Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Halloween Stories

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    19530 times

Halloween Stories

It's just over three weeks until Halloween. I've been toying with the idea of starting this thread, then I saw reference to ghost stories in the UFO sighting thread https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/l...-sighting.html . Rather than sidetrack that thread, let's share Halloween and ghost stories here. Turn the lights down, put appropriate music on your media player, and enjoy.

Member #
    Liked
    5055 times
    If I survive to this Halloween I will be celebrating my 72nd birthday that day.
    Anyhow, many decades ago I used to have we used to have a spoiled cat named mustache because it had a lop-sided mustache. Eventually it died and for a year or more after its death I would often see it walking down the hallway, in front of me, and make a right turn into my sisters bedroom right through the wall.

Member #
    Liked
    7750 times
    Since many had asked in the UFO thread about it, here is my Sam Kinison ghost story.

Back in 1999, when I was a truck driver, I took a load of charcoal from Springfield, OR to Las Vegas, NV, then to Phoenix, AZ, Then with a final stop in Tucson, AZ. The route I took from Las Vegas, NV to Phoenix, AZ took me down U.S. 95 in California. Northwest of the town of Needles, CA, on U.S. 95, about 5 to 7 miles from the intersection with Interstate 40, is a curve to the left, then a curve to the right, before you cross the Santa Fe railroad line that parallels Interstate 40. At the time, I was minding my own business, when suddenly I started into doing Sam Kinison's famous "Dog Psychologist" routine out of the blue. No real reason to do this, but it happened. I thought to myself that that was strange, then I felt a presence in the truck with me that whispered "Good job, almost as good as me". That was when I knew the ghost was Sam Kinison's ghost.

Later, I saw a biography on Sam Kinison, and they showed EXACTLY where the accident that took his life had occurred. That was the EXACT place where I started the Sam Kinison routine, and felt his presence in the cab of my truck. To this day, I do not know why it happened, other than I was into comedy and comedians at the time, and usually listened to tapes of various comedians as I traveled from place to place.

Now the other one I referred to, the one on Pacheco Pass in California, is downright scary. It was the wee hours of the morning, and I has stopped the night before in Santa Nella, CA, headed to San Jose for an early morning delivery. I was headed over Pacheco Pass, when all of the sudden I felt a presence in my truck, and this woman's voice saying "Help me, please!" I look to the passenger seat, and see a ghost of a woman that was badly injured and disfigured, presumably from an accident. I just about needed a backhoe to clean my BVDs right then and there. Later talked to other people within the company I worked for that told me that this was a rather legendary ghost in the area that only came out at a certain time on a certain day, and that was the date and time she allegedly died. I just happened to be there right on time.

I have more ghost stories I can tell if you want to hear them, such as:
    - My encounter with one of Ted Bundy's victims in Sackett Hall on the campus of Oregon State University,
    - The ghost that threw books at me, and
    - The presence at my sister's house that always seems to bring me fresh cut flowers whenever I show up.

That should be enough for now.
    Desperado's Big Bang Theory:
    The theory that a "big bang" from a handgun, along with a perpetrator receiving a gunshot wound, is the best way to end violent personal or property crimes.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1584 times
    This happened to me in 1998. Me and my wife and 2 year old son were visiting my in-laws in Scottsdale AZ. After a busy day with family my wife and son went to bed. I decided to stay up and watch some tv in the family room on a very comfy recliner. Sound set low on tv as to not disturb anyone and lights off. Some time around 3am. I started to hear 40"s style big band music ! It was very faint just about could here it. Jumped up from recliner and followed the sound of the music which led me into the garage. The garage was filled with a lot of boxes and such. Began to move several boxes and other household stuff that were in the corner of the garage. I noticed a faint light against the wall as I was moving boxes away. There was a very old vintage radio that was playing music. I quickly shoved boxes back and walked briskly to bed room and went to sleep. Next morning while having coffee with my father in-law I told him what happened he asked me to show him the radio and location in that he did not recall owning a radio that old. We went out to garage and I moved the boxes and pointed to the radio. He got down on hands and knees and crawled to retrieve the radio. He grabbed it and slithered his way backwards to get a better look at it. Damn if the radio was not plugged in. He recalled that the original owners of the house couple in their 80's had left it when they moved to nursing home.

Member #
    Liked
    5353 times
    I got two for this thread.....
    Some time around 1982 or 83 three of my buddies and I camped in Allaire state park in NJ. We camped in the group camp area without a permit. Rangers came and told us to leave so we started breaking camp. They came back and said we could stay cause we were respectful and listened. Probably a bit after a midnight we were sitting around the fire and we saw 5 figures move or glide across the field on the other side of the road near the treeline. We watched them dissapear into the woods. We sat and stared at each other and discussed it in a whisper. I got one of the other guys to walk over to the wood line to see if we could see anything. Once we got there looked in the directions they came from and went too then back to were we had our fire and noticed something.....the grass was long and dew covered so we made tracks...there were no tracks along their path. We went back , told the other two guys....they slept in the car, one of them using the rear view mirror as a periscope. The guy who shared the tent with me wanted to kill me by morning.....I kept telling him how I would notice anything that tried to get us from the fires glow and escape while it got him!

