A tale of 4 boys from California - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: A tale of 4 boys from California

Member #
    Liked
    2279 times
    Tell him to contact the local social services. They have classes for foster kids "aging out" of foster care, teaching them how to live independently and providing support. What an adventure!
    Desperado likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    21996 times
    He's got a very long road ahead of him. Let's hope his years left on this earth will be enough for the youngest to reach adulthood. Uprooting a family is difficult. I had to do it myself, but also provides the best scenario to introduce them to a new, more adult way of living. If the man-children were left in the same environment, they would not be able to change out of comfort of familiarity. Since they'll now be in a totally new environment, a completely new way of life can be presented to them and they should have an easier time adapting. He needs to set the ground rules in stone as these boys need structure, not pampering them in a cloistered world of denial and self pity. He can be their friend later. Right now he has to mentor them into adults. They will undoubtedly complain about everything they had to give up but also will not even notice what he had to. If he needs help, I'm sure most of us are willing to give free advice.
    PT1911 - 45ACP, Pietta 1873 SAA - 45LC, PT709SS slim, Heritage RR 6.5" 22LR/Mag dual cylinders
    1939 Tula 91/30 Nugget, Evil Copper and Black Rifle, Savage B-Mag in 17WSM
    Mossberg 535 12ga
    GPS Coordinates to lake where they all reside. Always wear your life vests kids. Boating accidents DO happen.

Member #
    Liked
    7865 times
    You story hits close to home with one of my friends, and his two children from a messy (to say the least) previous marriage.

My friend got a divorce from his then wife in 2002, when the oldest (his son) was 4 and the youngest (a daughter) was 2. He had dealt with the wife for long enough. She had threatened him one to many times with a knife in hand, and he went and got a divorce. As he was a truck driver at the time, he had no way to take custody of the kids, so they stayed with mom (BIG mistake), and he payed child support, hoping for the best. His ex wife poisoned the kids about their biological dad, and became a lesbian soon after the divorce, so the kids were raised with two moms, and may have been abused in the process.

Fast forward 14 years, and the biological kids are now his again after the ex wife was found dead of an overdose, and both kids were found in the squalid apartment that they lived in with mom's live in girlfriend. The kids went to Dad, as he was the only biological member of the family still alive at the time. Both kids have nearly zero life skills, the son can barely hold down a job, has virtually no skills to speak of, and the daughter is almost in the same boat. My friend has done all he can to train them to make it in the real world, but as he says, "It's almost to late to save them from the catastrophe that the ex wife created."

I take my hat off to your friend for stepping up and becoming the surrogate father to these kids. Unfortunately, I see the same thing going to happen to the oldest two kids as my friends kids; they just may rebel against him and revert back to what they know, and become wards of the state at best. Now with the youngest two, there is still hope, and I wish your friend the best in this endeavor. Those kids deserve to have a real parent in their lives, and I think their biological grandfather, despite his age, may be the best thing to reenter their lives at this time, and teach these kids how to live and survive. HOPEFULLY, he can get all four of these kids squared away and make them all productive members of society. I wish him all the luck in the world.

For the sake of those kids, I sure hope your friend succeeds, and those kids understand that what is happening is for their own long term good.
    TrucksNCoffee and GhostHorse like this.
    You can call it a "impeachment inquiry" or anything else under the sun.
    Personally, there are only two ways to describe what House Democrats are doing:

Sedition, and a coup.

Plain and simple.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    4227 times
    May he Be Blessed! It is a life changing event for all involved.
    When people lose their way and begin to vote for their own yokes and chains and suddenly we’re all wearing them, when Government turns tyrannical and the light of liberty is being extinguished.... our 2nd amendment is our ONLY hope.

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    I offer up my prayers for this family. This gentleman is one heck of a man for stepping up and doing that. Those kids aren't ruined yet. Only if they end up in jail or dead before they make it in this world are they ruined .
    Like I said prayers....

Now one of the Grey Guardians.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    16892 times
    I hope things work out for him, but with an eighteen and twenty year old "manboy" I think his life is going to get very complicated, and not in a good way. Maybe he can convince them to join the military. Hell at eighteen I'd already gotten a job, moved out of my parent's house, and arranged to pay tuition for my first semester of Jr. College.
    william likes this.
    Children, pets, and slaves get taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

When Democracy turns to Tyranny

I still plan to vote.

Member #
    Liked
    19651 times
    Wow! Good luck to John and the kids!

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    19662 times
    I learned a bit more when I visited John yesterday. The oldest was born with a congenital eye defect and is legally blind. That's why he's never driven a car - he can't. I also learned that their dad's idea of child care and nurturing was to tell his boys to go play with their computers, 'cause he was busy doing other stuff.

I'm contemplating how I might become involved in their lives and see what I can do to help. I'd like to get them involved in our church, we have a great children's and youth ministry.

Member #
    Liked
    446 times
    prayers sent,,, and your a good freind of his.

Member #
    Liked
    9419 times
    In my prayers !
    "This is not a world in which one can turn the other cheek. Doing so does not avoid violence, but rather encourages it. The bad guys threaten, but they do not seem to want to get hurt. They should be taught that their presumed victim is more dangerous than they are. This is not a matter of weapons, but of will."

- Jeff Cooper, April 2005

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links