A little RV observation. - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: A little RV observation.

Member #
    Liked
    564 times
    My small RV. I can boondock awhile and fit most anywhere. Perfect for my wife and I. We are planning a trip to Grand Canyon, Bryce antelope and Moab next June from PA.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Taurus PT99 AF. Stainless
    Ruger 22 45
    Sig Sauer P938 emperor scorpion

You can't change the mind of someone who refuses to use it....... Me

If we rely on the government for our prosperity there will be no prosperity at all

Member #
    Liked
    19231 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 2wheeladdict View Post
    My small RV. I can boondock awhile and fit most anywhere. Perfect for my wife and I. We are planning a trip to Grand Canyon, Bryce antelope and Moab next June from PA.
    I had a truck bed camper once. It was a pop up style Skamper. I really liked that camper, but the wife didn't. Should have kept it come to think about it....LOL

Member #
    Liked
    5220 times
    This is the one that my wife and I think would be best for our first travel trailer. Has all the amenities we are interested in and is dual axle. It can also be optioned up really nicely. (Solar, bigger generator, dual propane, entertainment center, self leveling, etc..) I like the idea of boondocking but Mrs. Chef probably would prefer a campground. We'll see. And an F150 (my preference but any mid-level truck would do) would haul this quite nicely even at altitude.

https://forestriverinc.com/rvs/trave...lf/20RDSE/3146
    Taurus PT111G2 - Ruger LCPII - Charter Undercover .38 Spc - M'berg Mav88 Pistol Grip - M'berg 715T - Charles Daly Superior 12g O/U Trap - Heritage Rough Rider .22LR/WMR - Henry Classic Lever .22LR - Marlin 336W .30-30 Lever - Phoenix HP22LR - NAA .22WMR Mini-Revolver w/ Pocket Clip - GSG 1911-22 - H&R Young American .32 Safety Hammer NF (circa 1890)

USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus - CGC Point Evans WPB82376 - MSO LA/LB SaR & Drug Interdiction Response Team

NRA / Tx LTC

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    5441 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chefduane View Post
    This is the one that my wife and I think would be best for our first travel trailer. Has all the amenities we are interested in and is dual axle. It can also be optioned up really nicely. (Solar, bigger generator, dual propane, entertainment center, self leveling, etc..) I like the idea of boondocking but Mrs. Chef probably would prefer a campground. We'll see. And an F150 (my preference but any mid-level truck would do) would haul this quite nicely even at altitude.

The way they photograph these things they can make them look as big as Biltmore.

Nice unit.

All the Best,
    D. White
    Czechbikr, chefduane and jonrjen like this.
    __________________________________________________ __________
    The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual
    rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand

ETF
    Member #
    Liked
    2198 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chefduane View Post

It's got everything that you need.

My wife is a bit like yours. She prefers the RV Resort type of places with all the amenities although she seldom, if ever, uses them. I can get by with a lot less. When we had our smaller Class "C" I used to like camping in State Parks, COE parks and the like. The latest rig is a bit big to comfortably get in to many of those places. We've never really boondocked for more than a day or two.

I've met people who camp for months in a small teardrop trailer. My problem with smaller units is getting enough storage space for all the "stuff" that I inevitably drag along. A lot of it is not actually stuff that I need but rather stuff that I want to have … just in case.
    jonrjen and chefduane like this.

YOT
    Member #
    Liked
    3518 times
    Most of our camping is boondocking with close friends We don't have a tiny travel trailer, but we surely don't have a large one either. It's a 2013 StarCraft Autumn Ridge 245DS. We bought it "used-in new condition" when it was three years old. The people that had it decided the couldn't handle it because of faltering health. We got lucky.

Name:  20170821_111612_zpssn3tkbgj.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  346.5 KB
    jonrjen, pegasus and chefduane like this.
    "It isn't always being fast or even accurate that counts, it's being willing. I found out early that most men regardless of cause or need aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger and I won't." - The Shootist (John Wayne)

Member #
    Liked
    6421 times
    Back in the day when we purchased our first 5th wheel (25 foot) we had more fun with it than lager ones we bought. We purchased a 32 foot 5th wheel and a 32 foot motor home. However we still enjoyed the 25 foot more.
    jonrjen likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3559 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaBravoKS View Post
    While traveling, I've noticed that people who stay in the regular sized hotel rooms are more friendly and chatty than people who stay in suites. I just see RV's as money pits and obstacles to pass on the highway. I'll never be able to spend enough on hotels to justify the cost of an RV.

To each his own!
    If you're comparing costs, unless you're traveling full time you're right it's cheaper to stay at motels and hotels. The thing that interests my wife and I about a toy hauler though is having the same bed every night and knowing it's a comfortable bed, no bedbugs or roaches, (we've found them even in supposedly 4 star hotels) knowing when the sheets were washed, not having to eat at restaurants 2-3 times a day, etc. For us we would want to take our MC and the truck burns almost the same amount of gas hauling the MC on a trailer as hauling it in a toy hauler. Of course a MC trailer is much cheaper than even a used toy hauler. I guess it depends on how much travel my wife and I want to do when we get the chance to do it. At the moment travel is on hold due to an elderly relatives slowly declining health.
    jonrjen and YOT like this.

ETF
    Member #
    Liked
    2198 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    The thing that interests my wife and I about a toy hauler though is having the same bed every night and knowing it's a comfortable bed, no bedbugs or roaches, (we've found them even in supposedly 4 star hotels) knowing when the sheets were washed, not having to eat at restaurants 2-3 times a day, etc.
    All of the above and the fact that you only have to pack once and unpack once. But, he's right. There's no way that you can logically justify an RV if you are not full timing … except that it is just so much friggin' fun.

YOT
    Member #
    Liked
    3518 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    The thing that interests my wife and I about a toy hauler though is having the same bed every night and knowing it's a comfortable bed, no bedbugs or roaches, (we've found them even in supposedly 4 star hotels) knowing when the sheets were washed, not having to eat at restaurants 2-3 times a day, etc.
    This is SO important to us. My wife worked in the hotel industry for years and has related some of the horror stories to me. Besides that, my career... Let's just say I know how disgusting people can be. I don't want to bed down in a room that is cleaned by a minimum wage housekeeper after most of the people that have stayed there.
    ETF likes this.
    "It isn't always being fast or even accurate that counts, it's being willing. I found out early that most men regardless of cause or need aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger and I won't." - The Shootist (John Wayne)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sponsored Links