Second story, my wife and I were relaxing in a farmhouse we lived in. The house was built in the 1800s. Our cat got up and slinked over to the stairs like it was stalking something. I heard a noise and got up and went to the base of the stairs the cat just went up. He came flying by me with his tail all fuzzed up like a bottle brush. I turned to my wife, asked if she heard that, she says no, then proceeds to tell me I was pale like I had seen a ghost.
    I then told her what I saw and heard....as I got to the stairs, I heard " here kitty kitty, here kitty kitty., I looked up the stairs and saw a little girl in a floral print dress with a ribbon around her waist. Then she was gone. I still get chills telling this and its 20 years or so later. My parents owned the farm and we were taking care of it for them. I told my mom about this and she told me about stuff that was hidden and moved that made her feel there was a mischievous ghost. She had jewelry missing that my dad found in the attic, she couldn't get in there as the access was through a hatch with no stairs. You had to set a step ladder over the toilet and start your climb on the third step so you wouldn't knock the paper holder off the wall.

Member #
    Liked
    21886 times
    The vast majority of my life is what others would call ghost stories. I just see them as daily life. sometimes they're interesting, other times annoying and then occasionally painful. The ones I remember most would be the lil red imps we had at one place we owned. House was built in 1864 and was known as the hooker house. Not because of prostitution but that was their family surname. Seems about 3 times a week, we'd be in the kitchen cooking dinner and we had a shelf right behind the stove. We'd have various spices and things like salt and pepper sitting up there for easy access when cooking. My sister decided she wanted to be the one making the meal and I did the prep work for her. As I'm cutting up veggies, I keep hearing her say "stop that", "C'mon, cut it out already". So I stop wand decide to watch what's happening. Whenever she'd reach for the salt or pepper, the shakers would move left or right just out of her grasp. I naturally start chuckling and she Yells "It's those damned IMPS". So I make a smartass comment and next thing I know, I've got a salt shaker smashing when it hits me in the forehead. My sister had turned her back to the stove just before that and I hear the ceramic shattering then her yelling "Oh S***". I'm on the ground and she's holding a kitchen towel to my head to stop the bleeding. If you can picture someone being covered in a raging fire of pure anger, that's how I saw her. That problem stopped right after that for some reason. I however ended up with 5 stitches in my eyebrow. I'll save other stories for other entries in this thread.
    Desperado, Lomax, one42A and 2 others like this.
    PT1911 - 45ACP, Pietta 1873 SAA - 45LC, PT709SS slim, Heritage RR 6.5" 22LR/Mag dual cylinders
    1939 Tula 91/30 Nugget, Evil Copper and Black Rifle, Savage B-Mag in 17WSM
    Mossberg 535 12ga
    GPS Coordinates to lake where they all reside. Always wear your life vests kids. Boating accidents DO happen.

