Fort Worth LEO shoots homeowner through her window
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: Fort Worth LEO shoots homeowner through her window

Member #
    Liked
    3965 times

Fort Worth LEO shoots homeowner through her window

I don't even know what to say about this that won't get me put in the corner for a time out here. Complete and utter lack of training and discipline.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/12/us/fo...ing/index.html
    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"My Administration is running like a well oiled machine." - The Donald

Member #
    Liked
    6163 times
    I don't know, there is not really enough information for me to make a judgment call at this point. There is mention of a gun but nothing about when, where, or how it made an appearance and nothing about why she did not call out when she saw the police.

Don
    777Driver likes this.
    I see gun control as waiting in an ambulance at the bottom of a cliff when we should be building a fence at the top!

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    19686 times
    I read the story a bit ago. This is beyond tragic. After what happened to Amber Guyger in Dallas, have these panic-prone police officers learned nothing? My prayers go out to the victim's family and neighbors, especially the neighbor who called the non-emergency police number out of an abundance of concern.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1140 times
    What are they using to screen police applicants?
    There seems to be an obvious lack of training at the academy.
    It is NORMAL for a homeowner to be armed when they look out their window after hearing suspicious noises at night!
    Here's another officer that will probably spend some time in prison, and probably should.

cnj
    Member #
    Liked
    493 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 777Driver View Post
    Here's another officer that will probably spend some time in prison, and probably should.
    Yup. Agreed!
    Rossi R98 Plinker 6" barrel
    Taurus G2S Brown/Black

Member #
    Liked
    3965 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BangBang View Post
    I don't know, there is not really enough information for me to make a judgment call at this point. There is mention of a gun but nothing about when, where, or how it made an appearance and nothing about why she did not call out when she saw the police.

Don
    There's really only 2 things I need to know about the story, 1 being that the home owner was shot after a welfare check called in by a concerned neighbor upon observing her front door open, and 2 the police officer shooting two seconds after verbalizing commands and while still verbalizing commands. That can be seen clearly in the bodycam footage of the officer who fired the shot. "Put your hands up, show me your hands, show (shot fired) me your hands!" I'm sorry but this goes right into the same bin as that other Texas officer who is now doing time for murder. It's inexcusable. He didn't identify himself, he didn't give proper time for the occupant, even if they were armed, to be made aware that the police were on scene and they need to put the weapon down so that whatever might be going on can be sorted out and addressed. Imagine walking to the window of your house wondering why someone was walking around outside your house with a flashlight in the middle of the night. Everyone reading this would have a gun in their hand. Then you get a light in your face so you can't see who is yelling at you. Then you are dead.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/ra...562925812.html
    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"My Administration is running like a well oiled machine." - The Donald

Member #
    Liked
    911 times
    Too many Police Officers because of their training believe they are in a combat zone and answer a call or perform a traffic stop ready to engage "the enemy", not to protect and serve.
    To the gun grabbers:
    What kind of malicious intent do You have towards Me that makes You fear the fact that I may have a firearm.

Member #
    Liked
    32028 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 777Driver View Post
    What are they using to screen police applicants?
    Very likely, their ability to get across a welcome mat. I mean, would you take a job as an LEO these days? I wouldn't if they offered me $200k a year. No way.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    33930 times
    There were a lot of mistakes made but in the cop's defense, this wasn't necessarily the simple "just a welfare check" it's being made out to be. Sure, the neighbor called in to the non-emergency number but his basis for concern wasn't like she hadn't been seen or heard from for days. He specifically mentioned an open door as the reason he wanted a police response and to me, as I'd suppose to most any rational person, that sounds more like a possible break-in than a medical emergency or someone's butt bein' stuck in the bathtub. In case of one of the latter, you'd prob'ly call the fire dept anyway, not the cops. I can therefore understand why they would anticipate encountering an armed perp or perps as they approached and be on alert. His first main screw-up was prob'ly not identifying himself as a police officer, at least as far as CYA procedure but whether that would've changed anything can only be speculated.

As for what happened, it's tragic and even more so that it'll be turned into a race thing. Most likely, all the cop could see was a silhouette and prob'ly couldn't even distinguish it as male or female. There was nothing racial about it beyond coincidence but all the attention focused there, will detract from efforts to analyze and correct what all really went wrong. It's hard to blame the training because there's a difference between going through training and actually being trained. It doesn't always take and the end result actually depends more on the individual, than the process. There are always those few that think they know better than the teacher. By the same token, there are those who try but simply cannot apply what they've learned. All I can say is, that is one jury I would not want to be on.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

Member #
    Liked
    7890 times
    So many questions I could ask, so few of them will be answered.

One of the biggest questions I have is this: Why didn't any of the officer's involved in this call EVER say "Fort Worth Police" or other wise identify themselves as police officers? Did I miss them saying that in this incident?

Another question I have is: Why didn't any of the officer's go to the open door and ask if anyone was occupying the dwelling, and if they were a resident or not? This question, and the identify yourself problem, would have changed the outcome of this incident for the better.

Then again, remember, hindsight is 20:20.

I also have a bet that this WILL become a racially motivated issue, if it already hasn't.
    "Our indulgence wore out with you A LONG time ago".
    - Rep. Jim Jordan to Rep. Adam Schiff about the "Impeachment Inquiry"

As has that of the majority of Americans.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links