Like Tree59Likes

Thread: My FIL is buying me a boat

Member #
    Liked
    33531 times
    Name:  RNHouseboat3.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  22.9 KB
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

Member #
    Liked
    22351 times
    You sure this isn't a ploy to get you to take him fishing? Because that would be brilliant. Instead of buying a boat and having to deal with all the associated issues....towing, launching, maintenance, storage.... you buy the SIL the boat and let him deal with all that.
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    11180 times
    Speaking from limited experience, I preferred a swivel seat so I could easily reach the troll handle and the beer cooler without having to adjust my fishing pole.
    Texheim and TrucksNCoffee like this.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    33531 times
    What's he gonna' name it......the Textanic?
    Texheim likes this.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

Member #
    Liked
    41754 times
    Quote Originally Posted by glenwolde View Post
    You sure this isn't a ploy to get you to take him fishing? Because that would be brilliant. Instead of buying a boat and having to deal with all the associated issues....towing, launching, maintenance, storage.... you buy the SIL the boat and let him deal with all that.
    His lake house, his dock, his gas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Always carry a knife with you. Just in Case there's cheesecake or you need to stab someone in the throat."
    "Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."
    Friends don't let friends buy Keltecs...
    Molon Labe
    I live in a purple house, you got a problem with that?
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes."

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46562 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Texheim View Post
    His lake house, his dock, his gas

His Insurance....I'd go with the swivel seats, bench seats give off the party boat feel instead of the fishing boat feel.

I forget, is this Cedar Creek Reservoir? I caught some nice strippers and channel cats there in 1984.
    Texheim likes this.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Taurusarmed.net Where are you map?

Member #
    Liked
    41754 times
    It is Cedar Creek. Looked at the model today. Going with the swivels in the back with remote GPS enabled trolling motor. Really neat tech. You can tell the trolling motor where to take the boat, where to stay, what direction to go in all from a wireless remote.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishinkeylargo View Post
    His Insurance....I'd go with the swivel seats, bench seats give off the party boat feel instead of the fishing boat feel.

I forget, is this Cedar Creek Reservoir? I caught some nice strippers and channel cats there in 1984.
    Fishinkeylargo likes this.

"Always carry a knife with you. Just in Case there's cheesecake or you need to stab someone in the throat."
    "Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."
    Molon Labe
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes."

Member #
    Liked
    41754 times
    The MIL ratted him out last night. He purchased an Idiots Guide to Fishing. You hit the nail on the head.

Molon Labe

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2523 times
    Wait a minute, what's wrong with that? If my FIL bought me a Thompson sub machine gun hoping I'd take him to go shooting, NO PROBLEMO!
    Texheim likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    8582 times
    My wife bought me a boat. It does come with some baggage though.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links