Member #
    Liked
    873 times
    Green eyes! True story .
    Back in the 70s we had a large land development that got in a law suit for years and put on hold. The roads were put in but only a very few houses were constructed. You could get lost in the miles of roads they put down that takes up about 1/4 of the city. We were in the county and not a city then. We kids would race cars a little , park or have a bon fire. The sheriffs office didn't care as we were good kids and never gave them a reason to come out.
    You didn't go in the back after dark anyway because of green eyes!
    It was thick with under growth, small pine trees, large live oak and water oaks. So thick you couldn't walk in it The road twisted around so bad you couldn't go fast. Then out of nowhere a a pair of BIG GREEN EYES would flash at you. The faster you tried to drive out the more you would see GREEN EYES just off the road looking right at you and vanish in the thick woods. Anybody that got a good look said it was a large man with SHOTGUN. The man that owned that patch of woods died in a hunting accident with a shotgun!
    He was found a year after he died because nobody missed him. The land was posted "no trespassing or you will be shot". Nobody dared to go on his land as he was crazy. The land was sold off after his death and was to be developed into huge subdivision. But someone said he was MURDERED for the land and the subdivision was put on hold. The ghost of Green Eye was real. Just about everyone saw the Green Eyes look right at you and flash bright green and vanish. Not everyone would see him with his shotgun but if you got a glimpse, he vanished just as fast. In just a few years the law suit was settled and houses went up fast an green eyes was no more. I got a good look at green eyes and saw the big man with the shotgun before he went away forever. The Green eyes were deer and the big man with the shotgun was spot lighting them!
    Last edited by Ickthus; 10-08-2019 at 10:54 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    5220 times
    My brother and I rented a house in SoCal for a while that was haunted by the ghost of an old lady named Grace Gertrude Irwin that had previously owned the house. She actually looked out for us and took care of us. Too many stories to tell but there were physical manifestations and re-appearances of objects that she had owned but the caretaker and sworn had been lost. One time I had to get to class in college and it was raining really hard. As a starving college student I had little money for an umbrella. I got soaked coming home. Well, the next day it was raining twice as hard! I figured I would take a look around the house for a spare umbrella. I found one in the front closet right out in the open as if someone had placed it there. It was a nice umbrella that had a wooden carved head of a Yorkshire Terrier for the handle. I used it and stayed nice and dry. A few days later the caretaker came by to collect the rent and when he saw me with the umbrella he turned white as a (you guessed it) ghost. He asked me where I had found it. I told him where - right in the closet. He was acting kind of weird and I asked him why. He said that that umbrella was Mrs. Irwin's favorite umbrella as she had a number of Yorkshire Terriers through the years. She lost it right before her death (she died in the house) and it was never seen again until I found it. Pretty weird but true story.
    Taurus PT111G2 - Ruger LCPII - Charter Undercover .38 Spc - M'berg Mav88 Pistol Grip - M'berg 715T - Charles Daly Superior 12g O/U Trap - Heritage Rough Rider .22LR/WMR - Henry Classic Lever .22LR - Marlin 336W .30-30 Lever - Phoenix HP22LR - NAA .22WMR Mini-Revolver w/ Pocket Clip - GSG 1911-22 - H&R Young American .32 Safety Hammer NF (circa 1890)

USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus - CGC Point Evans WPB82376 - MSO LA/LB SaR & Drug Interdiction Response Team

NRA / Tx LTC

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2518 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperado View Post
    Since many had asked in the UFO thread about it, here is my Sam Kinison ghost story.

Back in 1999, when I was a truck driver, I took a load of charcoal from Springfield, OR to Las Vegas, NV, then to Phoenix, AZ, Then with a final stop in Tucson, AZ. The route I took from Las Vegas, NV to Phoenix, AZ took me down U.S. 95 in California. Northwest of the town of Needles, CA, on U.S. 95, about 5 to 7 miles from the intersection with Interstate 40, is a curve to the left, then a curve to the right, before you cross the Santa Fe railroad line that parallels Interstate 40. At the time, I was minding my own business, when suddenly I started into doing Sam Kinison's famous "Dog Psychologist" routine out of the blue. No real reason to do this, but it happened. I thought to myself that that was strange, then I felt a presence in the truck with me that whispered "Good job, almost as good as me". That was when I knew the ghost was Sam Kinison's ghost.

Later, I saw a biography on Sam Kinison, and they showed EXACTLY where the accident that took his life had occurred. That was the EXACT place where I started the Sam Kinison routine, and felt his presence in the cab of my truck. To this day, I do not know why it happened, other than I was into comedy and comedians at the time, and usually listened to tapes of various comedians as I traveled from place to place.

Now the other one I referred to, the one on Pacheco Pass in California, is downright scary. It was the wee hours of the morning, and I has stopped the night before in Santa Nella, CA, headed to San Jose for an early morning delivery. I was headed over Pacheco Pass, when all of the sudden I felt a presence in my truck, and this woman's voice saying "Help me, please!" I look to the passenger seat, and see a ghost of a woman that was badly injured and disfigured, presumably from an accident. I just about needed a backhoe to clean my BVDs right then and there. Later talked to other people within the company I worked for that told me that this was a rather legendary ghost in the area that only came out at a certain time on a certain day, and that was the date and time she allegedly died. I just happened to be there right on time.

I have more ghost stories I can tell if you want to hear them, such as:
    - My encounter with one of Ted Bundy's victims in Sackett Hall on the campus of Oregon State University,
    - The ghost that threw books at me, and
    - The presence at my sister's house that always seems to bring me fresh cut flowers whenever I show up.

That should be enough for now.
    RED FLAG.

Take away his guns!

Member #
    Liked
    1301 times
    We were underway, headed up to Alaska for a NORPAC operation. USS Mobile was several days at sea at the time I was pulling an evening 2000-2400 Sounding/Security watch.

I was on the last leg of my watch, headed down to the seventh deck, reefer compressor room. The space I'm to monitor is a small room filled with refrigeration compressors. My purpose is to mark off a check off list as to the condition of the reefer equipment, making sure its running up to snuff, secure the compartment, then head up to the bridge for my watch relief.
    It's awfully noisy in this machinery room, so I donned a pair of ear muffs just to hear myself think. Just forward of the compressor room compartment’s door is a passageway abeam of the ship. At each end of this passageway(port and starboard) are ladders leading up & out of the space. Doors in the forward bulkhead lead to dry food storage, a cold storage freezer and a large cooler,of the passageway of the compressor room passageway are the cold storage freezers and dry storage compartments. Each of the Ship's stores are under lock and key. There was also a large dumbwaiter to shuttle foodstuffs up to the mess deck.

