Southern drivers needed..........................
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: Southern drivers needed..........................

Member #
    Liked
    33863 times

Southern drivers needed..........................

......to come up to PA and teach these idiots how to drive in the snow! ...holy crap, you'd swear they've never seen the stuff before......................
    OIL CITY, Pa. (EYT) — Emergency crews and police are on the scene of multiple motor vehicle accidents due to road conditions throughout the City of Oil City.
    According to police, the streets in Oil City are “nearly impassable” as of 7:45 a.m. on Friday.
    Multiple motor vehicle accidents have been reported throughout City of Oil City, and police and emergency personnel are working to clear the scenes.
    The Oil City Police Department are asking the public to avoid travel in the area, if possible.
    No additional details are available at this time.
    Police are expected to release information on the accidents within the next 48 hours.

..."nearly impassible"?! I've got a 2wd pickup, decent winter treads but no real weight in the back and I didn't have any trouble, I mean.......there's only about 1" of snow, what're they gonna' do if winter ever hits here?
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

Member #
    Liked
    4366 times
    No thanks, I'm retired now when it snows I get another cup of coffee and thank God I can stay home. Do not miss having to be on the road with idiots that can't drive on warm dry roads without running over others.
    brojohn, kschilk, jonrjen and 9 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    19326 times
    I always loved the idiots that think "Hey, I have 4WD, I can go anywhere". And then realize that "Hey, I can't stop on a dime". Coming to Texas from living most of my life up north in the winter weather I was quick to learn it was simply better to stay home then to get in the mix of those less qualified to face challenges of Mother Nature.

I now agree with TheOldRedneck, stay in and enjoy that extra cup of coffee. I usually follow up with a nap.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1133 times
    Somehow that doesn't make sense.
    I would have thought that Northern drivers would have to teach Southern drivers how to drive in snow.
    Why would Southern drivers have experience driving in snow?

Member #
    Liked
    33863 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 777Driver View Post
    Somehow that doesn't make sense.
    I would have thought that Northern drivers would have to teach Southern drivers how to drive in snow.
    Why would Southern drivers have experience driving in snow?
    They likely wouldn't but would still have to be better at it than most of these locals. There was a medium truck, a li'l straight job, layin' on its side at the end of a gas station parking lot just down the road......still tryin' to figure how he pulled that off. Of course, while I was stationed at NAS Norfolk, I saw a car on its roof in the McDonald's drive-thru on base, one sunny, summer afternoon......so I suppose anything can be done if ya' work at it hard enough.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46618 times
    Most of the fools on the road down here can't drive in the rain. You really want them coming up there to drive in the snow?
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Taurusarmed.net Where are you map?

Member #
    Liked
    4238 times
    Usually the first slippery snow of the season turns the roads into Demolition Derby events. People go way to fast for conditions and run into those who are Freaked Out and doing 20mph... Fun to watch... I used to live within sight distance of a major intersection on US31 in West Michigan... We could sit in our living room and watch the chaos take place!!

Last edited by bobbojama; 11-08-2019 at 03:07 PM.
    When people lose their way and begin to vote for their own yokes and chains and suddenly we’re all wearing them, when Government turns tyrannical and the light of liberty is being extinguished.... our 2nd amendment is our ONLY hope.

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    31331 times
    I can think of twice when I drove in the snow and once in an ice storm in my 4x4 toyota. Saved the best for last, at 10,000 feet in the White mountains of Arizona on a motorcycle. Ever heard of the Coronado trail? THAT one was enough for two lifetimes, but it sure was pretty.

It's cold today, no snow, yet I've gotten out of the house once to retrieve a part from the truck. Slept most of the afternoon. life is good.
    Last edited by NativeTexan; 11-08-2019 at 03:32 PM.
    kschilk, lwb92af, 230JHP and 2 others like this.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    10712 times
    I was one of those 4WD drivers when we lived in New England- mostly CJ-5's but and CJ-7- but at least I realized that all cars had 4 wheel brakes, and that I could "go" better than most, but only "stop" just like them.

Want to see some serious road carnage- Go to El Paso and wait 'til it rains... (You'll be there a while...)
    kschilk, 230JHP, jonrjen and 2 others like this.
    "The large print giveth, the small print taketh away..." Tom Waits
    "If the Dawn Patrol's gotta tell you twice they're gonna do it with a shotgun..." Steely Dan
    "Actually that is a pistol in my pocket..... But I am glad to see you." coopercdrkey
    Nemo me impune lacessit ​ No one provokes me with impunity
    Florida Concealed Carry Permit

Member #
    Liked
    269 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kschilk View Post
    ......to come up to PA and teach these idiots how to drive in the snow! ...holy crap, you'd swear they've never seen the stuff before......................
    OIL CITY, Pa. (EYT) — Emergency crews and police are on the scene of multiple motor vehicle accidents due to road conditions throughout the City of Oil City.
    According to police, the streets in Oil City are “nearly impassable” as of 7:45 a.m. on Friday.
    Multiple motor vehicle accidents have been reported throughout City of Oil City, and police and emergency personnel are working to clear the scenes.
    The Oil City Police Department are asking the public to avoid travel in the area, if possible.
    No additional details are available at this time.
    Police are expected to release information on the accidents within the next 48 hours.

..."nearly impassible"?! I've got a 2wd pickup, decent winter treads but no real weight in the back and I didn't have any trouble, I mean.......there's only about 1" of snow, what're they gonna' do if winter ever hits here?
    Our little borough here has it's own Public Works employees who also run the snow plows. Around 7:45 this morning I spied one of their trucks coming down the totally clear road, snow plow in the ready position with lights flashing. I imagined the cartoon bubble over his head which read "can I drop the salt now chief, can I please can I"?
    kschilk, lwb92af, 230JHP and 1 others like this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links