Who'd a thunk it? Restraining orders aren't bullet proof. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Who'd a thunk it? Restraining orders aren't bullet proof.

Member #
    Liked
    7887 times
    Stupid is as stupid does.....no matter what state you are in.We have some winners here for sure.So does everyone else.
    Vengeance is mine sayeth the .45

Member #
    Liked
    33558 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaBravoKS View Post
    Some horses and chickens did something...
    ...I dunno' about chickens but didn't they used to hang horses for stealin'?
    DeltaBravoKS likes this.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

Member #
    Liked
    68 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kschilk View Post
    ...I dunno' about chickens but didn't they used to hang horses for stealin'?
    Ahh, not exactly but sumtin like dat.
    DeltaBravoKS and kschilk like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    31457 times
    If the recipient of a protective order or restraining order has no disregard for the law, then the person who got the order in the first place had better be prepared for the worst.
    Desperado and 230JHP like this.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    21896 times
    The restraining order used to be a get out of jail free card if the person served with it violated it and got kilt. Now it also serves as a red flag in case, you know, they want to take your guns.
    230JHP and jtg452 like this.
    PT1911 - 45ACP, Pietta 1873 SAA - 45LC, PT709SS slim, Heritage RR 6.5" 22LR/Mag dual cylinders
    1939 Tula 91/30 Nugget, Evil Copper and Black Rifle, Savage B-Mag in 17WSM
    Mossberg 535 12ga
    GPS Coordinates to lake where they all reside. Always wear your life vests kids. Boating accidents DO happen.

Member #
    Liked
    7050 times
    I've always heard the most dangerous times in abusive relationships were when the abused got out of it, and when the abuser got served with a restraining order.

The noise and chatter of people with faux fears that are ideologically-based hyperbole can tend to drown out people with real-world threats to their safety.

Some people follow the law, but at the same time, a person who can't find it in their heart to follow the simple social principle of, 'don't hurt someone you love,' can't really be trusted to comply with an administrative restriction imposed by that society.
    jtg452 and Desperado like this.
    Most stereotypes come from how you treated the last person who didn't know you.

Member #
    Liked
    7616 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacemakr40 View Post
    The restraining order used to be a get out of jail free card if the person served with it violated it and got kilt. Now it also serves as a red flag in case, you know, they want to take your guns.
    Yup. It documented an ongoing threat that had been found credible enough by a judge to issue the restraining order.

On the other hand, I've seen spiteful spouses in divorce proceedings take them out for leverage, too.
    Peacemakr40 likes this.
    Student of the ancient Chinese art of Bang Pow.

Gun Shui adviser

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant" (1933)

Make 2020 the year of MABA- Make Alex Bartend Again.

Member #
    Liked
    266 times
    "Although several residents nearby later reported hearing shots earlier that morning, no one called 911 and no one witnessed the murder."
    Anyone that thinks society will protect them form death or serious bodily injury, is delusional. And from the looks of the article, she could not pick out good men.

No one called the cops, and I think that will become more common in America. People are scared or they are tired out, so they just go back to what they were doing.

After they left the restaurant, he grabbed her by the wrist and neck, frightening her enough that she jumped out of the vehicle and got into a stranger's vehicle.
    She got into a strangers car? You know something, that shows a lack of good judgement to me. Did she have enough sense to know what was good for her?
    Could she sense danger and do the right thing? OK, the stranger did not kill her, but she sounds lost, and incapable of rational thinking.

{That article is poorly written, I will just call it a mess.}
    Last edited by MisterMills357; 09-21-2019 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Blabbed some more.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links