Like I was saying, I'm trying to hurry through my little assignment, 'cuz I'm on the last leg of my watch, it’s about 2320. I've still got to climb the mountain of ladders to reach the bridge, for my watch relief. If I hurried, I might be able to make it up to the mess deck in time for some Midrats! But then I heard this rattling of a ladder. I stuck my head outta the door and see this little Pilipino cook opening one of the big reefer doors. All seems well, so I tend to my own business. But not long after wards, I hear this blood curdling scream! It sounded like one of them hysterical, screaming women getting murdered just like in a slasher flick. The screaming seemed to travel up the ladder and out of ear shot. Man was my heart pumping pure adrenalin! The hair on my neck was standing on end!

I did what any brave S/S watch would do... I locked myself into the compressor room! I had a 14 inch pipe wrench in one hand and a Billie club in the other. I wasn't going down without a fight. I tried to call out to the bridge and D.C. Central on the sound powered phone in the compressor room. Either it didn't work or nobody was answering their phones tonight. After a few moments that seemed an eternity, I cracked the door open to see if I could spy the dead body that I was sure was there. What I saw didn't really look promising! Nothing but luncheon meat and sliced cheese scattered about the green tiled deck.

Where's the body and blood? Hmmmm. I was going to miss mid-rats if I didn't shake a leg. So I swung the compressor room door open and hit the forward bulkhead with my back, ready to cream anything that moved. But the only things moving were the unlatched reefer door that kept banging against the bulkhead as the ship listed and the spooky, foggy mist pouring from out of the opened reefer doorway. I didn't care for this at all! I can't convey how creeped out I was.

I checked out the passageway to make sure I was alone and latched the reefer door in the opened position. Then I proceeded to check out the reefer room. A big aluminum was tray lying on the deck. Not long ago there had been a variety of luncheon meats and cheese neatly laid out upon it in an attempt to nourish the oncoming watches at mid-rats. As I stepped over this mess, I was ever so aware of my surroundings.

As I went deeper into the reefer to investigate, I was ever so sure that beneath this thick fog was either a dead body or some sort of boogie man. "Something" made a grown man scream like a little girl as he ran away!

Everything seemed in order, except for the big mess on the deck out side of the reefer. The hair on my neck was starting to settle down. As I was on my way out of the reefer, I noticed several cardboard signs hanging from these large metal containers. One sign said 'chocolate', another 'maple nut','vanilla', etc. There were two stacks of three of these rather large and long aluminum containers. They were about two by two by seven feet. Like I said, each had it's own ice cream flavor sign attached to it. Well I figured if I was going to go through all of this business of being scared to death, late for my watch relief and then missing midrats... by golly a five gallon bucket of ice cream would be a nice reward.

It looked like it might be a hassle to remove the lids of these containers. So I went for the one marked "Neapolitan" since it was part way opened up. I had to clamber over some stacks of frozen boxes to reach into the "ICE CREAM BOX" of my choice. So as I reached for my five gallons worth of frosty reward, I had to push this black plastic material out of the way to obtain my prize.

Holy! Cow! Cub Fans! Inside the black sack was this Popsicle looking, really old dead guy!! His eyes and mouth were open, his tongue was sticking out of his toothless lips and he needed a shave badly! It was about this time I decided not to make the Navy a career choice. After I picked myself off of the deck, I locked up the reefer room, then high tailed it up to the bridge, eleven decks above me, for watch relief... sans the Neapolitan.

Huffing and puffing as I reached the bridge, I tried to calm myself before entering. Still blinded by the white lights in the outer passageway of officer's country, I couldn't see my hand in front of my face as I stepped into the red lights of the bridge. Although I couldn't see anyone, It sounded as though everyone on the bridge was going to bust their guts out for all the laughing that was going on! Now this is really odd 'cuz we’re in "God's Country" here. No one ever plays grab ass or jokes around on a U.S. Navy bridge when the ship is underway. Tonight was to be an exception though.

As it turned out, the Chief Commissaryman left specific orders with the duty messcook, that ice cream is to be served at mid-rats this evening. It was then that it dawned on me that those "ice cream" boxes down in the reefer contained the remains of old Navy veterans that were to be buried at sea in ceremony within the next couple of days.

As for that little Pilipino cook? He never ever went down to the reefer decks again. I guess we fooled him good!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Anything that can happen with a gun probably will happen, sooner or later." _John M. Browning

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links