Rolling blackouts in America?! - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Rolling blackouts in America?!

Member #
    Liked
    7169 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rhugg View Post
    Didn't CAL have a Governor Brown-Out? They don't want energy created in California ... except for solar but they still want to use massive amounts at low price. Pollute the other states but send us the power? The policies are bad but don't be surprised if the Utilities are playing some also.

Generally it is liberal policy to tell everyone what is right but not setting an example. I appreciate they are idealistic but gravity and supply and demand still apply to them.
    Being idealistic is SO much easier for people who can dodge the consequences of their decisions. Kind of like congressthings who make laws that don't apply to them, or exempt themselves from healthcare laws they've foisted on everyone else.
    Desperado likes this.
    Most stereotypes come from how you treated the last person who didn't know you.

Member #
    Liked
    7169 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ICUKev View Post
    The real problem is most electrical companies don't have competition so you're at their mercy on what they will/won't do with the power. Where I live, the power lines are underground to keep issues like that down right? Nope! Where the lines are above ground have issues, they shut off the link to my area till it's fixed?? There's nothing like having an outage in my neighborhood then look out front door and see other side of subdivision all lit up! Looking into gas powered generator from gas company. That way it will kick on when electric company is acting an ASS!
    Quote Originally Posted by garyh View Post
    Greed is the main problem here, PG&E went for years with out updating the facilities. Then when their poor system caused the fires last summer, they were fined big dollars. Now the users of their service are paying for the company's greed.
    Quote Originally Posted by GXW View Post
    The electric companies would be happy to build anything the public wants to pay for. State regulators tell them what the public wants to pay and the customers get just that.
    PG&E is a publicly-traded company.

Maintaining ROW and upgrading capital assets cuts into shareholder profits.

It sounds a lot like the old Soviet Union, where a lot of production was achieved on outdated and inefficient machines, because the state didn't want to invest in upgrading factories.
    Most stereotypes come from how you treated the last person who didn't know you.

Member #
    Liked
    22483 times
    It's not all trees and trimming. The Paradise fire that killed 85 was lack of maintenance. A tower that by their own standards was 25 years past it's useful life dropped a line due entirely to corrosion. The tower had not been properly inspected. Google "Tower 27/222". I'd also point out that other utilities in the state have nowhere near the fire problem PG&E does.
    TrucksNCoffee likes this.
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    4049 times
    Couldn't agree more Trucks ... but it seems there are a lot of things going on in this country now that are not right.
    California is wonderful geographically -- but otherwise it's turning into a quagmire of social and economic complications.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    19689 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dogchild View Post
    Texas has its own Electrical Grid when did the black out you posted about happen?
    The news and details are in the Opening Post links I included.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    19689 times
    Quote Originally Posted by glenwolde View Post
    It's not all trees and trimming. The Paradise fire that killed 85 was lack of maintenance. A tower that by their own standards was 25 years past it's useful life dropped a line due entirely to corrosion. The tower had not been properly inspected. Google "Tower 27/222". I'd also point out that other utilities in the state have nowhere near the fire problem PG&E does.
    I Googled "Tower 27/222."

Wow. What a complete disaster. Money was continually set aside for repairs to the old towers, and then continually spent for other things, instead. This went on, year after year. I sometimes think the expression, "Someone needs to go to jail," is overused, but in this case I think it would be entirely appropriate.
    jtg452 and Peacemakr40 like this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    16928 times
    Children, pets, and slaves get taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

When Democracy turns to Tyranny

I still plan to vote.

Member #
    Liked
    4693 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CJS3 View Post
    Now it's being attributed to cardiac arrest.

https://abc7news.com/autopsy-reveals...tages/5611878/

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/new...ectid=12275821
    Whatever adjective or verb comes to mind, I am...NotSo.

One of my goals in life is to shoot more people on purpose than I do by accident. So far, so good.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1605 times
    Sounds like PG&E is doing spite work. California twisted their horns now this is payback. If my company got sued I would do the same as PG&E. If California PG&E customers are anything like PGW customers in the city of philly they are in big trouble. In philly no one pays their PGW gas bills , they are billons in debt.
    Last edited by Taurus1965; 10-12-2019 at 06:41 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    33934 times
    Welcome to Califorzil.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sponsored Links