Like Tree55Likes

Thread: My wife won $5 million dollars and a new Mercedes

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    31154 times

My wife won $5 million dollars and a new Mercedes

She calls me from where she does volunteer work and tells me "are you sitting down?" then tells me this. She then tells me they want $3500 to complete the deal, or something. Now, this woman was a college professor in COMPUTER SCIENCE for Christ's sake! Programming requires LOGIC, right? I immediately said "it's a scam" and she says, well I was worried about that.

I mean, WHY would someone wanna give you 5 mil and need 3500 to send it too you? THINK. So, I googled and found all sorts of publisher's clearing house scams listed to assure her. I mean, she's just so trusting of anyone, gets her in trouble. She has told me she believes in the inherent goodness of man to which I always tell her I only trust a man (or woman) won't mess with me only if he's staring down the barrel of my .357 magnum and sees the cylinder cycling.

Anyway, we ain't rich anymore.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46534 times
    Glad you set her straight. People fall for scams all the time.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Taurusarmed.net Where are you map?

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    31154 times
    Anyway, I've been thinking of ways to mess with these people, like "I'm just an old man on social security. Tell ya what, soon as that 5 mil check cashes and clears, I'll drive down to the bank in my new Mercedes and cut you a $3500 money order.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46534 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NativeTexan View Post
    Anyway, I've been thinking of ways to mess with these people, like "I'm just an old man on social security. Tell ya what, soon as that 5 mil check cashes, I'll drive down to the bank in my new Mercedes and cut you a $3500 money order.
    I have a copy of a check from the IRS from the late 80's. I'm not saying I gave that account number and routing number to scammers in the past......but.......
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Member #
    Liked
    29494 times
    I don't answer solicitation calls anymore; but I used to like messing with them.

Back in the early 80's one called saying they were soliciting funds to send crippled children to a Harlem Globe Trotters game at a local municipal auditorium.

I said GREAT! I have two kids in wheelchairs when do I get their 2 free tickets?

They hung up and never called back...go figure.
    morrcarr67 likes this.
    NULLI SECUNDUS

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46534 times
    We get scam calls at work about our copier I just tell them it is a Xerox 914 that I need supplies for. I can here them banging on the key board searching before they hang up. Occasionally I get the real funny comment before they hang up. I think it does help slow down the calls from them over just hanging up.
    morrcarr67 and MOONDAWG like this.

Member #
    Liked
    5875 times
    Like you I am always amazed at highly educated people falling for that stuff. I will never understand how that happens. Suffice to say you don't learn everything in college.

Member #
    Liked
    21594 times
    Does Mercedes make tractors?
    Remember:
    Life is short.
    Make sure you spend as much time as possible
    on the internet arguing with strangers about politics.

Member #
    Liked
    118 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyC2639 View Post
    Like you I am always amazed at highly educated people falling for that stuff. I will never understand how that happens. Suffice to say you don't learn everything in college.
    Education never ends. Good judgement is usually the result of learning from bad judgement. Hopefully not your own...

Bob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    7581 times
    Glad she didn't fall for the oldest trick known ! I use to get those in the mail yrs ago ! If she has the phone # she could just report it to the Authorities !

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links