My FIL is buying me a boat
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: My FIL is buying me a boat

Member #
    Liked
    41754 times

My FIL is buying me a boat

Let me preface that by saying he wants to buy a boat, he has 2 picked out and he wants me to choose between the 2 because my wife and I are going to be the only people that use it.

So, new 16 foot pontoon boat, both have 40hp out board, trolling motor up front, fish finder and 2 live wells.

Only difference is one has swivel fishing chairs up front near the trolling motor and one has two swivel chars at the back and bench seats up front near the trolling motor.

I’m leaning towards the first because: easier to operate the trolling motor.

Both seat 7.

Thoughts?

Fishing off a pontoon boat?

Free boat?

Dedicated to a Texas lake, or other lakes not a bay boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Qwiks draw and twolfe55 like this.

"Always carry a knife with you. Just in Case there's cheesecake or you need to stab someone in the throat."
    "Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."
    Friends don't let friends buy Keltecs...
    Molon Labe
    I live in a purple house, you got a problem with that?
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes."

Member #
    Liked
    21888 times
    It really boils down to which you're more comfortable with. I know most fishermen prefer to have a swivel seat near the trolling motor so they can get better control but ultimately it's up to you and your FIL.
    PT1911 - 45ACP, Pietta 1873 SAA - 45LC, PT709SS slim, Heritage RR 6.5" 22LR/Mag dual cylinders
    1939 Tula 91/30 Nugget, Evil Copper and Black Rifle, Savage B-Mag in 17WSM
    Mossberg 535 12ga
    GPS Coordinates to lake where they all reside. Always wear your life vests kids. Boating accidents DO happen.

Member #
    Liked
    33532 times
    I believe I'd want the swivel seats near the trolling motor. Not a regular thing but I've fished from a pontoon a few times and always from the front. However, I've never trolled from one. ...free is cool! ...still doin' the kayak?
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    22351 times
    I say hold out for a Bertram...........
    coopercdrkey likes this.
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

Member #
    Liked
    3978 times
    You could also navigate a river pretty well with a pontoon boat. Not much draft -- good clearance underneath.

Member #
    Liked
    33532 times
    ...seems to me there was a li'l incident loadin' kayaks once......I believe that's still regarded as the worst maritime disaster to ever happen on land and ya' know......a lake is kinda' like a big water cooler......where's Noah when ya' need 'im?!
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

Member #
    Liked
    841 times
    Free is good, take one or the other.
    If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.
    -Patches O'Houlihan

Member #
    Liked
    41754 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kschilk View Post
    ...seems to me there was a li'l incident loadin' kayaks once......I believe that's still regarded as the worst maritime disaster to ever happen on land and ya' know......a lake is kinda' like a big water cooler......where's Noah when ya' need 'im?!
    Negative. The “incident” involved my FIL hitting a $100k dock attached to a $1 million house, messing up some trim and sailing away. All because I didn’t speak up “aren’t we approaching that dock quickly?”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    kschilk and WoodyUSSLUCE like this.

"Always carry a knife with you. Just in Case there's cheesecake or you need to stab someone in the throat."
    "Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."
    Friends don't let friends buy Keltecs...
    Molon Labe
    I live in a purple house, you got a problem with that?
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes."

Member #
    Liked
    4165 times
    First thing I thought of......

Sorry...
    WoodyUSSLUCE likes this.
    When people lose their way and begin to vote for their own yokes and chains and suddenly we’re all wearing them, when Government turns tyrannical and the light of liberty is being extinguished.... our 2nd amendment is our ONLY hope.

Member #
    Liked
    4799 times
    You FIL sounds like a peach of a fellow!!!!
    Texheim likes this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links