• 1 Post By chefduane
  • 2 Post By NotSo

Thread: A new book recommendation

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    20396 times

A new book recommendation

Regardless of your politics - and I don’t really want politics brought up in this thread - my latest book purchase is “Permanent Record” by Edward Snowden. It was just released and already the DOJ had blocked monies to him b/c he didn’t submit the manuscript to DOJ for proofread before publication. For the record I consider Snowden a hero to the nation for his actions. I saw the movie a year or so back and have been waiting on his book. I figured I had better buy it while I still could.

Name:  82232587-8BE0-4A20-8E46-127329554CE2.jpeg
Views: 15
Size:  1.95 MB
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

The Declaration of Independence states that the sole purpose of government is to secure the inalienable rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. And, if it fails, the people are justified in getting rid of government, not the rights. - Judge Jeanine Pirro

The first lesson in economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson in politics is to forget the first lesson in economics. - Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    884 times
    Two wrongs doesn't make it right and you can't be a martyr if you're not willing to fall on your sword. He is an enigma of his own making. He can be on his own.

Member #
    Liked
    5222 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonaredeye View Post
    Regardless of your politics - and I don’t really want politics brought up in this thread - my latest book purchase is “Permanent Record” by Edward Snowden. It was just released and already the DOJ had blocked monies to him b/c he didn’t submit the manuscript to DOJ for proofread before publication. For the record I consider Snowden a hero to the nation for his actions. I saw the movie a year or so back and have been waiting on his book. I figured I had better buy it while I still could.
    Huh? You can't request that politics not be discussed then make a purely political statement like "I consider Snowden a hero." This subject matter is solely about politics. C'mon.
    777Driver likes this.
    Taurus PT111G2 - Ruger LCPII - Charter Undercover .38 Spc - M'berg Mav88 Pistol Grip - M'berg 715T - Charles Daly Superior 12g O/U Trap - Heritage Rough Rider .22LR/WMR - Henry Classic Lever .22LR - Marlin 336W .30-30 Lever - Phoenix HP22LR - NAA .22WMR Mini-Revolver w/ Pocket Clip - GSG 1911-22 - H&R Young American .32 Safety Hammer NF (circa 1890)

USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus - CGC Point Evans WPB82376 - MSO LA/LB SaR & Drug Interdiction Response Team

NRA / Tx LTC

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    4632 times
    Yep. This thread is doomed to The Pit of Misery:

Name:  Pit of Misery.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  96.7 KB
    777Driver and Qwiks draw like this.
    Whatever adjective or verb comes to mind, I am...NotSo.

One of my goals in life is to shoot more people on purpose than I do by accident. So far, so good.

Sponsored Links