Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Cordless string trimmers

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    20748 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kschilk View Post
    Cordless and no string to mess with..............
    Attachment 449381
    Some clean up required.
    Rotorflyr and kschilk like this.

Member #
    Liked
    134 times

Cordless string trimmers

Yep. Shared battery use is a good idea. I have a whole set of Craftsman battery powered tools. After my son and son-in-law helped me clean up the mess in my garage so a new water heater could be installed,
    I can’t find the chargers. Thought I’d just buy one more charger. Went to Lowes who carries Craftsman brand now. The batteries have been physically changed and not able to accept the batteries I have. Surprise! Not a pleasant one, as I have several batteries.

Bob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bjrjar; 10-22-2019 at 01:01 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    465 times
    Quote Originally Posted by slimpickens View Post
    The EGO brand of cordless tools works well. I have the blower and the string trimmer and love them.

Don't have the blower, but picked up one of these
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/EGO-56-V...521S/303419976
    when it was on sale, with the carbon fiber shaft it's nice and light, and also well balanced.

My gas cub cadet was giving me fits and needed to get some stuff done....Overall I like the EGO better then the cc, though maybe over the winter I'll get the cc up and running right
    (just cause)

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    32014 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TrucksNCoffee View Post
    A timely thread, this. My 120 VAC spin trimmer died last weekend after many years of faithful service (broken wire or connector inside the sliding tube to the motor), and I need a replacement. I hadn't thought about cordless trimmers. I shall be watching these comments with great interest.

I owe you an adult beverage of your choice, NT.

You know, the next time I'm in your area, Shiner is only 35 miles from me.
    TrucksNCoffee likes this.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    929 times
    This year I bought a 40V Greenworks self-propelled mower and then a few weeks later bought the Greenworks 40V combo string trimmer and blower. I have a smaller yard now than I had before and electric power just seemed like a better way to go this time around. Mower will easily do 1/2 of my yard on one charge which works for me as, at my age, 1/2 of my yard is enough without a rest break. String trimmer and blower are both quite useful and even though the battery that came with them is 1/2 the amperage of the mower one, I have never run out of power using them. Batteries are interchangeable, too, so I can use the mower battery to power the blower or trimmer and use the trimmer battery to power the mower (although it runs out of power MUCH faster than the one that came with the mower).

No 2-cycle oil mixed with gasoline. No messy spills in my garage. No carburetor to keep clean and adjusted or sparks plug to change. I just pop in a charged battery and away I go! Yep.......I much prefer electric. If I had a large yard, I might not be so pleased but what I have works great for me.
    TrucksNCoffee likes this.
    Scott USMC 1969-1973/BTPD 1975-1979

Member #
    Liked
    23048 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jkoht View Post
    I use Masterforce brand cordless tools that are the house brand of Menards. They're the 20 volt Li-ion batteries and I have the string trimmer, and blower. I use them both quite extensively at my cabin and they work great. I know some areas don't have Menards, but whatever your local hardware store is there is probably a house brand like dewalt, ryobi, Milwaukee, or even black and decker. All of these brands have options in string trimmers, and yard maintenance tools now. So if you have any of those kind of cordless tools check them out because you might have a shared battery capability already. My dad is a dewalt man and he just got the cordless 20v chainsaw and blower. They both work very well with the bigger 5.0 ah batteries. The bigger capacity battery the better off you'll be whatever you choose.

...and stuff from Menards is available on-line...

https://www.menards.com/main/outdoor...7405253&ipos=1
    Last edited by glenwolde; 10-22-2019 at 04:14 PM.
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

Member #
    Liked
    19781 times
    I'll stick with gas powered. Never goes weak due to charge, I use the pre-mixed fuel simply to save time and mess of mixing. A quick pull of the handle and I'm off and going. Too make things even better I have the edger attachment for the weed eater. It take all of 3 minutes to go from weed eater to edger.

Batteries are too often a short term solution to a long term job. They have there place in my tool locker, but mostly for drill, impact, and quick easy access to a saw.

Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Howdy!

We just returned from six month RV trip. Drug out the weed eater and of course it wouldn’t start. I went straight Owes and purchased a Kobalt 80 volt battery power we’d eater. I’m impressed will never. Back to a gas operated one.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-80-v...0aAgGaEALw_wcB

” Happy Trails “
    Chiefneon
    RonPT24/7 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    713 times
    battery trimmer and pole saw. both kobalt and share batteries. replacement batteries cost the earth unless you can get an ebay deal. i have cut 6-7" oak branches ane with saw or trimmer, about the time the battery is out of energy, so am i. will never go back to gas
    RonPT24/7 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    8295 times
    I got a Ryobi for a gift, and my wife used it until the battery gave up. The cost of a new battery didn't justify the amount of use it got, so it sits in the storeroom gathering dust. My Echo string trimmers have been going strong for years, and I don't have to worry about replacing (discontinued) batteries.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links