itself, or so they think. It must be great to be all-knowing and omnipotent.
    kschilk likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    290 times
    The Federal Tax Code is easier to understand than the liquor laws here in Pennsylvania. I can go to a beer distributor and buy as many cases of beer as I can afford no questions asked. Same for the State Store (Wine and Spirits) next door.

BUT, if I buy one six pack at the local Giant Eagle they require me to show my AARP level drivers license to the 18 year old behind the cash register. Nuts.
    kschilk likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links